3.16.2 Hotfix

Got to 50 yesterday, got to 60 in a wink it seemed this morning.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
WTF... so everyone that spent all of the hours grinding through the leveling process is just out of luck? How is this fair to do half-way through a race event?
Nice race integrity right there. I spent days leveling to 91 and just hitting 68 took more than a day and now people are hitting it in a couple hours. People can just level fast and spam characters for rewards now. Good for people who just want to hit 50 but how is this fair for anyone who's pushed far in the past two days?
thax , too late but thx
no ironic
I can finally start playing this, thanks.
Loot Filter with Tweaker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3264731
It's hard to know what the right call was. XP was a huge issue. I personally grinded to rank 88th (lvl 65 I think) in SC endless heist within the first 12 hours and it was painful.

So it definitely will feel better to have the ability to level another character faster or for new players.

It definitely doesn't feel good for myself or others who were potentially racing for the demigods items and are already above the level cap that was hotfixed. In our case, this means it is much easier and efficient for players to catch-up now.

So on the one hand, it's a great QoL hotfix for XP gain in the early levels that was much needed. On the other hand - it could be viewed as a change that has the intended or unintended consequence of acting as a "catch-up" mechanic for XP in a race that is about XP.

It is sort of like if you held a marathon 42 kilometer race and there were prizes for the first 50 people to finish. Then as the first several people started crossing the finish line, the race was changed to be a 30 kilometer race but ONLY for racers who were still less than 15 kilometers in.

I'm both glad to see the change because I felt the pain of it pre-hotfix. Though I can very much also relate to feeling a bit frustrated.

Thank you GGG for listening to all the feedback and trying to make it better. Hopefully the frustration for those above 68 already is fleeting and the outcome of the race hasn't been altered.
thank you very much! I'm only level 15, it will help a lot
Should have went the other way and make rogue gear and blueprints drop from level 1. With this xp change you completely invalidate the playtime of hundreds of people over the weekend. It's a race with prizes on the line afterall.

The issue was not the slow leveling (since it's endless grind anyway and I think the overall playtime per level was fine), it was the missing rogue gear and blueprints.
Last edited by Moethelion on Dec 21, 2021, 1:33:38 AM
"
Moethelion wrote:
Should have went the other way and make rogue gear and blueprints drop from level 1. With this xp change you completely invalidate the playtime of hundreds of people over the weekend. It's a race with prizes on the line afterall.

The issue was not the slow leveling (since it's endless grind anyway and I think the overall playtime per level was fine), it was the missing rogue gear and blueprints.

No, the issue was the slow leveling. Friday, Saturday, played, played, played, and kept wondering, why the hell I wasn't level 50. Hit 50, logged out due to burnout. Come Sunday, played, played, played, and kept wondering, how the hell am I not 60 yet. This is ridiculous. Why did I start playing again after hitting 50? Finally hit 60, logged out, and decided no way in hell I'm logging back in to this event.

Then next day I find GGG released a patch to boost XP. Well, I guess that's great for those that want to log back in and play. For me, too freaking late. I'm not logging back in. The time I spent over the weekend burnt me out. I only hit 60 and achieved nothing. The XP curve was way off. For the time I spent playing I should have been level 85+, not 60. And blueprints and trinkets did not start dropping until area level 56 (for me anyway). Ye-haw, found one trinket and 2 blueprints, neither of which I got to run because I was already burnt out with frustration.

The only LOL I got out of the event was the system message that popped when I was level 58: "xyz is the first person to hit level 97". You know the XP is borked when 48 hours after the event start 24/7 streamers have yet to hit 100.
Last edited by Galtrovan on Dec 21, 2021, 9:50:52 AM
Does anyone have numbers how much the XP was increased? Like, is it 20% more or like 100% more XP?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info