3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

No nerfs!!! Let’s gooooooooo
"
LUXEdeJUNK wrote:
Will definitely NOT get nerf hammer at end of league ;)

hehe, I have officially removed that line now from the build cons :P

Very cool. I expect a tonne of players are going to be league-starting this again.

No nerf to any build makes sense considering they are introducing Uber versions of the Pinnacle Bosses. It will be interesting to see how various builds stack up against them.

I normally don't do the same build twice in consecutive leagues... but with the Uber Pinnacle Bosses arriving I will be here again with you guys :)

Let's go!
Hi, did u update guide with amulet ashes of the stars cuz its all not get nerfed?
So, with the announcement that there will be no nerfs in 3.18, I, like many others I assume, am planning to league start this again. I was able to do 40/40 in 3.17 with this build and it's one of the few non-minion builds that that I enjoy. And while I wouldn't classify it as a glass cannon as it is fairly defensive, I am a bit worried about the new super-duper uber boss content. I just know that there will be challenges tied to it, and the challenges are the main reason I play.

Of course, we haven't seen these bosses yet, but does anyone have any preliminary plans for dealing with it yet? I know some of you out there were using this build to run deathless 30/30 sims and stuff (I have a couple of those PoBs saved heh heh) so I'd love to hear your take on this.

Thanks!
"
MansIayer wrote:
Hi, did u update guide with amulet ashes of the stars cuz its all not get nerfed?

Yep ashes is there as an option.
"
ILjXYZ wrote:
So, with the announcement that there will be no nerfs in 3.18, I, like many others I assume, am planning to league start this again. I was able to do 40/40 in 3.17 with this build and it's one of the few non-minion builds that that I enjoy. And while I wouldn't classify it as a glass cannon as it is fairly defensive, I am a bit worried about the new super-duper uber boss content. I just know that there will be challenges tied to it, and the challenges are the main reason I play.

Of course, we haven't seen these bosses yet, but does anyone have any preliminary plans for dealing with it yet? I know some of you out there were using this build to run deathless 30/30 sims and stuff (I have a couple of those PoBs saved heh heh) so I'd love to hear your take on this.

Thanks!

I believe the new Uber fights will be about the same difficulty as a rare Feared Invitation. So I don't imagine we will have any problems assuming you pushed far enough in 3.17 to achieve that.

You might just have to tweak your defence or DPS depending on your playstyle for them. There's some discussion on tankiness over the past couple pages.

I think the biggest challenge will be learning any new mechanics of the fights, as always with new boss fights.
Hi thanks for the build, this league I played TR Champion, I tried seismic trap and now I'm checking explosive arrow Elementalist for next league, at low level the dps is impressive, I think it will be my next league starter despite explosions hurt my eyes, I have few questions :

1. I've seen people using Champions, what's the difference with the Elementalist dps ?

2. At low level until I can use Explosive Arrow, I will use Fire Ball (burning dmg) & Flame Surge + Spell Totem + Culling Strike, does FB count as a hit for the damage bonus on burning enemies from FS ?

3. Is this build tough enough for Rituals on hard maps with 130% IQ ? (I don't want chain-die)
It s tough enough for 130+ quant feared, though enough for tanking sirus meteor.

Arma brand and cremation is better, did it this league and was so smooth.
I'm trying to decide between this and champ version, I know champ is lots tankier, and I plan on playing basically in group SSF, and I would like build that can do pretty much all content, hopefully even the new uber bosses etc.
I'm in same boat. Torn between elementalist and champion. I know elementalist can achieve much higher DPS (to be fair not sure tho how big the difference is) but with decent gear champ can have also good damage and later on I don't know If I would not prefer to be just more tanky.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info