[3.17] Forbidden rite str stack Occultist, 8k hp, 4mil dps, my league starter (HC viable)

Hi, I'm Snolaz

Here's the UPDATED POB (03/02/2022):
https://pastebin.com/2ATyg4tg

MY EARLY GAME ATLAS PASSIVE TREE POINTS, AN IDEA:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-atlas-skill-tree/AAAABgAANgMUGYIddB_EJuco6SqELH oyJDSIPl9BX0m8T11ZFFp9Xbdf62AhYn9mtW cuaLZs1HEre6eAeIRuhSeFxI0pjoiQ45F9kkyX RaF4o4mkrKj9rgK6F7sJ0vTUh-Kn5Y_nKOja767x3vV390_4zgAA

MY MID GAME ATLAS PASSIVE TREE POINTS, AN IDEA:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-atlas-skill-tree/AAAABgAAXQMUBJgE1gaTCBsKQA6zFHcU2hmCH lsgKyJrKOkrhiu6LHoyJDNJNIg2XT7BQG1BjEIMT1 1SO1ckWRRaNFp9XbdgIWJ_YrhmtWcuaLZpm2zUbgZwU HErdPp5w3r9ewp7p3zFfR2AeIRuhcSJkY6IkOORMpF9k kydsaF4oxmjiaSspdio_bH7tRG2-LhKuwm_ssezyyvS9NSH1i3WW9mt3yPfXuJx4qflj-co6Czo2u1Z767x3vWo90_4zgAA

MY LATE GAME ATLAS PASSIVE TREE, AN IDEA:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-atlas-skill-tree/AAAABgAAgASYBNYGkwpAC3EOsxR3FNoVYRmC HlsgKyJrKOkrhiu6LHowDjFrMiQzSTSINKQ2XT7BQ G1BjEIMRaNHz0nUTm9PXVI7VyRZFFk8WjRafVzcXR Ndt2AhYn9iuGa1Zy5otmmbadxszGzUbgZwUHErdPp5 nnnDev17CnzFfR2AeIRuhH2FxImRiyyOg46Ij9SQ45 EykU2RfZGMkgSSTJ2xoXih4qMZo4mkrKVcpdingqj0qP2x-7SGtRG2-LcruEq7Cb-ywYbDqsVWx7PLK9Ne1IfU49Yt1lvZrdxN317iceKn43 zkjOWP5yjoLOnT7EztWe5c767zBPWo90_4zvkO-rIAAA==

I play softcore because of connection and pc issues, but i play as if i was in HC. If you like that playstyle you'll like my build.
Alredy tested it SHORTLY in standard and it works (look my profile build)

I'm planning on starting cold dot, then swap to Forbiden rite str stack after getting the 5link chest.

The build is cheap based on mandatory items:

2c per Doon Cuebiyari (good cast speed roll)
1ex-ish 5link iron fortress
4c max roll aberon warpath
1C Replica fragile bloom

And that sums it up, in the pob link there's also a cheaper version

MECHANICS

Forbidden rite scales of max hp so str stack is a good idea.
No crit but life regen so we can sustain RF for the 39% more spell dmg bonus
50% attack block
90% phys dmg reduction
78% max res

We negate forbidden rite cost by having insane regen and life leech, no need for life gain on spell hit bullshit

8k Hp, 340 000 effective hp pool
IMMUNE to elemental ailments

Easy gearing with purity of elements for resistances and determination

No glorious vanity because we need that intelligence and we already get max ele res on tree, so it loses value.

Casting Forbidden rite counts as "hit" so it procs replica fragile bloom and enduring composure all the time (in theory)

GEAR PROGRESSION
Follow the levelling tree. Equip Doon Cuebiyari as soon as you can. Stay on 3 sets of 4 links (COLD DOT) untill you can afford 5link iron fortress (THEN SWAP TO FORBIDEN RITE).

WHY? HERE'S THE ANSWER:
Spoiler

The thing is, let's say you pay 30c for a 6l base day1, then you have to craft it, it's 5c per life essence. Then you are left with a low armor base (if you chose a good armor base you won't be able to color it) with shitty mods, an 6l dmg and you pay around 40c at least.

If you go for iron fortress you pay 60c for the base, maybe even less after the changes, bench color should't be too costly, and like 20/30c in fusings for the 5link (or free roll on harvest)
You get an endgame chest, same dmg as your 6l, with 30%block, and good base armor and 90str.
With just 20/30c more you get a chest that will have 6l dmg while providing you with like 20%phys dmg reduction AND 30% attack block, that's like another 30% phys reduction.

Also, having 6l is a problem because you take so much more dmg if you go cast speed and with life tap modifiers. With shit gear you can't sustain ForbRite costs.

