[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️

Is herald of ice worth using? Since we don't scale cold damage, the explosion damage will be pretty low right?
Last edited by zeroad12x on Feb 7, 2022, 9:36:45 PM
"
mdodge2007 wrote:
Is there a use case for Nadir Mode jewel with CL? Perhaps for clearing in maps to keep you from going into beam too quickly?

Yup, it's pretty great I'm told.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
AlGor3Rythm wrote:

With SoS ascendency, I get all hits shock, putting on the 3 dragons should change the shocks to chill/freeze?
Is there a damage threshold that needs to happen to chill/freeze? I dont have
much (any) real investment into crit right now, but I just assumed that instead of shocking all my hits would at least chill?

Also does still having EE have impact on the shock/chill interactions?

Last Q, I assume elemental focus would cancel out shaper of storms?

No, the way it works is SoS lets all damage shock. This means lightning, fire, cold, phys etc. Then 3 Dragons prohibits lightning, and only lightning, from shocking.

So, anything except lightning will now shock. "Your hits always shock" means no crits are required. Finally, the 15% minimum means the damage that shocks doesn't have to be high to meet the ailment threshold - you'll inflict 15% shock with any non lightning damage.

However you still need to meet the ailment thresholds to freeze. You cannot actually chill - it's separate from freeze, and 3 Dragons doesn't let you chill.

Not sure about EE is that elemental equilibrium?

And yes elemental focus does cancel out shaper of storms for the linked skill.
Last edited by alphazeta33 on Feb 8, 2022, 1:31:43 AM
"
Akris85 wrote:
I'm getting deleted by monsters. Not sure what's going wrong. Damage is also very low, albeit without clusters.

My jewelry is garbage, but working on that. I'm tempted to get a thread of hope to save some points at the top of the tree. I also don't have the same amount of unreserved mana as OP.

Anyone mind looking and tooling me up a bit?

I'd recommend joining the discord, there's a lot of active players there, and you'll get lots of opinions.

To start, you're missing a jewel in your belt, and a craft on your wand :)

Overall, your gear is decent!

As for the tree, you took lots of Life, more than I have, and I feel that costs you your DPS at this stage. Without DPS, you die quickly.

Last edited by CantripN on Feb 8, 2022, 2:39:29 AM
8.2 Update:
Added mana sustain section (Righteous Decree / Inspiration / Dreamer).
Added Archemesis section (If you're using any other amazing mods let me know).
Added Nadir Mode.

Last edited by CantripN on Feb 8, 2022, 3:16:57 AM
Currently levelling with Arc, build looks hellafun!

When should I transition to using CL as my main spell?
"
Beebsman wrote:
Currently levelling with Arc, build looks hellafun!

When should I transition to using CL as my main spell?

Honestly, when and if you choose. I've been going back and forth since I got it. Mapping with Arc atm.

Last edited by CantripN on Feb 8, 2022, 4:12:18 AM
I must admit i'am having fun with this build.
Never did Crackling lance before, but kamehameha here i come!

But how do you sustain the mana....
I'am running around with 3-4 mana pots just to sustain the upkeep.
"
alphazeta33 wrote:

No, the way it works is SoS lets all damage shock. This means lightning, fire, cold, phys etc. Then 3 Dragons prohibits lightning, and only lightning, from shocking.

So, anything except lightning will now shock. "Your hits always shock" means no crits are required. Finally, the 15% minimum means the damage that shocks doesn't have to be high to meet the ailment threshold - you'll inflict 15% shock with any non lightning damage.

However you still need to meet the ailment thresholds to freeze. You cannot actually chill - it's separate from freeze, and 3 Dragons doesn't let you chill.

Not sure about EE is that elemental equilibrium?

And yes elemental focus does cancel out shaper of storms for the linked skill.

Thanks alphazeta, that definitely helps.

My fault, I intended to type EO (ele overload). We would drop EO when our Crit Multiplier results in more damage than the 40% more given by EO, is that right?

If we have flat cold damage elsewhere, is using Herald of Ice still the best choice?

Sorry, I took a year off and apparently purged what little PoE mechanics knowledge I had.
"
Daggerspine wrote:
I must admit i'am having fun with this build.
Never did Crackling lance before, but kamehameha here i come!

But how do you sustain the mana....
I'am running around with 3-4 mana pots just to sustain the upkeep.

Yeah i'm having mana issues too but things prob get better when you get exposure on hit with the first ascendancy that gives 1% regen?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info