Changes to Map Conversion Functionality

"
Archwizard wrote:
"
JoeShmo wrote:
2 months to basically automate something that could have been done manually by players if allowed to. Seriously.

Don't know why it was so hard to have a remove-only map tab that let you take out maps to place into the existing map tab, ... or you know ... just let players use the maps they do have even if they aren't on the atlas; it's not as if the maps themselves have been removed from the code, and it doesn't affect league servers in the slightest if standard users are still running a map that isn't on the drop pool anymore. If you can have legacy gear, you can have legacy maps. The heck this took 2 months because someone had an existential breakdown with letting players just enjoy what they had earned.

Make map tabs have more space, like scrolling? Oooooh no! Better to wait until something catastrophically breaks and then penalize players for months with a inane "Fix". Gotta uphold the bank account at all costs ( like saying how terrible loot boxes are for players health, but still refusing to remove them because "Shareholders, right?". Uh huh.

Well, at least it's been addressed now.

You're right, you don't know.

Would be nice if everyone bitching and whining could realize that.

And I wish the apologists would ……

The change to the atlas shouldn’t have been done without a process to do this at the same time. I manually did all my maps and, honestly, am rather pissed that I ended up with about 500 Fields and 500 Alleways instead of an equal distribution to the current maps. But we all know GGG doesn’t really care about standard players. And I bought two quad tabs to do this (which are still full of maps) - can I get a refund?
How about fix the instance crashing/infinite loading screen tons of people have been having since start of scourge league... It's infuriating...
Thank you so much, best change! BIG.
Here is another bug/problem that is also 4+ year old:
Alva'a bug that makes you enable to leave incursion in other player's map if your temple is ready
"
JoeUtopia wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
JoeShmo wrote:
2 months to basically automate something that could have been done manually by players if allowed to. Seriously.

Don't know why it was so hard to have a remove-only map tab that let you take out maps to place into the existing map tab, ... or you know ... just let players use the maps they do have even if they aren't on the atlas; it's not as if the maps themselves have been removed from the code, and it doesn't affect league servers in the slightest if standard users are still running a map that isn't on the drop pool anymore. If you can have legacy gear, you can have legacy maps. The heck this took 2 months because someone had an existential breakdown with letting players just enjoy what they had earned.

Make map tabs have more space, like scrolling? Oooooh no! Better to wait until something catastrophically breaks and then penalize players for months with a inane "Fix". Gotta uphold the bank account at all costs ( like saying how terrible loot boxes are for players health, but still refusing to remove them because "Shareholders, right?". Uh huh.

Well, at least it's been addressed now.

You're right, you don't know.

Would be nice if everyone bitching and whining could realize that.

And I wish the apologists would ……

The change to the atlas shouldn’t have been done without a process to do this at the same time. I manually did all my maps and, honestly, am rather pissed that I ended up with about 500 Fields and 500 Alleways instead of an equal distribution to the current maps. But we all know GGG doesn’t really care about standard players. And I bought two quad tabs to do this (which are still full of maps) - can I get a refund?

Perspective has nothing to do with defending or apologizing for / on behalf of GGG.

It's a fact that none of us have access to GGG's code so none of us know what is or isn't easy and what decisions have to be made to achieve their goals.

This is true with everything in life.

And it can't hurt to email support about the refund request.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

At no point did I indicate or speculate on the ease or difficulty in making a correction. I pointed out that the Atlas changes should have waited until a fix was available (which apparently wasn’t too difficult based on the fix we now are getting). My thought is that this was an oversight, which is a totally different discussion. However, in your typical fashion you are trying to change the narrative to what best suites your ability to defend - which is odd, because I never attacked GGG. I did question their decision, but that is what the forums are for in many respects.
Very nice TY
"
JoeUtopia wrote:

At no point did I indicate or speculate on the ease or difficulty in making a correction. I pointed out that the Atlas changes should have waited until a fix was available (which apparently wasn’t too difficult based on the fix we now are getting). My thought is that this was an oversight, which is a totally different discussion. However, in your typical fashion you are trying to change the narrative to what best suites your ability to defend - which is odd, because I never attacked GGG. I did question their decision, but that is what the forums are for in many respects.

Once again, I am not defending GGG, and you are assuming you know how easy/difficult something is in their code base.

You have literally no way of knowing that.

End of point.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Archwizard wrote:

Once again, I am not defending GGG, and you are assuming you know how easy/difficult something is in their code base.

End of point.

And neither do you, so while true its just as shitty of a counterargument.

I gave up and just deleted my maps manually. Kinda dissapointed that they didn't just convert the current tab to remove-only and give us a new tab like Bex said.
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
JoeUtopia wrote:

End of point.

And, again, as typical of your posts…you cherry pick and don’t read or comprehend what people are saying.

As to the ease/ difficulty, once the issue was pointed out to GGG they were able to construct a solution within a couple weeks. Why wasn’t that done AHEAD of time - before the release of the new atlas
updates? I don’t know that for sure either, but I can surmise…. But then you would apologize for that too.
Just logged in for first time in over a year. Do I need to buy a new map tab to convert maps? If so, uninstalled again.
If you critique this game and its problems your post will be removed.

In a news thread about sound i asked "Why did it take multiple leagues to fix the sound on console?". Then got put on probation by Kane the sound guy! This is who GGG are!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info