Siege of the Atlas Item Filter Information

Will my collected tainted orbs stay in standard?
Guild "Metal" /// league + standard /// NO voice-chat necessary
"
Infarkt wrote:
Will my collected tainted orbs stay in standard?

They are in standard already and will stay there
Last edited by Melpheos on Feb 3, 2022, 6:08:08 AM
Was about to edit my filter, good thing I discovered this info here. Cheers!
Nice!

The amount of currency orbs is getting a bit silly though.
1 day till launch and still no patch notes?
Any player can design a build that works,
but it takes a casual player to design a build that barely works.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ FILTER CREATORS TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
"
Great, but the guy that makes filterblade will pretend as always he needs to finish the lootfilter 1 hour before league start instead of releasing the loot filter update in the next couple hours so people can spend time to setup their loot filters 24h ahead of time. (or even just 5 hours ahead of league start...)

Its great Filterblade does what they do, but pretending every league on live stream "Alright I've been working on the loot filter for the past 36 hours, and only couple more edits left" is just BS with 1 hour to go before league starts.

I am also convinced GGG actually sends this info to Filterblade way sooner than we hear about it so filterblade Folks can punch in the parameters in a couple hours, lets be real.

Sometimes I wish GGG would take over filterblade and do it themselves so there is less pretending and unnecessary fabricated "procrastination BS".

I want to address that.

POE development cycles are insane. GGG keeps developing and polishing until the very last 12 hours (and this IS good). The filter post has already been edited 3 times and they keep adding things. For what it's worth, I think it's the best approach. There were times when GGG PMd me just a few hours before launch, because they added or changes some content.

I'm an alpha tester and at times I do get the information earlier indeed.

However that data is often even more unfinished and doesn't work in the current patch. Deploying it earlier will do no good. It will be broken on standard/current league and might not even work yet in the new one, since it's work in progress. Stability is key and this will cause a ton of damage.

On top of that, with the 10++ styles, 7 strictnesses, 3 economy versions, filterblade, item database, checking presets, autoupdater, aspect files and taking care of the scalable cloud infrastructure while maintaining costs and performance - there's a ton of work and testing involved. You obviously have no freaking idea how much work goes into it, but believe me we can absolutely use the time.

36 hours?! This league we've been working since ~3 f-ing weeks to get all of the technical stuff done and that doesn't even include the auto-updater. In the evenings. After work. Daily. The 8.0 update alone took probably 500+ hours. The switch to AWS about the same.

Finally filterblade is built in a way that you can do your changes now and load them once the patch hit and only adjust whatever is added.

The filterblade release streams have also been invaluable for promoting new filterblade features and getting player preferences to finetune the filter.

Not everything is perfect, but as far as I'm aware all of our releases gave users at least 3-6 hours to still finish the customizations.

But please, if my work is not good enough for you, go use something else.

PS: this definitely triggered me.

PS2:

Image attached for current GIT states of the filterblade repo. We're at around 10000 commits at this point.

Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Feb 3, 2022, 9:12:05 AM
"

Great, but the guy that makes filterblade will pretend as always he needs to finish the lootfilter 1 hour before league start instead of releasing the loot filter update in the next couple hours so people can spend time to setup their loot filters 24h ahead of time. (or even just 5 hours ahead of league start...)

Its great Filterblade does what they do, but pretending every league on live stream "Alright I've been working on the loot filter for the past 36 hours, and only couple more edits left" is just BS with 1 hour to go before league starts.

I am also convinced GGG actually sends this info to Filterblade way sooner than we hear about it so filterblade Folks can punch in the parameters in a couple hours, lets be real.

Sometimes I wish GGG would take over filterblade and do it themselves so there is less pretending and unnecessary fabricated "procrastination BS".

"

I rarely post anything on this forum, but I got triggered as well.
So unless the first message was just poor man's attempt to trigger people, it is utter BS.

So let me get this straight - NeverSink and his team spend their FREE TIME to get the tool up and running so your lazy ass can use the premade and highly configurable item filter in game, and apparently you are unsatisfied that in his FREE TIME he is not able to finalize it at the time that's convenient for you...

"
But please, if my work is not good enough for you, go use something else.

Sincerely to the raging BS guy, go and do that...

@NeverSink - keep up the good job mate and don't worry about trolls.
Last edited by Th3Taz on Feb 3, 2022, 9:00:51 AM
lol :)
Last edited by TOP_Commander on Feb 19, 2022, 6:56:19 PM
"
NeverSink wrote:
"

NeverSink, keep up the great work mate, we (normal people) really appreciate it! :)

Do not get triggered because of entitled spoiled kids slash miserable trolls like that guy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info