KP's 3.17 🩸Blood Tendril King🩸 Exsanguinate Trickster / League Starter✔️Cheap✔️Strong✔️

INTRODUCTION

NOTE: THE POB WAS MADE BEFORE IT WAS UPDATED TO BE COMPATIBLE WITH 3.17 CHANGES, I TRIED COMPENSATING FOR THE CHANGES BUT THE NUMBER WON'T BE 100% ACCURATE

We got the 3.17 Patch Notes early and so, I have made a build concept consisting of a Life Leeching Trickster using Exsanguinate.
Not only did Exsanguinate get an average of 482 more phys.dmg but also gained a remarkable 90% increased Effectiveness of Added Damage at all gem levels compared to previously. Since I dedicate myself to not go for 100% efficiency but instead 110% Increased Fun while playing, take this build lightly.(Still open to constructive criticism) In the end it still manages to reach into the Millions of DPS with every cast but could also be drastically improved with more clusters and human decency. Not only does the damage feel nice but it provides amazing clear, good speed, and incredibly high life leech.. this is...
🩸The Blood Tendril King🩸

OVERVIEW

Pros:

+ Strong Clear
+ VERY CHEAP
+ Endgame Viable
+ PEAK SUSTAINABILITY
+ Decent bossing
+ You get to be 🩸The Blood Tendril King🩸

Cons:

- Leveling Can be Somewhat Annoying
- Even though the leech is great your base life pool... yea you get one shot

SKILL TREE

Trickster

Ascendancy Points:
1. Patient Reaper
2. Prolonged Pain
3. Swift Killer You can also opt out for Heartstopper or Escape Artist for survivability since power charges are useless for us, but frenzies are FUN :D
4. Weave the Arcane

Bandits: 2 Passive Skill Points (Because Eramir Sexy)

Pantheon:
Minor God: Soul of Garukhan (Make sure to get the Maim and Hinder Immunity)
Major God: Soul of the Brine King (Make sure to get Freeze Immunity)

Passive Tree
PoB Link: https://pastebin.com/eNVEd4XR
(This is PoB Community Fork before it was updated to 3.17 compatibility meaning BEFORE THE BUFFS TO EXSANGUINATE AND RUNE DAGGGERS)
Specialized passive trees for each individual act leveling are included in the "manage trees" tab

SKILL TREE EXPLANATION

For the Ascendancy, Trickster offered some nice leech with patient reaper and amazing Damage Over Time with Prolonged Pain. Since I use brutality and controlled destruction in the 6L gem setup it means the build does not do chaos damage and does not use crit so I opted for Weave the arcane instead of Harness the void. Lastly Swift Killer offers fun speed with frenzy charges(which are easy to build, I was too lazy to change it to Escape artist or Heartstopper) even though power charges are practically useless for us. You can opt for the others if you want more survivability. But living is for the weak.

JEWELS
Top Mods:
+#% to Physical Damage over Time Multiplier
#% inc. DoT
#% inc. Global Physical Damage
#% inc. Damage with One Handed Weapons
#% inc. maximum Life
Damaging Ailments deal damage #% faster

Cluster Jewels:
Large Cluster Jewel:
2 Added Passive Skills are Jewel Sockets
Added Small Passive Skills grant: 10% increased Spell Damage
1 Added Passive Skill is Burden Projection
1 Added Passive Skill is Essence Rush
1 Added Passive Skill is Practiced Caster

Medium Cluster Jewel:
1 Added Passive Skill is a Jewel Socket
Added Small Passive Skills grant: 10% increased Damage over Time

IMPORTANT: I didn't shove many clusters into this to keep it cheap, if you want to make this extremely better get yourself better and more clusters playing with spell dmg, dmg over time, or even life if you want that too.

6L Exsanguinate:
Average Hit: 34,961.4
Cast Rate: 1.72
Total DPS: 60,308.5
DoT DPS: 1,193,723.0
Total DPS including DoT: 1,254,031.4 (Life Cost:218)
AND THATS WITHOUT FRENZY OR POWER CHARGES or Poachers mark!! IT GOES UP ANOTHER 375k or so with frenzies and then also has 20% phys dmg reduction off of marked targets, which grant frenzy charges when you kill them.

13 Chains+
1.72CR+
1,254,031.4 total dps
=
2,840,142.1 TOTAL DPS CLEAR
LIKE A TRUE MEME🩸Blood Tendril King🩸

DEFENSE AND MITIGATION
Life:5,588
Armour:1572 (20% phys reduction)
Evasion:7129 (45% Evade Chance)
ES:58
YOU BETTER HAVE MAX RESISTS OR ELSE!!
Block: 15%
Spell Suppression: 46%
Move Speed:93% Increased Move Speed (x1.93)
The main goal is a high life pool with evasion but remember... LIFE LEECH!!!
(Will also be using Immortal Call, Steelskin, Pretrified Blood)

GEAR
Weapons
My main idea before making this build was using Rune Daggers even if it wont be the most efficient. Demon Daggers with
#% Increased Spell Damage
+#% to Damage over Time Multiplier
Adds # to # Physical Damage
+1 to Level of all Spell Skill Gems
+5 Life Gained for each Enemy hit by Attacks
+14 Life gained on Kill
#% Increased Physical Damage With Spells
and possibly also getting Frenzy Charges on Kill or Spell Dmg Corrupts

Body Armour
You're Gonna Want a Farrul's Fur Unique Body Armour or if you are broke then figure it out and get yourself a rare 6L evasion base with DoT, Life, Res', Phys dmg.

