[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

"
EPICPl0x wrote:
Hey,

Loving the build so far. Just a little bit of a noob question, with the CWDT setup. If we are using vaal molten shell, I'm assuming we manually cast the vaal ability at certain points. We also manually cast Defiance Banner as normal as this isn't triggered by the cwdt (reason why we have the specific levels).

Thanks in advance!

- The normal Molten Shell is triggered by your CWDT.
- The Vaal Molten Shell is actively used when needed (e.g. in dangerous situations)
- The Defiance Banner is primarly used to get the aura buff (I actually never used it actively - I think that's a hardcore thing only). But if you want to use it, use it like Vaal Molten Shell, so in dangerous situations, but remember that you have to activate the aura again when the buff from the active part of the gem has expired
Last edited by fezz8386 on May 23, 2022, 10:57:05 PM
"
loukoumz wrote:
Thanks a lot for your build and website
Really enjoying my league so far because of it.

Awesome to hear that. Where are you right now?
Awesome, thanks for clearing that up.

Just noticed as well, the notes under acquisition and crafting for the quiver appear to be the same as body armour.

"Note: You want to have a free prefix on the item so you can craft ‚Gain #% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield‚ on it by using the Crafting Bench. That being said, be aware of the fact thatyou can remove one random modifier from an item using an Orb of Annulment. So in case you hit a good body armour with 3 good suffixes and 1-2 good prefixes and the last prefix is crap, try your luck and use the Orb; then craft – but be careful: Orbs of Annulment can remove any (!) modifier."

Believe this doesn't apply to quiver and might just be oversight unless we are also meant to craft this on the quiver?

Also once we cap elemental res (currently sitting around 120% in each after act completions), should we instead be getting chaos res or just pick one of the additional nice to have modifiers to replace the ele res?
Last edited by EPICPl0x on May 24, 2022, 6:09:10 AM
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
loukoumz wrote:

Hey, sorry didn't see the reply.

Currently farming T16 comfily, did shaper and uber elder easily.
Still working on the chest and belt, but so far one of the best build I played regarding tankiness and clearspeed.

Thanks
"
EPICPl0x wrote:
Awesome, thanks for clearing that up.

Just noticed as well, the notes under acquisition and crafting for the quiver appear to be the same as body armour.

"Note: You want to have a free prefix on the item so you can craft ‚Gain #% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield‚ on it by using the Crafting Bench. That being said, be aware of the fact thatyou can remove one random modifier from an item using an Orb of Annulment. So in case you hit a good body armour with 3 good suffixes and 1-2 good prefixes and the last prefix is crap, try your luck and use the Orb; then craft – but be careful: Orbs of Annulment can remove any (!) modifier."

Believe this doesn't apply to quiver and might just be oversight unless we are also meant to craft this on the quiver?

Also once we cap elemental res (currently sitting around 120% in each after act completions), should we instead be getting chaos res or just pick one of the additional nice to have modifiers to replace the ele res?

Thanks for the feedback. I've fixed it (was a copy & paste mistake).

In terms of resistances ... if you are capped (75% of all Elemental Resistances after you've finished Act 10) I recommend going for Chaos Resistance. once you've capped Chso Resistance as well, you can go for the other nice-to-have modifiers.

Cheers
Last edited by fezz8386 on May 27, 2022, 4:39:13 PM
"
loukoumz wrote:
"
fezz8386 wrote:
"
loukoumz wrote:

Hey, sorry didn't see the reply.

Currently farming T16 comfily, did shaper and uber elder easily.
Still working on the chest and belt, but so far one of the best build I played regarding tankiness and clearspeed.

Thanks

Great to hear that!
Hey,

Also just a quick question in regards to ghost dance, build recommends removing blood rage once we get this and switching to CWDT build. Cluster jewel skill true shows ghost dance not being skilled though, at what milestone do we remove ghost dance and allocate the points elsewhere?
"
EPICPl0x wrote:
Hey,

Also just a quick question in regards to ghost dance, build recommends removing blood rage once we get this and switching to CWDT build. Cluster jewel skill true shows ghost dance not being skilled though, at what milestone do we remove ghost dance and allocate the points elsewhere?

The cluster jewel skill tree doesn't show Ghost Dance because Ghost Dance is an item- or rather mod-dependent node to pick (you pick it once you have the Max Life as Extra Energy Shield mod on your body armour). Ghost Dance ist a goal, not an intermediate step so once you pick it, you stay with it (as long as you have the chest mod).

Cheers
Last edited by fezz8386 on May 28, 2022, 2:37:15 PM
Just an FYI, the bow crafting guide is a little out of date. With the DoT Multi nerfs on bows, T1 attack speed beats out T1 DoT Multi by far.
Thanks again for the great guide - the web page format is a nice improvement from the Google doc for 3.17. I've followed the guide almost 99% and having a blast in the Sentinal league.

Milestones reached this time include hitting level 90 with not many deaths and beating the Betrayal boss for the first time ever - I used to nope out of that mechanic as the intervention bosses used to destroy me. I'm now moving onto red maps and the first one I ran was pretty smooth.

Hoping the RNG gods will be good to me so I can finish off the crafts to help with the damage scaling for T16 maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info