[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️

Thanks so much for the reply.

1.I'm not sure why it's showing me using OOS, since I was just leveling it in my off hand gear. I have been using Galvanic for additional clear.
2.I felt like my wands were pretty good. I picked up wands directly from your guide. Both wands have flat and % based lightning damage, as well as % based spell damage. They also have cast speed and + to level of spell gems. Do I just need a lot more of those stats on each one? Like god rolls basically?
3. I was stupid with the curses. Thanks a ton for noticing that.
4. I'll try to redo my passive tree. I don't have enough ES to cast entirely from EB yet, which is why I wasn't using it. I can't even cast it because the cost is higher than my total mana+ES. I'll work on that.
5. I think I just need a ton of currency basically. I'm kind of an alch and go shitter so it seems like I really need to up my game and learn to farm a lot better. Thanks for the help!
"
P4Brotagonist wrote:
Thanks so much for the reply.

1.I'm not sure why it's showing me using OOS, since I was just leveling it in my off hand gear. I have been using Galvanic for additional clear.
2.I felt like my wands were pretty good. I picked up wands directly from your guide. Both wands have flat and % based lightning damage, as well as % based spell damage. They also have cast speed and + to level of spell gems. Do I just need a lot more of those stats on each one? Like god rolls basically?
3. I was stupid with the curses. Thanks a ton for noticing that.
4. I'll try to redo my passive tree. I don't have enough ES to cast entirely from EB yet, which is why I wasn't using it. I can't even cast it because the cost is higher than my total mana+ES. I'll work on that.
5. I think I just need a ton of currency basically. I'm kind of an alch and go shitter so it seems like I really need to up my game and learn to farm a lot better. Thanks for the help!

Don't worry about it, I also Alch and Go :D
Just map more. It's not really about expensive or not, it's about focus on what you need.

As for Wands, don't assume +1 gems is the best stat, but rather check in POB to see whether a drop/trade is an upgrade.

By the way, Awakened Hextouch 5 would give you +1 Curse, though I suspect you can't afford that?
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Sep 16, 2022, 7:01:18 PM
I would probably guess not. The gear I got basically killed me. I probably need to learn how to map better for better drops. I have about 20 chaos right now and even doing T9-10 maps I get maybe 1-2 chaos a map. I'll try to snag the gloves that inflict exposure on hit first though.
I looked at Doryani's Prototype, it looks cool, the damage increases from 9m dps to 20m, while the survivability does not drop much. I want to try changing Inpulsa for farming uber bosses. As I understand it, if I do this, I will have to give up three dragons (because I do not deal any other damage than lightning damage), and also give up the freeze mechanic. Are there any other pitfalls?
Sorry for the Noob question...but why do we use Three Dragons?
(i.e. why do we want to change our lightning to freeze, and use Fire damage to shock?)
Also for this mechanics to benefit, what other things should I look out for (e.g. what skill points MUST I allocate or what gear / gem must I use?)
I have a question about exposure. If we have inflicts exposure on gloves, does Hydrosphere add additional exposure or is it useless? Similarly, is it worth running 2 curses with hextouch or is there diminishing returns on negative resistance? I am not having any trouble at clearing or anything, just want to try and juice up even more for single target.
"
Septaran wrote:
I looked at Doryani's Prototype, it looks cool, the damage increases from 9m dps to 20m, while the survivability does not drop much. I want to try changing Inpulsa for farming uber bosses. As I understand it, if I do this, I will have to give up three dragons (because I do not deal any other damage than lightning damage), and also give up the freeze mechanic. Are there any other pitfalls?

It would be better for pinnacle bosses, but you'd have to swap basically all your gear to get to negative 200 lightning res.

I'm too lazy to do it, rather just swap to a defensive chest and an offensive helmet. If that.

"
Waltzbear wrote:
Sorry for the Noob question...but why do we use Three Dragons?
(i.e. why do we want to change our lightning to freeze, and use Fire damage to shock?)
Also for this mechanics to benefit, what other things should I look out for (e.g. what skill points MUST I allocate or what gear / gem must I use?)

Why do we want to Freeze with Lightning? Because that lets you freeze anything in the entire game not immune? I've even done Maven Invitations with 4 Breachlords with 0 damage taken, not to mention nasty rares.

The only actual must is the helmet. But to truly make it work, you need to scale damage per hit and Crit, hence the entire guide.

"
dkowalch wrote:
I have a question about exposure. If we have inflicts exposure on gloves, does Hydrosphere add additional exposure or is it useless? Similarly, is it worth running 2 curses with hextouch or is there diminishing returns on negative resistance? I am not having any trouble at clearing or anything, just want to try and juice up even more for single target.

Hydrosphere adds nothing once you exposure on gloves, hence why I don't have it myself. You can use awakened hextouch for an extra curse, it does add dps quite meaningfully, just expensive.

"
CantripN wrote:
"
Septaran wrote:

It would be better for pinnacle bosses, but you'd have to swap basically all your gear to get to negative 200 lightning res.

I'm too lazy to do it, rather just swap to a defensive chest and an offensive helmet. If that.

It seems to be not so difficult, you can just change the rings. A ring with -120 lightning resistance, +150 life and no other resistance reduction, costs 60-100c. With the right attack mods, the cost can be as high as a few divines or even more, but it's not that expensive for that kind of dps gain. And the lightning resistance on already existing gear can simply be replaced with a harvest.

I mean, the build is amazing and I have a lot of fun playing it, but it lacks the final progression. The freeze mechanic is no longer needed when all the mobs on the maps die with a single hit of the Storm Orb. And for really endgame content, damage is needed, which is limited in the current build to 10-15 million dps
Last edited by Septaran on Sep 18, 2022, 1:36:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info