3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
brunowa wrote:
"
Hookmcracken wrote:
When we take ancestral bond, does Frenzy still proc Elemental Equilibrium? I think the answer is no and we need to use traps, but I see A LOT of people with both ancestral bond and EE still using Frenzy. Even Ziz's Champ EA guide has it.

Apologies if this has been answered already.

Frenzy doesn't proc EE. Any added cold or lightning damage on gear procs it, and lightning spire trap procs it.

So I have a ring with added lightning damage to attacks. That should still proc EE with Frenzy (for -25% fire/cold resist)? I ran a test on low level with Frenzy and didn't do any lightning damage.
Last edited by Hookmcracken on Feb 18, 2022, 1:22:23 AM
Progress report.

Started this build 4 days late, and transitioned into EA way too early. I'd recommend going much higher than the minimum before you swap over.

Level 94 now, with decent gear. Until recently I was still running serious budget gear, however, I've since 6 linked my Hyrri's, picked up the bow from the market, Unnatural Instinct, etc. All the 'bigger than 1ex' pieces.

When I hit 94, I started doing "hard" content. None of it has actually been hard. Done all 4 new league content bosses, Sirus, a few Maven 10 stacks, the elderslayers, Shaper, Elder, basically everything I had stashed away.

My gems haven't even leveled back up to 20 yet in most cases, and I haven't managed to corrupt an EA gem to 21. I have 6 more nearly at 20/20 to try.

This build is pretty damn awesome, and I'm nowhere near done with gearing or leveling yet.

I went a bit different than the guide - I'm running ailment immunity through flasks and pantheon, which frees up another 50% reservation, which I've tried both Haste and Malevolence in, and settled on the Malevolence. I'm already so fast that I have to backtrack for loot / mini-shrines!

I also run Enduring Cry in an unset ring. This is what I use to replenish my life as it gets used by lifetap. The life flask is for emergency use only.

My gear in case someone is interested:
Spoiler

Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Feb 18, 2022, 1:44:43 AM
"
Hookmcracken wrote:
"
brunowa wrote:
"
Hookmcracken wrote:
When we take ancestral bond, does Frenzy still proc Elemental Equilibrium? I think the answer is no and we need to use traps, but I see A LOT of people with both ancestral bond and EE still using Frenzy. Even Ziz's Champ EA guide has it.

Apologies if this has been answered already.

Frenzy doesn't proc EE. Any added cold or lightning damage on gear procs it, and lightning spire trap procs it.

So I have a ring with added lightning damage to attacks. That should still proc EE with Frenzy (for -25% fire/cold resist)? I ran a test on low level with Frenzy and didn't do any lightning damage.
No, frenzy won't proc it. However, it doesn't matter, as EA will.

The initial arrow hit from your totems will have your added lightning damage on it, which will proc EE for the explosion which comes next.
"
grimjack68 wrote:

The initial arrow hit from your totems will have your added lightning damage on it, which will proc EE for the explosion which comes next.

Also keep in mind that the +Added Lightning Damage from each Arrow gets added together to the final Explosion. (at 50% Base Damage).

Is the bow suitable for this plan or does it have a very low attack speed?
Last edited by YukitoEiri on Feb 18, 2022, 3:12:17 AM
"
YukitoEiri wrote:

Is the bow suitable for this plan or does it have a very low attack speed?

It's an ok-ish bow, it works.

You'd have to remove the DOT Multi and craft Attackspeed, though.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
Progress report.

Started this build 4 days late, and transitioned into EA way too early. I'd recommend going much higher than the minimum before you swap over.

Level 94 now, with decent gear. Until recently I was still running serious budget gear, however, I've since 6 linked my Hyrri's, picked up the bow from the market, Unnatural Instinct, etc. All the 'bigger than 1ex' pieces.

When I hit 94, I started doing "hard" content. None of it has actually been hard. Done all 4 new league content bosses, Sirus, a few Maven 10 stacks, the elderslayers, Shaper, Elder, basically everything I had stashed away.

My gems haven't even leveled back up to 20 yet in most cases, and I haven't managed to corrupt an EA gem to 21. I have 6 more nearly at 20/20 to try.

This build is pretty damn awesome, and I'm nowhere near done with gearing or leveling yet.

I went a bit different than the guide - I'm running ailment immunity through flasks and pantheon, which frees up another 50% reservation, which I've tried both Haste and Malevolence in, and settled on the Malevolence. I'm already so fast that I have to backtrack for loot / mini-shrines!

I also run Enduring Cry in an unset ring. This is what I use to replenish my life as it gets used by lifetap. The life flask is for emergency use only.

Spoiler

Awesome to see you here Grimjack!

Thanks for sharing your approach. Looks excellent.

Enduring Cry is a nice touch. I fell in love with that last league with Toxic Rain. It's just such a nice quality of life. Good to see you can get it into this build too!

Do you need Conqueror's Efficiency? are you using that for the skill duration,, mana cost, or the reservation? (or all?). I don't see the upside there except for perhaps a higher level precision and/or stacking more duration for bosses.
Last edited by brunowa on Feb 18, 2022, 4:24:19 AM
Do totems/traps apply polaric devastation covered in ash? It says You.
"
brunowa wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
Progress report.

Spoiler

Enduring Cry is a nice touch. I fell in love with that last league with Toxic Rain. It's just such a nice quality of life. Good to see you can get it into this build too!

Do you need Conqueror's Efficiency? are you using that for the skill duration,, mana cost, or the reservation? (or all?). I don't see the upside there except for perhaps a higher level precision and/or stacking more duration for bosses.
I need it for the mana reservation. Enduring cry needs 19 mana to cast, with this I have 34 left. I'm over 20 fuses even without it, and the mana cost modifier isn't enough to notice.

After I get another level (or 2...) I'll grab another mana reservation mastery... or I'll buy a corrupt jewel with RMR implicit. Or something. Very definitely a temporary stopgap.

I'm not running precision anymore, I've got enough accuracy to hit 100% without it. I'm likely going to fill that socket with Vaal Haste for a nice attack speed bump on bosses... although most bosses with minions die so fast there's no point.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Feb 18, 2022, 4:35:26 AM
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
brunowa wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
Progress report.

Spoiler

I need it for the mana reservation. Enduring cry needs 19 mana to cast, with this I have 34 left. I'm over 20 fuses even without it, and the mana cost modifier isn't enough to notice.

After I get another level (or 2...) I'll grab another mana reservation mastery... or I'll buy a corrupt jewel with RMR implicit. Or something. Very definitely a temporary stopgap.

I'm not running precision anymore, I've got enough accuracy to hit 100% without it. I'm likely going to fill that socket with Vaal Haste for a nice attack speed bump on bosses... although most bosses with minions die so fast there's no point.

Your DPS is probably big enough that you don't need culling strike.

You could swap out culling strike and put enduring cry there.

This would enable you to get a better ring and also remove the need for conquerors efficiency, giving you another jewel.

That would be greater than culling strike in your setup imo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info