[3.16] Cyclone block Gladiator

Path of Building link (Community Fork):

https://pastebin.com/Yv9zg2NU

This build was inspired by https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2775490, but since it isn't really updated for the Scourge league, I present my version.

Gap between budget and min-max:
On the budget version, the damage seems a bit rough for endgame content (around 1m Sirus dps) and it is a bit hard to tank the Scourge league mechanic at higher stacks (spell block nerf), but at lvl ~90 the dmg should be just enough. Your first big upgrade should be Paradoxica with 200+dps (phys dmg and attack speed roll (preferably blood rage on kill for frenzy charges)) which can be expensive.
Min-max gear has up to 8m Sirus dps and 85% Attack & 75% Spell Block chance so you will just slay through everything.
I would not recommend starting with this build or if you can't invest into some gear.
But if you have some currency to spend, this face-tank build is very nice and easy to play with very good damage.

Keep in mind when transitioning from budget to min-max:
- Remember to respec your Ascendancy passive from "Outmatch and Outlast" to "Reigning Veteran"
- You need the 2 passives from "Deal with the Bandits"
- You can change gems in shield sockets after swapping out (or not using at all) "The Surrender" and get your Curse applied from ring with curse on hit.
- Can be kinda costly to reach smooth Sirus dps. Paradoxica can be enough but you will need some Accuracy on your gear. Bottled Faith + Watcher's Eye with additional Impale are luxury items and will make your damage skyrocket.
- The boots and gloves you see in PoB are also luxury but you can use less expensive versions as long as your ele resistances are at max and chaos res is not negative.
Last edited by sham_pain on Nov 5, 2021, 8:31:17 AM
Last bumped on Nov 27, 2021, 9:02:55 AM
They changed passive tree, now we dont have max spell block as max attack block.
How you fix spell block chance
Sorry for the late reply.

It is really hard to get max Spell Block now as Gladiator but this is what you can do:

Use Tempest Shield, a Shield with "+15% Chance to Block Spell Damage" (rolls on shields with ES, so use an Archon Kite Shield) and Cluster Jewels for the rest (notables "Prodigious Defence" for the Large ones ("12% increased Attack Damage while holding a Shield") and "Mage Hunter" for the Small ones ("+1% Chance to Block Spell Damage") - those will also give you Power Charges on block). To get max spell block and save more passives, you should get a shaper amulet with +7% and use Rumi's Concoction with 6%, this should get you to 75%.

That is what you can see in the PoB link, otherwise you could use the Keystone "Versatile Combatant", this will only get you 60% max Attack block and 50% max Spell block, but is much easier to manage.

To be honest, I wouldn't recommend trying to get 75% Spell Block even though my PoB was build that way, because the sacrifice is too much (less life, because clusters take a lot of passives etc.).

Also, here is a PoB link with my current setup (didn't play much, so not the best items (also replaced my Paradoxica with an optimal one), but Elemental Ailment immunity).

https://pastebin.com/LUveAzVY

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info