[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

"
D0G69 wrote:
Anyone doing this for 3.19?

Is this going to be a noob friendly build? Instead of doing EA totems, is there any downside of just continuing with HFT?

Leveling with HFT is just fine. I didn't jump on the EA train last league and ran HFT and had no issues.
"
Zuuule wrote:
"
D0G69 wrote:

Is this going to be a noob friendly build? Instead of doing EA totems, is there any downside of just continuing with HFT?

Leveling with HFT is just fine. I didn't jump on the EA train last league and ran HFT and had no issues.

What level did you change over to SB?

Thanks for the reply!

Edit: The level'n guide drops HFT about Act 4 or 5... being a noob, I don't know what to link / continue with haha.
Last edited by D0G69 on Aug 18, 2022, 11:15:00 PM
I'm also certainly going to start with it. Previously, it's been reasonably noob-friendly.

Unique drop rates are the big concern. But, the other league starters that appeal to me look worse there.

A perk of this build has been 5L/6L Iron Commander bows have been relatively cheap early each league. Hint: you can go a very long time on a single 6L with this build. Unique drop rate changes could flip that on it's head.

It does well enough into white maps with self-found gear. Beyond that, my fingers will definitely be crossed.
"
D0G69 wrote:
"
Zuuule wrote:
"
D0G69 wrote:

What level did you change over to SB?

Thanks for the reply!

Edit: The level'n guide drops HFT about Act 4 or 5... being a noob, I don't know what to link / continue with haha.

The changeover to SB comes when you have enough of the uniques required to get the build to feel nice while mapping. I level pretty slowly so by the time I hit act 10/white maps the intro uniques I needed were pretty cheap.

Just read the section of the guide "Switching to Siege Ballista" to get a good idea of when you should make the switch.

I've said before, this build is an absolute blast and took me further in the game than ever before.
Last edited by Zuuule on Aug 19, 2022, 9:29:59 AM
I haven't started the league yet but briefly skimmed trade. all of the uniques, even the quiver, seem to be easily obtainable. well rolled items like astramendis will be expensive though
what the most important to see in POB for damage, total DPS , Ignite DPS or Total DPS inc ignite ?
Am I being wrong about 3.19 essentially killing the build by removing Hyrri's Demise? According to the POB, build loses 2 Mil. DPS (which is about 1/3) by exchanging Hyrri's Demise with Hyrri's Bite. I can't see any dex-scaling cold damage mods for quivers either, so what exactly is the replacement for those ~210 Base cold damage?
Last edited by Archernar on Aug 21, 2022, 9:09:10 PM
"
Archernar wrote:
Am I being wrong about 3.19 essentially killing the build by removing Hyrri's Demise? According to the POB, build loses 2 Mil. DPS (which is about 1/3) by exchanging Hyrri's Demise with Hyrri's Bite. I can't see any dex-scaling cold damage mods for quivers either, so what exactly is the replacement for those ~210 Base cold damage?

Last edited by ntpphong on Aug 21, 2022, 10:18:38 PM
Is it possible to get skill cost to zero with this build? I was thinking instead of taking Conviction of Power and 2 small ascendancy nodes of taking Divine Guidance and Sanctuary of Thought. Obviously it would be frustrating if skill cost wasn't zero.

I can use the minimum endurance and power charge Grand Spectrum jewels if I want the permanent charges similar to what Conviction of Power gives.
Last edited by el_indio on Aug 22, 2022, 12:58:05 AM
Guys do they removed the Wildwrap/Briskwarp Bodyarmor or is the Tradewebsite just broken?! Or its just nothing on the market because the Explosive Arrow Meta Players need it to0?

What´s the alternativ? :)
Last edited by Cykillah on Aug 22, 2022, 8:56:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info