3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

why is flame surge only at level 1?
"
za6i9ka wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
How to calculate fuses from POB.

Ensure you are set up corrected in the Configuration tab. Frenzies, Lifetap, set is the enemy a boss to Sirus, etc. Ensure you have your flasks all ticked active in the items tab.

Switch to the calculations tab. Max *possible* fuses - if your totems are all firing at the same single target - is calculated by multiplying the 4 numbers shown below.

Attack Rate * Hit Chance * Duration Mod * Active Totem Limit

In this case:

2.42 * 100% * 1.55 * 6 = 22.506

Thats not how it works lol, lets say you do 2.42 atks per second. Then you'll do 3.751 attacks in the span of 1.55sec. But since there's no such thing as 0.751 attack (you either do attack or not) it counts as 3 attacks so 3*6=18

Also, since it counts after mob gets 1st arrow on it, it should be something like - 0sec->6arrows, 0.41sec->12 arrows, 0.82->18 arrows, 1.23->24 arrows so you should be hitting 20 fuses.

Yeah, thats completley wrong, sorry.
Attacks never get "rounded down". It's always about the average.
Attacks average out over the time span. And so do the Fuses.
Grimjacks calc was perfectly right. Don't overthink it.

"
za6i9ka wrote:

0sec->6arrows, 0.41sec->12 arrows, 0.82->18 arrows, 1.23->24 arrows so you should be hitting 20 fuses.

This is also misleading at best. As it only counts for "mob-dies exactly after one Single Explosion" AND only for bosses there you are actually able to preload 6totems (Bosses with Phasing Introduction). Soo..uh doesn't really apply in most places anyway.

"
shizukun wrote:

We only care about the "25% Burning ground" part of the skill. And thats always the same. So no difference between lvl 1 or 20
"
Schejian wrote:

Yeah, thats completley wrong, sorry.
Attacks never get "rounded down". It's always about the average.
Attacks average out over the time span. And so do the Fuses.
Grimjacks calc was perfectly right. Don't overthink it.

"
za6i9ka wrote:

0sec->6arrows, 0.41sec->12 arrows, 0.82->18 arrows, 1.23->24 arrows so you should be hitting 20 fuses.

This is also misleading at best. As it only counts for "mob-dies exactly after one Single Explosion" AND only for bosses there you are actually able to preload 6totems (Bosses with Phasing Introduction). Soo..uh doesn't really apply in most places anyway.

Why does that "perfectly right" sounds like something you just made up? If we're not preloading, we'll need to account for totem placement speed too, not just atk speed and duration of fuses and totems count.

And we're mostly calculating boss dps, since in most cases there are bunch of mobs. We can't realistically think that all totems will hit same mob so that "average" can be thrown into gutter along with any other formula.
Last edited by za6i9ka on Mar 3, 2022, 3:18:36 AM
"
Schejian wrote:

"
shizukun wrote:

We only care about the "25% Burning ground" part of the skill. And thats always the same. So no difference between lvl 1 or 20
However... I level it out anyway. The level doesn't matter for us, so when I hit 20/20 I'll vaal it and hope for a 20/23, which I'll sell for a few chaos and replace it with a new one. It's not a lot of extra income, but it's free.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Hey guys, can anyone help me to calculate my total DPS? Cause i'm a little confused about PoB.
"
BeZyMeЦ wrote:
Hey guys, can anyone help me to calculate my total DPS? Cause i'm a little confused about PoB.
Looks like you're just shy of 5m DPS.

Your attack speed is ok, accuracy needs a boost, and skill duration as well. At the moment you are barely going over 10 fuses.

Quality on your Explosive Arrow gem, and the DOT Mastery on the skill tree will help with duration.

You'll need several pieces of gear with tier 1 rolls for accuracy for the other.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Where should I look next to inrease ignite chance? Feeling stuck on socket colors and about 5ex in savings.

"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
BeZyMeЦ wrote:

Your attack speed is ok, accuracy needs a boost, and skill duration as well. At the moment you are barely going over 10 fuses.

Quality on your Explosive Arrow gem, and the DOT Mastery on the skill tree will help with duration.

You'll need several pieces of gear with tier 1 rolls for accuracy for the other.

grim can calculate my fuse? and dps? why on pob we check "hit by cold dmg"?

hello guys, is the Nearby Enemies have -9% to Fire Resistance ilvl 85? saw it on craftofexile. why am i seeing ilvl 83 crown with with that mod? thanks
"
Beskaius wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
BeZyMeЦ wrote:

grim can calculate my fuse? and dps? why on pob we check "hit by cold dmg"?

Because we are using EE. Hit by cold/light = fire exposure from it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info