[3.16] Chilling Scyther - Cold Reap Occultist - 20-30M sDPS - Moderately expensive (10ex --->50ex)

I'm not feeling too comfortable with the amount of leech, also without occultist pop reap has gaps in its aoe making clear kinda awkward. Defense wise, it's still quite vulnerable to 1-shots by ele dmg/gain phys as ele.

Also, do you have any tips for aiming for the best overlap? Sometimes I hit bosses and they disappear, sometimes they turn around and slap me in the face.
"
vayneteran wrote:
I'm not feeling too comfortable with the amount of leech, also without occultist pop reap has gaps in its aoe making clear kinda awkward. Defense wise, it's still quite vulnerable to 1-shots by ele dmg/gain phys as ele.

Also, do you have any tips for aiming for the best overlap? Sometimes I hit bosses and they disappear, sometimes they turn around and slap me in the face.

Leech: Max leech (without nodes) is limited by 20% of life and 10% of ES if I'm not mistaken. With 4k life + 1.7k ES, I have 800 life leech and 169 ES which is pretty comfortable while mapping. Make sure you have both Doryani's lesson and Essence Rush clusters.

Explody: Herald of Ice paired with Blast-freeze (freezes spread in radius of 12) has really really god AoE clear. I usually shatter 1.5-2 screens at a time. If you don't have enough mana, switch between HoI and HoP for mapping and bossing respectively.

Defense: Extra-phys as Ele maps are always kinda tricky and yes, this build sometimes does die to one-shots. I'd suggest trying to get at least 4k life and 1.5k ES to feel comfortable.

Tips for overlap: AoE is your best friend for more overlaps. Woke AoE helps get Reap radius pretty high. Try dropping conc effect for woke AoE and see if the damage feels comfortable. Weapon enchant for AoE per quality is an easy improvement. Also, casting Reaps around bosses takes some practice for sure. Ideal spot is at ~75% distance between you and boss.

Hope that helps you fix some issues. I'm happy to answer more questions! I will try to record a video of clear and also placing Reap on bosses.
Last edited by Cowboy2757 on Dec 10, 2021, 2:05:21 PM
"
Cowboy2757 wrote:
"
vayneteran wrote:

Leech: Max leech (without nodes) is limited by 20% of life and 10% of ES if I'm not mistaken. With 4k life + 1.7k ES, I have 800 life leech and 169 ES which is pretty comfortable while mapping. Make sure you have both Doryani's lesson and Essence Rush clusters.

Explody: Herald of Ice paired with Blast-freeze (freezes spread in radius of 12) has really really god AoE clear. I usually shatter 1.5-2 screens at a time. If you don't have enough mana, switch between HoI and HoP for mapping and bossing respectively.

Defense: Extra-phys as Ele maps are always kinda tricky and yes, this build sometimes does die to one-shots. I'd suggest trying to get at least 4k life and 1.5k ES to feel comfortable.

Tips for overlap: AoE is your best friend for more overlaps. Woke AoE helps get Reap radius pretty high. Try dropping conc effect for woke AoE and see if the damage feels comfortable. Weapon enchant for AoE per quality is an easy improvement. Also, casting Reaps around bosses takes some practice for sure. Ideal spot is at ~75% distance between you and boss.

Hope that helps you fix some issues. I'm happy to answer more questions! I will try to record a video of clear and also placing Reap on bosses.

https://pastebin.com/2G5bDF15

This is my current PoB. I made a few changes, namely ditching granite flask for diamond flask to cap crit, replaced 1 crit medium cluster for caster wheel with +1 seal, tweak the pathing a bit for +1 jewel socket and Inspired Learning. Got enough res to run x2 dual crit multi jewels.

Totally forgot about AoE enchant on wands, I did that and clear felt a lot less awkward, there're still some stragglers but not too frequently. For bossing, I'm practicing aiming like you said and can get 4 overlaps consistently now.

Is frenzy on hit chest absolutely necessary? Could it be replaced with +1 curse/spell crit/explody chest?
"
vayneteran wrote:
"
Cowboy2757 wrote:
"
vayneteran wrote:

https://pastebin.com/2G5bDF15

This is my current PoB. I made a few changes, namely ditching granite flask for diamond flask to cap crit, replaced 1 crit medium cluster for caster wheel with +1 seal, tweak the pathing a bit for +1 jewel socket and Inspired Learning. Got enough res to run x2 dual crit multi jewels.

Totally forgot about AoE enchant on wands, I did that and clear felt a lot less awkward, there're still some stragglers but not too frequently. For bossing, I'm practicing aiming like you said and can get 4 overlaps consistently now.

Is frenzy on hit chest absolutely necessary? Could it be replaced with +1 curse/spell crit/explody chest?

1. Chest = Frenzy on hit is mandatory to generate the 10 frenzy charges that we get from Badge. One easy (yet expensive) upgrade is elevated spell crit (+1.6-2% instead of +1-1.5%) along with frenzy and additional curse. That is base crit so it should make capping crit way easier without diamond flask.
2. Unleash = +1 Unleash stacks is nice. However, 5 points on the tree seems like a waste. Note that Awakened Unleash Support gives you +1 to maximum unleash stacks at level 5. I would suggest buying some facetor's lens if you can and getting Woke Unleash to level 5. You can also buy Tora XP bench. That will give you 5 more points for a medium cluster/megalomaniac.
3. Wand quality = Farm/buy 28% quality hillock bench to get Void Batteries to 28% quality. That's 4% AOE. 30% is useless, 28% is cheaper
4. Helemt = You can Woke orb "Nearby enemies have -9%/-12% cold resistance" Redeemer mod on your +1 Max power charge helmet. +1 Blood Charge Enchant is necessary so make sure to Woke orb in the correct order.
5. Gems = Quality your Elemental Weakness gem for additional -5 resistance. Get Hatred and Frostbite gems to level 21 (small upgrades but easy).
6. Boot enchant = Damage penetartes 10% elemental resistance if you havent killed recently is a lot of DPS too.

Hope this helps! I'm glad you're having fun with the build.
Last edited by Cowboy2757 on Dec 11, 2021, 10:09:25 PM
Fun build i'm done

Here is my version/profile:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/punison/SCC_puNi?i=0&search=class%3DOccultist%26skill%3DReap%2CAnomalous-Reap%26sort%3Dlevel%26sort-asc

Was really cool to play and very unique, I am the only one over lvl 98 haha
Last edited by punison on Dec 21, 2021, 6:51:19 AM
"
punison wrote:
Fun build i'm done

Here is my version/profile:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/punison/SCC_puNi?i=0&search=class%3DOccultist%26skill%3DReap%2CAnomalous-Reap%26sort%3Dlevel%26sort-asc

Was really cool to play and very unique, I am the only one over lvl 98 haha

I'm glad you enjoyed the build! Congrats on getting it to level 100 :D
Last edited by Cowboy2757 on Dec 21, 2021, 8:15:15 PM
Ty mate
is this viable for 3.17? not stater but as a second build maybe?
"
bdsrox wrote:
is this viable for 3.17? not stater but as a second build maybe?

Yes, very viable as a second build. Reap got 40% more base damage and unleash got 20%ish less damage. Overall it should be more damage than before.
Assassin's Mark on hit rings don't exist either.
I'll update the build with 3.17 tree, gear, etc. after we learn more about the new league and Eldritch implicits.
Last edited by Cowboy2757 on Feb 4, 2022, 12:39:13 PM
Im really interested in vid to see how is the playstyle

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info