Siege of the Atlas - Challenge League Name Reveal

"
squeegoo wrote:
Very nice! now get Alissa White-Gluz to voice the full trailer :)

I see you too are a man of culture
Pog Cant wait for the League Supporter Packs and Core Packs do not match its price.
I can see from the end of the video that the star of Archnemsis is rather... horny.

...Well, someone had to go for the obvious riff. Makes the Demon King helmet look like a bald cap.

Seeing the multi-hand central totem/figure/whatever, makes me wonder if one of the MTX challenge rewards is going to be an in-case-you-missed-it remakes of the Atlas Core wings. Given the Bane Lich colors they're using for those icons (for lack of a better term), I could see one of the challenge rewards being a charcoal/mustard version of the Atlas Core wings/back attachment.

Just guesswork, like most of the posts in this thread.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
"
yarakuro wrote:
Archnemesis is not just the name of a previous league + arch it is also a common word. And if they did this every single league I would understand the complaint, but for the first time?

"
PDice30 wrote:
The whole point of the league name is that it's a callback to Nemesis, and an Archnemesis is a real, defined thing.

Hopefully this comment was satire and I missed it because... yikes.

That's the bar? "But, it's a real word!" Really?

Like I said I'm sure the gameplay will be fine, in my 8+ years they've never really completely screwed the pooch on that.

And I don't demand absolute originality. I'm all about updates remakes and reboots.

But the game is in dire need of lore expansion. When they promised more acts, I was really disappointed they just copy and pasted the old acts. I still am. I think maps should just start at the end of the first oriath square. And there should only be one lab. With the first 4 class points from each class being moved to the tree.

Anyway, if the name is a reflection of the level of non-effort on the lore side, I would have rather they simply owned it and dispensed with a claim of additional lore at all. Just call it Nemesis again and continue refining the game as they see fit.

Like an actual update/remake/reboot. And in future they can just do it again and again and obviously we'd be fine with it. Happy even.

How many of us actually RP as exiles to any degree? Does anyone talk to the npcs and get engaged? How much does the lore even really matter? Seems to me the name and atmosphere is 90% of it for practical purposes.

That's why I don't like this name choice. it's like the worst of all possible worlds for what a name means in this context.

/shrugs
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
So much excessive hype, always results in disappointment. Why isn’t scourge going core?
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
So much excessive hype, always results in disappointment. Why isn’t scourge going core?

Cause it was absolute garbage?!
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.
"
Natilo wrote:
That looks SICK! <3
what exactly looks sick?
cause we don't see shit basically lmao
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
And the righteous return to ash...
And the righteous return to ash.. yes they were!
Oh. Exile
"
"

Cause it was absolute garbage?!

Except it wasn't.
People love the currency but ignore the fact it came from Scourge.
Krangling did far more than just add a orange mod, and potentially added a new affix above Implicit. It allowed post Corruption modification.

Atzoatl is far more crap than Scourge. Atzoatl destroys 75% of all gear you put into it and gives shit mods 60% of the 25% that succeed.
like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info