KP's 3.17 🩸Blood Tendril King🩸 Exsanguinate Trickster / League Starter✔️Cheap✔️Strong✔️

Exanguinate is a Spell.

Nodes like Flaying or Taste for Blood etc - do not do anything for this build.

Unless I am missing some idea behind them.
"
Sagidu wrote:
Exanguinate is a Spell.

Nodes like Flaying or Taste for Blood etc - do not do anything for this build.

Unless I am missing some idea behind them.

Flaying would affect the ailment from Exanguinate, but taste for blood would be useless I guess
Flaying was mainly for the ailment but again slightly useless, Taste for blood however is still useful since it still at least has the 10% increased Maximum total Life Recovery per second from Leech even if we dont use the other 2 modifiers for attacks.. For the most part the tree just had sooo many free Unallocated skill points so I just allocated that. If you really want to optimise, go for a cluster jewel to increase your DoT or physical dmg.
( I updated the PoB, thank you for the notice. I removed Flaying but kept taste of blood)
Last edited by KrispyPanini on Feb 5, 2022, 1:43:44 AM
UPDATE:
PoB now has a lot more spell suppression and defenses(including move speed)
Also note Flaying was previously removed aswell.

(These changes were not included in the build guides stats)
Per testing both in game and in PoB Flaying does not affect the ailment from Exsang. It is specifically worded as Dagger ATTACKS deal x% increased damage with hits and ailments. If a node specifies Attacks it will only buff the damage on an attack ability.
Hi there, I have a question or two.

(edit - kind of get the leech now):
Firstly, I do not see how the leech operates here. It seems to me that leech is quite important in this build, however, I cannot figure out how is it supposed to work. Life leech does not do anything as exsanguinate is a spell, not an attack. Therefore, spell dmg leech will work, but with 58 ES it is quite irrelevant, isn't it? Am I missing something or is leech at this state of the build ineffective?

Secondly, your calculations are based on exsanguinate's 3rd stack. With duration 1.48 and castspeed 0.48, you have 0.04 sec of all 3 stacks applied at the same time before you got to reapply the first stack. I find that highly unlikely to occur because you would have to be a sitting duck to make most of it. I would consider switching efficacy for cruelty and/or empower to slightly increase duration and dmg. Furthermore, I would consider unleash - it would reduce dmg per stack but would guarantee 3 stacks and time to move around. I would love to see those options considered.
Last edited by ArchangeII on Feb 7, 2022, 1:44:39 PM
First. The medium cluster Jewel skill Circling oblivion gives us increased ailment duration, which is kinda useless since exsanguinate Phys Dot is not an ailment.

Then we can replace that mod with:

Brewed potency - For DoT, more flask charges and recovery.
Student of decay - For more DoT and Chaos res.

"
KrispyPanini wrote:
Flaying was mainly for the ailment but again slightly useless, Taste for blood however is still useful since it still at least has the 10% increased Maximum total Life Recovery per second from Leech even if we dont use the other 2 modifiers for attacks.. For the most part the tree just had sooo many free Unallocated skill points so I just allocated that. If you really want to optimise, go for a cluster jewel to increase your DoT or physical dmg.
( I updated the PoB, thank you for the notice. I removed Flaying but kept taste of blood)

The same goes with "From the shadows". We get 6% mov speed and 40% elusive effect since the other mods it gives are useless aswell.
We can remove those 3 points and get another Medium cluster jewel with flow of life and one of the mods listed above.

In top of that, to get more Skill points (and more DPS hopefully, I didn't do it on PoB) we can use an 8 Skill points Large cluster instead of 12, so we can alocate 2 extra Jewel spots (1 inside the new medium jewel, and the one next to "Resourcefulness"). Those 2 jewel with DoT multi+ are way better than the large cluster 10% increased spell damage (IMO)

"
ArchangeII wrote:

Secondly, your calculations are based on exsanguinate's 3rd stack. With duration 1.48 and castspeed 0.48, you have 0.04 sec of all 3 stacks applied at the same time before you got to reapply the first stack. I find that highly unlikely to occur because you would have to be a sitting duck to make most of it. I would consider switching efficacy for cruelty and/or empower to slightly increase duration and dmg. Furthermore, I would consider unleash - it would reduce dmg per stack but would guarantee 3 stacks and time to move around. I would love to see those options considered.

I agree with replacing efficacy. We can also replace Chain for Unleash (as you said) and keep chain for better clearing.

Other than that, I'm having fun with the build. I'm still on acts so let's see how it works on maps. Thank you very much!!
hows it going with this build for you guys? I am checking out this build for 3.18. and wanted to check for peoples feedback on build.
Hi,

thanks for the guide! Is it HCSSF viable?
How do the changes to Trickster effect the build? I tried this build a little in testing and was thinking of using it as my starter.

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info