3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

Small question. I've been buying up some lethal prides trying to get %ignite you inflict deals damage faster and maybe some other useful mods.

Finally got a decent enough one with 20% faster ignite and 20% burning damage, but it also has "gain 5% of physical dmg as extra fire damage".

Will that gain phys as fire damage mess up my EE or does the Dyadian belt negate it?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by Ridman on Feb 22, 2022, 6:42:33 PM
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Cohaveth wrote:
Hi Guys,

I know it's elementalist here but I didn't found a champion EA ballista guide!

I'm following Zizaran's Explosive Arrow champion guide in HC league (https://pastebin.com/gp7AfmBT ).
After many death, I finally reached act 3 and level 28 yesterday and I could swap from shattering steel to EA ballista on a 4 link.

I thought I would be over powered but... no!

I've got a lot of difficulty to kill boss or rare mobs... For exemple, it took me 10 minutes to kill Dominus.
So I'm thinking that I'm making something wrong?
When I put the ballistas, the first arrows stick in the mob then they go through and explode on the walls.
I have elemental equilibrium with no fire dammage on my rings/quiver (just lightning).

Well, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong and I'm a little bit affraid of Piety Act 4 or Innocence fights if they take 10 minutes too.

My char :
https://poe-profile.info/profile/Cohaveth?realm=pc
You're using a piercing arrow quiver.

EA only sticks a fuse in the last target. So the initial hit won't do any real damage, and all your big damage explosions / ignites are sticking in a wall behind your target.

I knew I was making something stupid... Thanks to highlight it!
Didn't watch the implicit of this quiver... Just wanted life and fire resist!
Much better now!
I'm searching for a large cluster jewel and results with the two notables in the front that you have in the PoB are very spotty, are there any other notable options that are good/better to choose from? I'm seeing sadist and smoking remains on a lot of them, with cremator being in the front pair of a lot of them too, though I think cremator is a bad idea due to I think preventing cinderswallow urn from charging. Any info you can spare on this is appreciated
"
Ridman wrote:
Small question. I've been buying up some lethal prides trying to get %ignite you inflict deals damage faster and maybe some other useful mods.

Finally got a decent enough one with 20% faster ignite and 20% burning damage, but it also has "gain 5% of physical dmg as extra fire damage".

Will that gain phys as fire damage mess up my EE or does the Dyadian belt negate it?

Thanks in advance

Gain 5% of physical dmg as extra fire damage will stuff up your EE.
"
brunowa wrote:
"
Ridman wrote:

Thanks in advance

Gain 5% of physical dmg as extra fire damage will stuff up your EE.

Big F then. Thanks
Hey, cool Guide! Really loving it so far. What are your thoughts about the next upgrades I should do to boost my damage?
Hello,

Have a question.
Is there a possibility to get ilvl 85 Blizzard crown for -9% fire resi?
If not, which is the best base now?

For me there are 2 options:

Nice dex or str base with:

1. Warlord/Elder influence for - fire resi and inc. burning damage

2. Eldritch double implict for inc. flammability effect and fire pen.

What u guess, there is a better option i dont see?

Thanks.

I located Spiritual Aid and hopping that would help my attack speed.

But the attack speed didnt progress.

Can someone help me out?

Edith find the answer: i need spiritual command instead of spiritual aid :D
Last edited by PattyWin on Feb 23, 2022, 6:24:05 AM
At the risk of showing the world I got hoodwinked, does having "Adds 42 to 75 Fire Damage" on the 4EX +3 bow I bought mess up the EE in this build? I'm pretty worried it does.
"
zilfran wrote:
At the risk of showing the world I got hoodwinked, does having "Adds 42 to 75 Fire Damage" on the 4EX +3 bow I bought mess up the EE in this build? I'm pretty worried it does.

It mess up with EE. Sorry

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info