[3.18] 💀 Critical Agony Scourge Arrow Assasin💀 | Deceivingly Tanky | Huge Poison DPS

"
schnster wrote:
I'm currently lv 85 with this build. I use the version with farruls fur.
The single target is OK, since ballista really help with DPS dips.
But the clear is somewhat lacking, there are always some mobs that didn't die and ends up killing me instead. Especially in Scourge, since I can't kill em fast enough.

Hello, it could be a number of different things:
- Playstyle. Are you shooting SA rapidly into new mobs packs or charging properly to take full advantage of that 300% inc. poison & more crit. chance for enemies at full life?

- Gears & passive nodes. Since you're level 85, I don't know what you're not allocating yet on your build, or what gears you already have / don't have. Do you apply Despair & wither with your gears & jewels? The build has mechanics to front-load those DPS, so make sure you're taking advantage of that.

- Maps layout. You could either be totally missing those shots on the outer mobs of the packs (you should be aiming towards the 'centre' of those mobs everytime) or have your arrows simply blocked by narrow & tight corridors. The build has no workaround on this except laying down your sporepods along those corridors, so you need to pay more attention in these maps. Take note no thorn pods would spawn if your arrow hits the wall immediately after traveling, which may cause your clear to be lacking. It's also why having additional arrow helps alot (thorn pod spawns closer to your character depending on mouse cursor, so less space needed to spawn them before aiming at the wall).

It's hard to give actual feedback without seeing your build & your play footage, so try to go through the above points first. Relatively speaking, Scourge Arrow still has exceptional clear from a general POV, it's just that it takes a little bit of understanding on how to play it.
My Youtube channel guide:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOAAZyUPDtInV9UDiH4BBw
Hey dude,
Amazing job!! Very interesting build. Gonna try it for sure

one question.. why do you set the SA as "4" in POB?

I did some changes to make it tankier (ref. the NON-lux version)

1) changed the helmet for the devouring diadem allowing GRACE + DETERM + MALEVOL + DEFIANCE BANNER... also allow me to drop the mana flask and add a granite flask (eldrich bat from helm). The result is 16k armour with 89% phys reduction + a good life regen every 5sec while mapping

2) changed the anoint for Dazzling Strikes for some more survivability. Result is 80% evade chance (75% before)

3) some small changes in the passive tree to be able to use all the auras

didn't lose too much damage. Make sense?

Take a look: https://pastebin.com/LFefBaLE
Last edited by FeFo32br on Jan 11, 2022, 7:29:25 AM
"
FeFo32br wrote:
Hey dude,
Amazing job!! Very interesting build. Gonna try it for sure

one question.. why do you set the SA as "4" in POB?

I did some changes to make it tankier (ref. the NON-lux version)

1) changed the helmet for the devouring diadem allowing GRACE + DETERM + MALEVOL + DEFIANCE BANNER... also allow me to drop the mana flask and add a granite flask (eldrich bat from helm). The result is 16k armour with 89% phys reduction + a good life regen every 5sec while mapping

2) changed the anoint for Dazzling Strikes for some more survivability. Result is 80% evade chance (75% before)

3) some small changes in the passive tree to be able to use all the auras

didn't lose too much damage. Make sense?

Take a look: https://pastebin.com/LFefBaLE

The count is from the following:
1 Scourge Arrow (main arrow from channeling) = 1
1 Thorn Arrow (arrow from pods, 50% less damage) = 0.5
Max number of Thorn arrows = 6 (5 default + 1 from helm enchant)

Total DPS count = 1 + (0.5*6) = 4

-Do note that you should refer to the full DPS under 'Release', not "Thorn Arrow". If calculating under Thorn arrow, take scourge arrow = 2 & thorn arrow = 1, so full dps count = 8.

Haven't tried Eldritch Battery from Devouring Diadem yet to comment, but take note that if you can't solve your mana cost you should probably use the mana flasks (and you should use it while levelling / leaguestarting since Devouring Diadem is not readily accessible early on). Note that your total mana cost = mana cost * attack rate. Not sure where you're getting the regen every 5s though?

Sorry couldn't go through your POB, abit busy lately with IRL. Eitherway if the changes are not expensive vs the guide, you should probably try both version and see for yourself. Also you should think of scaling towards the Luxury version as well with the changes you made.
My Youtube channel guide:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOAAZyUPDtInV9UDiH4BBw

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info