[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

"
Mentalmike wrote:

It would be nice to increase the mana regen so it does not bottom out due to the insane cast speed we get.

Lots Ppl use Inspiration support
Also -6/7 mana cost craft on rings
Or in case you could free a flask slot, use an Enduring Mana Flask
Last edited by redclaudious on Mar 24, 2022, 4:22:24 AM
"
Mentalmike wrote:
So, finally reached the 2k Dex barrier. The damage on the build is comfortable, managed to do Feared and a Flawless Chyula (however you spell it) breachstone so certain some of the top content was done.

I would like to know where it could be possible to make the build tankier without going below the 2k Dex barrier. If anyone has any ideas these would be much appreciated.

Got extremely lucky with the glove craft, full thing only cost me 4ex with 1ex for the base, 2ex for meta craft. Last ex was, funny enough, needing to div and craft phys to cold.

Belt is WIP but will have to do for a while.

It would be nice to increase the mana regen so it does not bottom out due to the insane cast speed we get.

Any ideas would be welcomed.

How exactly did you craft the gloves? They have have hunter influence but a temple mod. Im guessing gloves had temple mod and you with a hunter orb? I'm not very well versed in crafting.
"
Zuuule wrote:
"
Mentalmike wrote:
So, finally reached the 2k Dex barrier. The damage on the build is comfortable, managed to do Feared and a Flawless Chyula (however you spell it) breachstone so certain some of the top content was done.

I would like to know where it could be possible to make the build tankier without going below the 2k Dex barrier. If anyone has any ideas these would be much appreciated.

Got extremely lucky with the glove craft, full thing only cost me 4ex with 1ex for the base, 2ex for meta craft. Last ex was, funny enough, needing to div and craft phys to cold.

How exactly did you craft the gloves? They have have hunter influence but a temple mod. Im guessing gloves had temple mod and you with a hunter orb? I'm not very well versed in crafting.

So what I did was buy a pair of gloves with the Temple Mod, Dex mod and Life mod. This cost around 1ex. I then Crafted a prefix mod to fill all prefix's and then slammed a hunters orb on it and got lucky - all the hunter mods were evenly weighted so it was not amazingly lucky but it was exactly what was needed.
Quite a simple craft and potentially high risk in the sense it could have been one of the 4 other mods.
I had actually got the hunter's orb as a drop a fair while ago so it did not cost me anything more than the cost of buying the gloves.

I did state I used a meta mod craft but that is not true, I got confused with my belt which I used a meta mod craft to craft my belt.
"
Mentalmike wrote:
"
Zuuule wrote:
"
Mentalmike wrote:

So what I did was buy a pair of gloves with the Temple Mod, Dex mod and Life mod. This cost around 1ex. I then Crafted a prefix mod to fill all prefix's and then slammed a hunters orb on it and got lucky - all the hunter mods were evenly weighted so it was not amazingly lucky but it was exactly what was needed.
Quite a simple craft and potentially high risk in the sense it could have been one of the 4 other mods.
I had actually got the hunter's orb as a drop a fair while ago so it did not cost me anything more than the cost of buying the gloves.

I did state I used a meta mod craft but that is not true, I got confused with my belt which I used a meta mod craft to craft my belt.

Ahh gotcha. I could potentially do the same with the gloves I have as I have an open prefix and suffix on mine. I may give that a go.

EDIT: NM, i've been working the new eldritch implicits on the pair I have so adding hunter influence is a no go.
Last edited by Zuuule on Mar 25, 2022, 10:04:54 AM
So, I suspect I have maxxed this build whilst not maximizing the Rare gear (rings & belts).

Sitting at 2.3k Dex and 4k Life. Damage is through the roof but unfortunately too squishy to do Wave 25-30 of Simulacrums. Able to do all else.

Pure Chyula's breachstones are very profitable - got the fables 120ex Fractured 100% Global Defences Grasping Mail as a drop which fed a new 45ex amulet which has obdured damage and provides equal quantity of dexterity. However intelligence was a major problem and so had to get rid of both Brawn jewels in favour of an Emporer's Mastery (stupidly priced jewel but it is best in slot) and an Emporer's Cunning jewel which is the same as a mastery but does not have the life roll.

Lastly had to swap a Dex/Life Split Personality for a Dex/Int one and that provided enough Intelligence to have a lvl 18 Flame dash which is the highest Int requirement.

Now focusing on recrafting my belts/rings to enable the left ring to have %Dex implicit, in theory this will enable the Dex to reach 2400+. Just need to figure out how to reach 2500 but I suspect this will have to be by levelling the character 3 more levels and putting the passive points in the Dex travelling nodes (bit of a waste but if it grants an extra totem that would be awesome).

