[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

"
SirNorek wrote:
Thank you for the update Wallach (and all your previous work of course!) Just a tidbit question here as I've also never done stat stacking. In the POB you have Str & Int equal from the basic gear shown, you would need to get Str on one of your rares or gems to trigger the Fractal Thoughts Dex % bonus correct?

Looking forward to trying out the EA totem leveling style, every time I use HFT in a build I always feel like it starts to tickle things when I hit maps, so hopefully this plays out better :) I only REALLY got to try FP pre-gutting once and it was glorious, so looking forward to giving this a solid attempt!

Hmm, in the current PoB Strength should be like ~100 more than Intelligence when on a Siege Ballista tree. But yeah, you need your Strength to always be higher than your Intelligence for Fractal Thoughts purposes.
"
Wallach wrote:
Hmm, in the current PoB Strength should be like ~100 more than Intelligence when on a Siege Ballista tree. But yeah, you need your Strength to always be higher than your Intelligence for Fractal Thoughts purposes.

Sorted the issue, I had the act 10 tree selected cuz I was checking the pathing out, str/int is balanced on that one coincidentally >.>

You'd think after like 4 years of PoE/PoB I'd not make derp mistakes like this.
/shame
Love the build, planning to run this in 3.17. I messed around with EA for leveling and it seems pretty comparable to HFT in Acts 4/5. Seems like it will scale better past that as well.

For the new leveling tree, why do you recommend nodes for dot multi? It looks like most of the skill damage comes from the explosion, and the tree can't really support more than 30% chance to ignite without drifting even further from the siege ballista goal. I feel like I'm missing something there.

"
aeropdx wrote:
Love the build, planning to run this in 3.17. I messed around with EA for leveling and it seems pretty comparable to HFT in Acts 4/5. Seems like it will scale better past that as well.

For the new leveling tree, why do you recommend nodes for dot multi? It looks like most of the skill damage comes from the explosion, and the tree can't really support more than 30% chance to ignite without drifting even further from the siege ballista goal. I feel like I'm missing something there.

The main reason is that the ignite portion of the skill is now going to be affected by the fuse multiplier in 3.17, so it is a large source of free damage compared to playing the build right now in 3.16.

We won't have a ton of ignite chance, but you mainly want it for supplementary single target until you have a 5-link (where you could add on a Combustion gem for a large chance to ignite bonus), and Flammability helps with ignite chance there.
Did anyone already draw up an atlas passive tree that suits the build?
I was making a tree yesterday and soon came to the conclusion that there are WAY to many good nodes and WAY too few points to spend :)

Obviously the nodes that improve map drop are going to be selected especially when starting but I was just wondering if there are some nodes that you guys think are really good for the build. For example, would the Fated conflict node be good to take to improve the chance of the fated quiver to drop? Could be a waste of 4 nodes though. On the other hand, fated uniques will be tougher to get I reckon unless they really gave them a good chance to drop. It could mean that you can make some currency even when other fated uniques drop.

Other than that, I like the expedition and ritual content so will probably go for those nodes but the guardians and conqueror nodes in the north of the tree are also very good. Will be very hard to choose and I wonder what would be better. Specializing in just a few content types (like ritual and expedition) or trying to get a chance for many different content types to spawn?
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Last edited by JohnnyV76 on Feb 3, 2022, 5:24:41 AM
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
I was making a tree yesterday and soon came to the conclusion that there are WAY to many good nodes and WAY too few points to spend :)

Obviously the nodes that improve map drop are going to be selected especially when starting but I was just wondering if there are some nodes that you guys think are really good for the build. For example, would the Fated conflict node be good to take to improve the chance of the fated quiver to drop? Could be a waste of 4 nodes though. On the other hand, fated uniques will be tougher to get I reckon unless they really gave them a good chance to drop. It could mean that you can make some currency even when other fated uniques drop.

Other than that, I like the expedition and ritual content so will probably go for those nodes but the guardians and conqueror nodes in the north of the tree are also very good. Will be very hard to choose and I wonder what would be better. Specializing in just a few content types (like ritual and expedition) or trying to get a chance for many different content types to spawn?

prob best thing to do is focus on map drop and things thats lets you start early farm and ignore late game atlas tree. when finishing build will all core items and can start do maps tier 14-16 then start respecting tree for end game nodes. atleast thats what i gonna do since ve have no idea about map drop rates and how good will be endgame
Last edited by anti4z500 on Feb 3, 2022, 6:45:18 AM
Played this build in Scourge league, had a great time. Looking at it again, but one thing kinda making me doubt a bit, as was mentioned earlier pretty much as slots are used by uniques, so there's no way to try and use new implicit crafting which sounds kind of interesting.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:

Obviously the nodes that improve map drop are going to be selected especially when starting but I was just wondering if there are some nodes that you guys think are really good for the build.
Yeah, pick the map nodes and if you somehow have too many and aren't selling them, then unspec them (tbh Grimro made a good video explaining why everyone picks map nodes and Fyregrass made another one explaining that if you don't spec the maps you can brick your progression if you have no maps and no regrets / unmakings to respec).

After that? Spec into whatever you're farming. Legions, blights, etc.

Most people also pick the boss nodes (either Exarch or the blue guy w/e his squidface), but only one or the other, in preparation to farm that influence.

Play to build's strengths, I think blight, expedition, harbs, breaches, rituals could be good, delirium / beyond probably not as much.

Also if you hate some content, like idk Heist, just avoid it.

Path of Math made a video + spreadsheet with what he thinks are most profitable nodes, but many of these are boss-related, so only spec them once you reach build level to confidently farm bosses.
"
DeopEU wrote:
Played this build in Scourge league, had a great time. Looking at it again, but one thing kinda making me doubt a bit, as was mentioned earlier pretty much as slots are used by uniques, so there's no way to try and use new implicit crafting which sounds kind of interesting.

yes a bit a bummer. but i have a strange feeling thats this new craft mods gonna be kinda lame and weak for normal players but strong for ppl that have 100++ ex to spam on crafting or super rare lucky hit on mod roll
"
anti4z500 wrote:
"
DeopEU wrote:

yes a bit a bummer. but i have a strange feeling thats this new craft mods gonna be kinda lame and weak for normal players but strong for ppl that have 100++ ex to spam on crafting or super rare lucky hit on mod roll

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. And then there's always an option to craft some good items for sell or for the second character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info