Helmet
You're Gonna Want any 4L with Resistances,
Life
Spell Suppression
and hopefully lots of evasion
If possible get a helmet enchant from lab
"Exsanguinate deals 40% increased Damage" or you can settle for extra chain

Gloves
Apothercary's Gloves base will get you some DoT but you are going to want as many resistances and life as possible with maybe added phys dmg.

Boots
Slink boots are an evasion base type that would be nice with a 4L having:
Max Life
Resistances
and very preferably 30-35 % Increased Movement Speed
Enchant: "+8% chance to Suppress Spell Damage if you've taken Spell Damage Recently"

Amulet
Getting yourself an Agat amulet will be very important for getting your
Str/Int. attributes and could be an easy way to get spell dmg, global phys dmg, DoT, cast speed, Life, and if you are very lucky even resistances. (Mainly look for the damage and life with high attributes)

Rings
A Simple pair of Two-Stone Rings with High Life Roles and high Res Roles are good. If ever some leech and accuracy could be nice.

Belt
You could simply go for a leather belt with
strength
Global Phys. Dmg
LOTS OF LIFE (At least 100 would be nice)
(Belts are also a good spot to get your chaos res)
Other than a leather belt, you can opt for a Stygian vise with similar modifiers, it will also let you allocate an eye Jewel hopefully with modifiers listed above earlier.

Flasks
1. Alarmed Divine Life FLask of Interference
2. Analyst's Quicksilver Flask of Bloodletting
3. Abundant Quartz Flask
4. Ample Sulphur Flask
5. Ample Basalt Flask

LINKS AND GEMS

Main DPS Setup/ 6L Exsanguinate

Exsanguinate
Efficacy
---Hopefully Awakened Versions---
Brutality
Controlled Destruction
Chain
Swift Affliction

4L Corrupting Fever
Corrupting Fever
Brutality
Efficacy
Swift Affliction

4L Movement
Flame Dash
Second Wind
Arcane Surge
Faster Casting

3L CWDT Defense
CWDT
Immortal Call
Steelskin

3L CWDT Curses
CWDT
Despair
Vulnerability

Auras+Poachers Mark for Bossing
Malevolence
Petrified Blood
Poachers Mark

Items: If you can Get yourself some of the following Uniques leveling will be so much easier.
Tabula Rasa, Simple Robe
Wanderlust, Wool Shoes
Nomic's Storm, Strapped Boots
Lifesprig, Driftwood Wand
Storm Prison, Carved Wand
Goldrim, Leather Cap

Finally, just remember this build is very viable but still a meme at its core so take it lightly.
Good Luck, I Hope you enjoy my build and become 🩸The Blood Tendril King🩸
THE END

Last edited by KrispyPanini on Feb 5, 2022, 3:20:58 PM
Last bumped on Aug 21, 2022, 2:53:01 AM
Sounds very interesting. What skill will you choose before Level 12 for leveling?
If you want to start scaling your DoT right away you can do Caustic Arrow if you get yourself a bow, if not you can still do either viper strike, cobra lash, or my favorite for early DoT would be Blight. It all depends on your weapons, get a good bow from hillock and can get Caustic arrow its viable. Got a nice wand, use blight. Its all down to preference but these a a variety of DoT gems from early on levels with shadow.
Love me some Caustic Arrow or some Blight. :D When would you switch over to Exsan? In the campaign or earliest in maps?
I would switch over to exsanguinate probably by keeping it leveling in a seperate slot and once it reaches lvl 4-5 and you have gotten into about mid act 3 or I would switch after dominus fight if your single target is lacking.
Good stuff, gonna test it a bit over the week. Your build is my favourite at the moment to start the league with. :)
Thanks ... i´l give it a go 3.17 let´s go....:)
SHADOW_DIMIR
With Archnemesis being a boss league, this might be a nice way to start the league with, especially since i wanted to try out Exsanguinate anyway :)
Any passives you'd take over the cluster? Want to try this build as a league starter so I'm not sure I'll get a good cluster until late game. At that point I'll refund for the cluster but wondering what to go for before that.
In the PoB you will find levelling tree’s for all acts and throughout endgame if that helps you with leveling before you get your cluster. You can find them under the “manage trees” tab at the bottom left of the PoB.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info