Last things to do with the build before it would be absolutely maxxed is to:
add implicit onto all Jewels to provide stun resistance, possible to get stun immunity - not sure yet.
Corrupt boots to have a useful double corrupt
Maybe replace helmet with AOE/Aura gems & mana efficiency double corrupt but POB shows an increase of HATRED does not add any more damage until level 24 which the gem wont achieve.
Purchase Double corrupt Point Blank/Additional Arrow quiver which is 100ex+. Does give a decent damage boost but not worth the cost yet.

After that this build will be pushed as far as possible. Quite impressed but it is a shame it is not a little tankier - element immunity & stun immunity would be perfect.

Any suggestions for changes/improvements etc would be welcomed. Trying to get this build able to do Sim wave 30.
Last edited by Mentalmike on Mar 28, 2022, 5:31:16 AM
"
Mentalmike wrote:
So, I suspect I have maxxed this build whilst not maximizing the Rare gear (rings & belts).

Sitting at 2.3k Dex and 4k Life. Damage is through the roof but unfortunately too squishy to do Wave 25-30 of Simulacrums. Able to do all else.

Pure Chyula's breachstones are very profitable - got the fables 120ex Fractured 100% Global Defences Grasping Mail as a drop which fed a new 45ex amulet which has obdured damage and provides equal quantity of dexterity. However intelligence was a major problem and so had to get rid of both Brawn jewels in favour of an Emporer's Mastery (stupidly priced jewel but it is best in slot) and an Emporer's Cunning jewel which is the same as a mastery but does not have the life roll.

Lastly had to swap a Dex/Life Split Personality for a Dex/Int one and that provided enough Intelligence to have a lvl 18 Flame dash which is the highest Int requirement.

Now focusing on recrafting my belts/rings to enable the left ring to have %Dex implicit, in theory this will enable the Dex to reach 2400+. Just need to figure out how to reach 2500 but I suspect this will have to be by levelling the character 3 more levels and putting the passive points in the Dex travelling nodes (bit of a waste but if it grants an extra totem that would be awesome).

Last things to do with the build before it would be absolutely maxxed is to:
add implicit onto all Jewels to provide stun resistance, possible to get stun immunity - not sure yet.
Corrupt boots to have a useful double corrupt
Maybe replace helmet with AOE/Aura gems & mana efficiency double corrupt but POB shows an increase of HATRED does not add any more damage until level 24 which the gem wont achieve.
Purchase Double corrupt Point Blank/Additional Arrow quiver which is 100ex+. Does give a decent damage boost but not worth the cost yet.

After that this build will be pushed as far as possible. Quite impressed but it is a shame it is not a little tankier - element immunity & stun immunity would be perfect.

Any suggestions for changes/improvements etc would be welcomed. Trying to get this build able to do Sim wave 30.

Can I see your POB so far? I'm at about 1450 dex trying to figure out which direction to go with my gear! So far I feel decently tanky, but I'm curious of a path to take it further.

POB: https://pastebin.com/fVqpu4Fc
"

Can I see your POB so far? I'm at about 1450 dex trying to figure out which direction to go with my gear! So far I feel decently tanky, but I'm curious of a path to take it further.

Absolutely, here is my POB
https://pastebin.com/heQ1a7np

If you see any errors in my POB do let me know, however the Dex value and Life value are spot on which gives me some confidence. Damage wise no idea but the build does melt content.

Unfortunately large AOE maps or timed maps are the weakness for this build due to the lack of tankiness this build gets and the time it takes to move, set totem and fire.

However this means Simulacrums past level 22 are the only content I could not do. Flawless Chayula Breachstone are comfortable (including boss) to do but still a risk of failing if you get proximity shield rares.

If I were to get to level 100 I could get my live over 4.1k or extra 100-200k/dps utilising two nodes or extra jewel slot but more damage wont actually help with simulacrum which is the only content left to conquer.

Gear wise no idea what else could be done. Double corrupt helmet with +gems mod for some reason doesnt add any extra damage. I have tried double corrupting boots 6 times, each time destroying or bricking my boots. Never seen double corrupt implicit on trade so dont think it is possible.

Could get extra arrow quiver but the only trader who is sub 100ex is actually greedy. He listed it for 20ex, was there for 3 days. I messaged, he put price up to 50ex, I messaged 2 days later, he raised it to 100ex. Never reached hout to him again.
"

I have had a quick glance at your POB and there are quite a few changes you can do to help:
Maximise your resistances on your rings, belt and gloves. What I did for the longest time was have 1 ring dedicated to maximum resistances and forgo the dex roll. This allowed me to work on getting my end game other ring and belt freely without losing damage or defence.

Buy a new belt or recraft the belt you have, it has no resistances really and a useless mod for chaos res against damage over time. Poison issues are seldomly encountered and therefore not worth a suffix mod.

Get Point Blank corrupted implicit on your arrow quiver - 1ex i think.

