[3.17] Forbidden rite str stack Occultist, 8k hp, 4mil dps, my league starter (HC viable)

Would running purity of fire instead of purity of elements not be better if we were already resist capped, and had flasks with immune to freeze/shock ignite?
"

Would running purity of fire instead of purity of elements not be better if we were already resist capped, and had flasks with immune to freeze/shock ignite?

No, go for zelotry with 16%dmg and 6% life regen. Better defensive and offensive option.

My current gear:

LuL I got the second green first try and now i can't play cruelty but at least i wonn't have to color it when i'll 6 link.
I'm in red maps now. Defences are ok, dmg is fine, but i really want to swap, it's time!
Last edited by Snolaz on Feb 5, 2022, 9:51:02 PM
I'll have to keep my eye on this.
have wanted to play a Forbidden rite self cast build.
"
Snolaz wrote:
"

No, go for zelotry with 16%dmg and 6% life regen. Better defensive and offensive option.

My current gear:

LuL I got the second green first try and now i can't play cruelty but at least i wonn't have to color it when i'll 6 link.
I'm in red maps now. Defences are ok, dmg is fine, but i really want to swap, it's time!

Thank you for the informative build! I have had one of my most enjoyable levelling experiences to date following it.

Your gear post shows Creeping Frost still, but your skill tree seems to be setup for FR (e.g. using Cannibalistic Rite, but I don't see anything which is costing you health to cast). Am I missing something, or are you using FR now?
Last edited by lucanz on Feb 6, 2022, 5:59:05 PM
lifetap is on leap slam, and yes, use leap slam as a movement skill.
I dropped flame dash completely.

This is my current gear post swap
For the belt, just spam single fundamental fossils on a catalysted base, super easy to get.
The amulet was 5c
The ring i sniped day 1 for 5c
head piece was 15c day one + essence

The build is super fast with perma leapslam onslaught, but it really needs the leech ring, and really needs Witchfire brew

The only problem of the build, as all self casters non dot, is that the dps is not there when you are dodging. This lowers the actual dps by alot.
I don't know why they deleted unleash, that skill actually made self cast playable, now is bad as an archetype.
I figure out that in this game totems and dot builds are the best ones.
Having said that, i think this build is one of the best self cast options now.

Also i fucked up, rogue exiles slap too much in red maps when you find them near bosses, definitely not recomanded on league start XD They are fun to fight tho!
(also, i've never seen currency from them, that node is a scam)

My current gear:
Last edited by Snolaz on Feb 6, 2022, 6:30:40 PM
https://pastebin.com/hzcj3x6v

There is my pob, as I don't know how to post a pic of my gear.

I am struggling to maintain RF. Can you provide me any tips or what my next few upgrade goals should be? I'm in yellow and do not have the dps or survivability to get into red maps.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
You need to get more life with levels. I'm level 87 and i still don't play it just because i value the regen more.
The pantheon passives helps, arakali or lunaris 3.
The node "shaper" on the tree.
Regen life while moving on boots and life mastery on tree. But mostly, just level up.

To be fair guys i'm not that happy with the playstyle.
I did kill 2 of the new bosses but it was a struggle. It's just the cast and dodge playstyle you need for bossing that doesn't suit attack speed and cast speed builds.
The biggest flaw of this build is that's self cast no unleash, but unleash here is bad because you take so much dmg, and it was nerfed too.

I need to get some upgrades, maybe once i get despair on ring, enduring cry and enduring composure and fragile bloom it will feel better.
Last edited by Snolaz on Feb 7, 2022, 11:04:09 AM
What am I supposed to do with the bandits?
Kill all?
Hello, thanks for sharing the build. I'm trying out forbidden rite for the first time and so far enjoying it (kudos to you for naming your character as fat Kaisa XD, my first thought about forbidden rite was Kaisa's Q). Currently slowly but steadily moving through the leveling the character and atlas progression.

My gear:
Spoiler

Got lucky with the amulet, sniped it for 10c. Was thinking that envy aura could be useful (drop purity of elements, balance out the resistances), it gives a lot of dps.

Currently aiming for solving the problem with resistances and setting up the cluster jewel.
Last edited by natolii4 on Feb 7, 2022, 11:30:53 PM
Glad you are enjoing the build!
On a note, you got the chest color crafting wrong (unless you were aiming for 4links):
2 sockets
2 sockets are blue
3 sockets to 2 sockets untill green or blue
4 sockets to 3 untill green/blue
5 sockets almost guaranteed red socket (unless you hit another off color, whitch is also fine)
5 link the chest with fusing

So, i'm in t16s now, happy with the clear, not so much with bossing. I'm testing a pure flame dash version but i dont like it, i think it was better with leap slam for clear but flame dash is kida mandatory for bossing.
In my original plans i wanted to play both, that's still the best choice in my opinion.

This is my gear now:

I already bricked a belt with harvest reforge, recrafted another one and got this. Super easy to get with a single fundamental fossil on a catalysted base (15/20 attempts per good outcome).
Crafted the despair ring with harvest too. It can became a monster once i find some prefixes manipulation recipies.
The helmet can be improved, i'll go for -9% chaos res + phys as fire.

But the important thing is that rf is still cluncky.
To solve this problem i'll to go for Saffell's Frame as that one was a possibility in the original pob too. It should solve RF issues and improve the forbidden rite damage taken. At this point i'm at 90% phys reduction without flasks anyway.
I can get a 6link + warlord ex. Don't know what base, if i want to have problem with colors or not...

Also i reccomend to get the enduring composure asap.

Also, it's very hard to drop purity of elements even tho i'm overcapped on res (ailment immunity is so valuable). I think it's better to keep it untill all the good mods on items are secured. A long way still.

At the moment i'm super broke on currency, i'll take a while before getting another upgrade.

Get a 9 passive cluster jewel, it's only 1c (40c for the 8 one), if you are broke.

I'm also thinking about taste of hate to mitigate phys even further.
Swapping to saffaell means no attack block, but i don't have problems now from phys dmg, just spells.

MY ATLAS NOW:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-atlas-skill-tree/AAAABgAAWwSYBpMKQAtxDrMU2htOHlsfOB_EImsk6SjQKOkrhiu6K9ouizIkM0k0iD5fPsFAbUB-QYxCd0MjR89JvE2rVYdXJFjBWjRb2V3HYCFiKWK4Y7VmtWzMbNRuKnEreZ57p3zFfRN9HYUnhcSJkY0pkX2XRZk4mWyl2Kj0rgKyZrURtui2-LoXwv_FVsabyH7Jocsrz7fQotSH1LnZrd8j30vil-Kn5Y_o5u1Z8-P1TPWo90_85v3RAAA=

In a moment i'll start farming beasts, then ritual, then searing exarch, then seance. Note that this order might change.
Last edited by Snolaz on Feb 8, 2022, 10:46:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info