Delay the swap to forbidden rite.
Stay on 5l rime gaze creeping frost untill you can afford it.

Off Color it with delve mods, shouldn't be hard to get 4 off color.
USE "NUMBER OF SOCKETS 2/3/4 TO GET RIGHT COLORS"
Finish the rest of the build.
ONLY THEN
Buy another iron fortress, 4 off color it, then 6 socket it, then use vorici 4 to get 1 to 6 white sockets hoping to hit 1 of the 2 red ones with a white one. Then 6 link it.

Alternatively just 5 off color it with delve mods, then 6 link it.

In alternative, buy a 6link Hauberk then Warlord ex it hit double str and life with fossils and call it a day. Should be cheaper also, but at that point go for Saffael because 15% attack block chance is not worth investing in.

You will have to fill resists on gear. You will notice that most items lack resists that's because it's useless for me to say that you need lightning res on helmet when you can get that on other items instead.
I just left open suffixes to make count of that +150% all res on replica fragile bloom.

Also you need capped chaos res. That's why early on Death Rush is good.

There is alot of crafting, the build should be a fun journey.

Let me know in the comments if you will try this build or if you have any ideas to make it better or if you need clarification.
Last edited by Snolaz on Feb 4, 2022, 10:43:09 AM
Last bumped on Mar 1, 2022, 9:03:14 AM
Thanks for sharing! With the damage buff for FR, this actually looks decent. The only problem I am having is It might be hard to get that attribute belt due to the atlas changes, how much will this affect the leaguestarting performance of this build?

And I can't find a curse source other than mark skills, will there be one in future progression in order to proc profane bloom?
Last edited by UkoCyanide on Jan 28, 2022, 1:04:00 PM
I've always been a fan of FR but I'm a noob on PoE, do you think you could update the guide and make it a bit more newbie-friendly, maybe with some photos etc for the gear and the leveling part using cold dot?
"
UkoCyanide wrote:
Thanks for sharing! With the damage buff for FR, this actually looks decent. The only problem I am having is It might be hard to get that attribute belt due to the atlas changes, how much will this affect the leaguestarting performance of this build?

And I can't find a curse source other than mark skills, will there be one in future progression in order to proc profane bloom?

I think the curse source is the curse on hit ring, or the witchfire brew flask in the cheaper items list.
"
UkoCyanide wrote:

That belt is kinda of endgameish belt, not necessary. Just slap in whatever heavy belt has high str and res and you are fine for league start.
Fundamental is actually the fossil you need to craft it XD (alongside pristine)

For leaguestart you have AOE despair on the flask, Then you will get despair from the ring. The second curse is self cast mark (buffed)
Last edited by Snolaz on Jan 30, 2022, 12:47:41 PM
"
Simple2012 wrote:
I've always been a fan of FR but I'm a noob on PoE, do you think you could update the guide and make it a bit more newbie-friendly, maybe with some photos etc for the gear and the leveling part using cold dot?

In the pob you can find the levelling tree, and the levelling gems you need for cold dot.

UPDATED POB FOR BETTER LEVELLING GUIDE

Keep the forbidden rite gems and other gems you'll eventually need in the second weapon slots so that you can still level them. This is very important.

Swapping builds day one like this is in fact an advanced way of leaguestarting and requires some game knowledge.

For this specific build, Doon cuebyari will still carry you in low tier maps even when using cold dot, so use that.

Anyway, if you have specific questions is easier to reply then giving a random guide on things nobady cares about. I wanted the guide to be short also for that reason.

EDIT:
POB UPDATED
Last edited by Snolaz on Jan 31, 2022, 11:09:04 AM
I am testing the league start potential of this build, most aspect after the transition is promising, but I can't find a reliable source of withered as we can't stack withered to 15 with only withering step and withering presence. Which brings the damage down a lot. Am I missing anything? or should I consider a wither totem set up for boss fight?
Last edited by UkoCyanide on Jan 31, 2022, 1:19:04 PM
Hey! This build looks rly promising - i love life stacking - imo best def layer.

But 2 things. What about bossing? I heard that forbidden rite is one of bests for that. And second is question to you. Can you make short video of map clear and some boss fight ?
is there a reason u removed the POBs?
Edit: U didnt, i just couldnt find them.

Alberons warpath is no use. Same for the replica, since u dont do attacks. I dont see any use of the Strength stacking here but more life. I see that it is good for FR, but if u are doing STr stacking as an Occ u simply should go alberons warpath, Cyclone, Replica Frostbreath and beat the shit out of everything while simply being close to immortal.
Last edited by Void_xy on Jan 31, 2022, 2:44:24 PM
consider me stupid, why choose iron fortress? just for the str/block?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info