Stress-Free PoE w/ RIGHTEOUS INCINERATOR! Relax, SSF League Start-End w/ “Any” Items & 1-Button|3.17

"
Artaniz wrote:
Spoiler
Ahhhhh my bad my bad i didnt see it was an RF build. Ya im familer and probably would just go like molten balls or something for the early acts or even flame wall righteous fire totem like i used to for league start plus just joining random groups to plow the content.

So RF is viable again i thought it had taken some pretty hefty nerfs a couple leagues back and was pretty DoA after they really shit on everything in what was it 3.14 or something.

Thanks for the response though i might still go with this i have played some RF in the past.
No problem! Good luck with 3.17, Artaniz!

RF got buffed a couple of leagues ago where they added innate damage to the skill. So it scales better with damage. And it really improved again last league with the Passive Tree revamp (and Masteries).
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
My first ever RF was yours with 3.16 and oh boy was it fun! Will definitely give this a proper whirl as well! Thank you!
"
"
Artaniz wrote:
Spoiler
Ahhhhh my bad my bad i didnt see it was an RF build. Ya im familer and probably would just go like molten balls or something for the early acts or even flame wall righteous fire totem like i used to for league start plus just joining random groups to plow the content.

So RF is viable again i thought it had taken some pretty hefty nerfs a couple leagues back and was pretty DoA after they really shit on everything in what was it 3.14 or something.

Thanks for the response though i might still go with this i have played some RF in the past.
No problem! Good luck with 3.17, Artaniz!

RF got buffed a couple of leagues ago where they added innate damage to the skill. So it scales better with damage. And it really improved again last league with the Passive Tree revamp (and Masteries).

Ok that makes way more sense , thank you for answering.
"
hjani wrote:
Spoiler
My first ever RF was yours with 3.16 and oh boy was it fun! Will definitely give this a proper whirl as well! Thank you!
Sweet, hjani!

I appreciate the note! I appreciate it. I'm glad it was so fun for you :). I hope this league treats you just as well.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hey Wrecker!

So my first exile ever was with this build in 3.16, and was able to go up to level 89, farming level 13-14 maps pretty easily. I could probably push more but had some gaming-time constraints past few weeks. Was an amazing experience as a PoE starter overall, so thanks a lot for your efforts.

I will once again go with your guide for 3.17, figured starting over now being comfortable with the build would make things easier, and I can roll other characters later if I feel like doing so later on.

Two questions from my end:

- Could you elaborate a bit on the switch from Void Sphere to Frost Bomb, what's the rationale behind this?
- Towards late game, I swapped out clarity for Flame Dash, as I wanted a bit of enhanced mobility for both quicker clears and also better avoidance against some projectiles / mechanics. I didn't realize any immediate downsides of this except with the rare mana-burn mobs which may hinder enduring cry casts (except going from 1 button to 2 buttons :D ). I was wondering if there's anything I'm not seeing, and if Clarity is a core part of the build that I should refrain from swapping out.

Many thanks!
Hey Wrecker! Thanks for putting these up. I've been trying to decide on a starter for days now, but I love the simplicity of your builds and guides and think I'll give RF a try as I've never played it. I also think minions will be awesome for bossing so I'll probably end up rolling both (even though I've played minions loads of times already). Keep up the great work and thanks for everything you do for your followers and the POE community!
"
tmrkymz wrote:
Spoiler
Hey Wrecker!

So my first exile ever was with this build in 3.16, and was able to go up to level 89, farming level 13-14 maps pretty easily. I could probably push more but had some gaming-time constraints past few weeks. Was an amazing experience as a PoE starter overall, so thanks a lot for your efforts.

I will once again go with your guide for 3.17, figured starting over now being comfortable with the build would make things easier, and I can roll other characters later if I feel like doing so later on.

Two questions from my end:

- Could you elaborate a bit on the switch from Void Sphere to Frost Bomb, what's the rationale behind this?
- Towards late game, I swapped out clarity for Flame Dash, as I wanted a bit of enhanced mobility for both quicker clears and also better avoidance against some projectiles / mechanics. I didn't realize any immediate downsides of this except with the rare mana-burn mobs which may hinder enduring cry casts (except going from 1 button to 2 buttons :D ). I was wondering if there's anything I'm not seeing, and if Clarity is a core part of the build that I should refrain from swapping out.

Many thanks!
Nice to see you again, tmrkymz!

I'm glad you have a good time with the build.

There's nothing wrong with Void Sphere. I LOVE it! But I switched to Frost Bomb for the skill's ability to degen enemies' life regen rate. This build's "low point" is damage...not defence. So, though the crowd control helped speed up mapping, I decided to focus on bosses with really high life instead. There's lots of new bosses this league, and if they have any regen, I wanted to make sure we were covered. Make sense?

CLarity is only to guarantee that Immortal Call can always go off. If you find you have the mana regen for that without Clarity, by all means, switch it. But you can always find an Unset accessory to socket in a movement skill if you find you need Clarity.

Good luck with the league start!

Annnnnd

"
KingTen87 wrote:
Spoiler
Hey Wrecker! Thanks for putting these up. I've been trying to decide on a starter for days now, but I love the simplicity of your builds and guides and think I'll give RF a try as I've never played it. I also think minions will be awesome for bossing so I'll probably end up rolling both (even though I've played minions loads of times already). Keep up the great work and thanks for everything you do for your followers and the POE community!
Thanks, KingTen87!

That's really kind of you! It means a lot a goes a long ways. Thank you. I obviously hope you have a great league, no matter the build(s) you play, but thanks so much for taking the time to be so encouraging :).

Annnnnd

Que gang rise up, This looks like it should be a very nice trade league starter. not 100% what im going to level as but probably some version of 4 linked holy flame totem and maybe molten orbs. I know this is a SSF build but i just dont find that version of Poe at all enjoyable trading is a huge part of the game for me. However i find SSF builds tend to make great league starters.

EDIT

did you see the unique shield that they just posted on reddit that adds some phys taken as fire. It does not look like it will be a very expensive unique but might be a nice little grab for survivability.
Last edited by Artaniz on Feb 4, 2022, 1:38:03 PM
"
Artaniz wrote:
did you see the unique shield that they just posted on reddit that adds some phys taken as fire. It does not look like it will be a very expensive unique but might be a nice little grab for survivability.

I'm interested in his answer for this as well, not just good fire conversion but scorch seems like a potent ailment too

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info