Swap to Wildwrap chest plate - adds 15% dexterity, damage, defence etc etc. It can be any link initially as you can use your 6l bow for the siege balista and then 4l for ensnaring arrow (since that is a utility skill)

Get rid of your rare jewel that is at the bottom of the tree and put the Brawn jewel you have by Ranger there. Get a Brutal Restraint jewel and socketed it into the now empty jewel slot by Ranger. Read carefully the additional mods it adds to any notable filled within the influence circle. Use divine orbs as required to change those mods - you want % Life, % Dex followed by % Crit/damage etc.

Remove the Holy domininon and elemental damage passives up by Templar start. Worthless nodes for us. Once you have the Point Blank Quiver you can remove get rid of Point Blank on your tree giving you 3 extra Passive Points.

Use those 3 extra passive points to get Winter Spirit (helps even more because of Brutal Strength will add extra mods there)

Get rid of totemic zeal - waste of 3 points.

Once you have fixed your resistances on your rings, belt and gloves, so that you are not reliant on any resistances nodes on the passive tree you can free up 6x passive points from Ballistics and One with Nature (keep Finesse).
You can then use those passive points to work your way up to the upper jewel slot by Shadow AND go to the cluster jewel node on the right along the way.

If you have insufficiant passive points to reach both, do some mapping to get the levels required before making the change.
Once you have some more levels (try to get to level 95, should be quick and easy with T16 map farming) you can then get 2x Dex/Max life split personality jewels and socket it in the Shadow jewel socket and the cluster socket.

With 1 more level you can then path straight down to the medium cluster you have instead of jutting to the right further up, this will improve your split personality.

With these changes (not factoring in the rings/belts/glove changes as I do not know what they would be) I have calculated that your dex will be around 1800 still with 4.1k life.

To go beyond 1800/2000 dex you need to purchase the following end game items:

Rings - 7% Increased dexterity synthesised rings (~15ex-50ex depending on if you self craft or not).
Gloves - % Dexterity explicit mod & + Dexterity explicit mod (~3ex-10ex) I crafted my own (and got bloody lucky) because there were none on the market which had the temple mod and the double dex mods as well as free prefix and life.

Just those items alone add 24% increase global dexterity + ~60 base so as you can imagine that can easily amount to few hundred if not more dex.

Lastly you can look to get a rare amulet with the mods I have to at minimum equal the Astrementis however this will mess with your dex and strength so may impact your Brawn jewels. If this is the case you may need to change a Brawn jewel to Emperor's cunning &/or Emperor's Mastery (which is overpriced beyond reason)

Hopefully this helps.
Pretty happy with my build so far. Definitely, the farthest I've taken a build in any league. Just wanted to open it up for someone to review and give me any guidance on what to do next. I feel like I do decent damage, but I feel like I see others just melt bosses. POB here. https://pastebin.com/XVMRH3SY

Only have 10ex, I think I would really need like 30-40ex to get dex% rings with decent resists to get close to breaking 2200 dex. I'm pretty casual, especially at this point in the league so not sure about farming ton of stuff. Just if there is anything I could do with the current setup to improve on, would appreciate it.

Any harvest crafts worth it? Like APS on the bow or dex/life on the chest armor?
Last edited by markwngo on Apr 5, 2022, 5:14:52 PM
"
markwngo wrote:
Pretty happy with my build so far. Definitely, the farthest I've taken a build in any league. Just wanted to open it up for someone to review and give me any guidance on what to do next. I feel like I do decent damage, but I feel like I see others just melt bosses. POB here. https://pastebin.com/XVMRH3SY

Only have 10ex, I think I would really need like 30-40ex to get dex% rings with decent resists to get close to breaking 2200 dex. I'm pretty casual, especially at this point in the league so not sure about farming ton of stuff. Just if there is anything I could do with the current setup to improve on, would appreciate it.

Any harvest crafts worth it? Like APS on the bow or dex/life on the chest armor?

At 2000 DEX that should be at 16 ballista yea? I only have 1800 DEX and conquerer bosses "melt" easily. Based on your POB you should be pumping out plenty of damage. There are a couple of things you can do that are pretty cheap to increase your damage a bit...

I put the harvest crit enchant on my bow. POB had it doing more damage than the others you can get. I also added DEX enchant to chest. Both of these cost me 50c total as i didnt feel like farming for them myself.

Maybe instead of taste of hate try a diamond flask for a bunch of extra crit.

I don't think your boot enchant does anything for you since "you" are not the one killing anything. Get boots with "Damage penetrates ele resist if you haven't killed recently". Since you never kill anything yourself this will always be up.

I got my DEX ring for 9 EX and crafted on it until I got decent mods on it. They are going for 12 EX now but just keep watching trade and maybe you can pick up one for cheaper.

I personally went the threads of hope route and I'm very happy with my damage output even at 1800 DEX.

EDIT: I also noticed you don't have barrage support in your POB. This is an absolute necessity for single target. Just gem swap from hypothermia for bossing and you are good to go.
Last edited by Zuuule on Apr 8, 2022, 9:33:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info