[3.19 Updated] Beginner-friendly Spectral helix champion.

"
CircAGG wrote:
This looks awesome! I am about to start this build.

Quick question, any reason you are going Immortal Ambition with a glorious vanity rather than Forbidden Flesh/Flame with Endless Hunger?

It's about 140c total for those 2, so a bit more expensive. But wondering if possible/better?

I'd say there are MANY ways to improve the build which I didn't include in my guide. Taking endless hunger is a great way to take overleech. It's very possible to get 2 sockets on the tree so yes, it will be better than glorious vanity.
"
Avgustine wrote:
"
CircAGG wrote:

Quick question, any reason you are going Immortal Ambition with a glorious vanity rather than Forbidden Flesh/Flame with Endless Hunger?

It's about 140c total for those 2, so a bit more expensive. But wondering if possible/better?

I'd say there are MANY ways to improve the build which I didn't include in my guide. Taking endless hunger is a great way to take overleech. It's very possible to get 2 sockets on the tree so yes, it will be better than glorious vanity.

Thanks for letting me know! Do you have any pointers on what else you could upgrade? I have about 1.2k chaos to work with right now, and I'm wanting this to be my build to get me all the way through endgame!
"
CircAGG wrote:
"
Avgustine wrote:
"
CircAGG wrote:

Thanks for letting me know! Do you have any pointers on what else you could upgrade? I have about 1.2k chaos to work with right now, and I'm wanting this to be my build to get me all the way through endgame!

Your gear looks fine, if I were to upgrade it, I'd start with changing tabula, getting suppression on the gear, better axe. I would also like to mention that this build has a very low dps ceiling and it probably won't do all the endgame possible. If I were you, I'd use this character to level and then respec to some duelist build later. If you like helix a lot, I'd look into elemental version with claws, but I haven't played it myself.
not update... mana reservation negative !! FK
is it update with all actual changes?
"
mr.EarlGrey wrote:
is it update with all actual changes?

Yes, it is
Love the build. Used it twice so far last and current league.

Just curious: Is it possible to run this with dual wield or 1 hand and shield? How much different would the tree and setups have to be?
Hey dude, thanks for the positivity.
You can definitely run 1hand + shield and it's gonna be 2-3x dps, to do that go paradoxica + shield. The setup would change a lot, so look up poe.ninja for how people do that, I don't have any more tips, unfortunately.
"
Avgustine wrote:
Hey dude, thanks for the positivity.
You can definitely run 1hand + shield and it's gonna be 2-3x dps, to do that go paradoxica + shield. The setup would change a lot, so look up poe.ninja for how people do that, I don't have any more tips, unfortunately.

Got it. Thanks! I am definitely liking this build enough to do two or three versions this league. I have always enjoyed doing Dual Wield with Swords with Whirling Blade as a movement skill. I'll be sure to post whatever i concoct once i get comfortable with your build first this league. Right now I'm still scrambling to get links and uniques.

Last questions: What does your rotation usually look like as you clear? Are you dropping banners or keeping the aura up?

Appreciate you! <3
Last edited by cammtc on Aug 25, 2022, 6:53:55 AM
I think dropping banners is better, but I've never done it myself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info