3.16 Toxic Rain Champion Facetank all the Content HC Viable! delve 600+ By Smerlowtv

Hey Guys Toxic Rain is the Meta at the moment! Since i also play it i decided to make a Guide about it i also stream on Twitch and helped there alot of ppl to fix there Build. I am also lvl 100 alredy with my champion.

My Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/smerlowtv

This Guide is atm in Progress and not Finished yet!

3.16 Videos ( More Comming soon! )

My Progression videos Day1-3 ( i started league on Monday )
And some Bosskills!

PROS AND CONS

Pros

Super Tanky you can Facetank Sirus and Maven!

HC and SSF Viable

Endless life and Mana Flasks!

Can Run All Map Mods

Okay Clearspeed

Cons

you need to farm around 2-3 ex befor red Tier maps Feel okey

Expensive to Min Max

You Play a meta Build you are no Special snow flake

My POB

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/iTCDaJMm ( i will add Soon a Level and Progress Section in the POB )

Kill All Bandits

Keystones and Mechanics

Spoiler
Magebane: To help us reaching 100% Spell Damage Supression

Ghost Dance: For more Extra Life / Ehp to make profit of this we need Energy Shield and Evasion.

We Get Energyshield from Gain 10% of Maximum life as Extra Maximum Energyshield

We Get Evasion from Grace ( to run it with Determination and Malevolence we need Mana Reservation ) Options are: Helm Enchant or Uncompromising Cluster Jewel!

Replenishing Remedies: It`s not a Keystone but worth to mention this gives us Flask Charges with a Enduring Mana Flask you can have it always up!

My Gear!

Spoiler
Note that this is my Gear and is not Perfect at all ( altough i can do all Content and i am at Delve 600+ aswell )

My Jewels

Gem Links

Spoiler
Bow 6Link: Toxic Rain - Mirage Archer - Vicious Projectile - Efficacy Support - Faster attacks - Void Manipulation ( Swap with Empower if you have + Supporter Gems on Bow )

Chest 6Link: Toxic Rain - Ballista Totem Support - Focused Ballista - Withering Touch - Multiple Totems - Efficacy Support

Aura 4Link: Malevolence - Determination - Enlighten - Arctic Armour ( change to Grace if you got Mana Reduction over Helm of Uncompromising Cluster Jewel )

CWDT 3Link: Cast when Damage Taken - Molten Shell - Increased Duration, and a Defiance Banner ( in the 4th unlinked Socket ) Check my Gloves in the My Gear Section!

Movement 4Link: Lifetap - Flame Dash - Withering Step - Blood rage ( swap to Culling strike ore vaal Blight if you got +frenzy charge on hit Chest )

Gear Progression

Spoiler
BOW

Quill Rain: Starter Bow Allot of Attackspeed!

Second Bow: you wanna have Socketed bow Gems and Socketed gems + 1open Suffix for Attackspeed , Chaos dmg over time multi is a bonus

Third / Engame Bow: Socketed Support Gems + Empower / Chaos Damage + Chaos Damage Over time + Attack Speed

Base: Always play Thicket or Short Bow because of the high Attack Speed

Helmet

First Helmet: Life + Resist

Second Helmet: Nearby Enemies take Increased Chaos dmg ( it`s a multiplier )

Viridi's Veil: is optional with a Magic ring ( i don`t play it but some ppl like it )

Helm Enchant: Toxic Rain Dmg or Determination / Malevolence / Grace Reserve Efficency ( not needed if you go cluster Jewel )

Amulet

First Amulet: Life Resistance

Second Amulet: life / Resistance / Chaos dmg over time multiplier

third Amulet: Dexterity Gem LvL or Chaos Gem Level + Life + Chaos damage over time multi

Endgame Amulet: Dexterity Gem LvL and Chaos Gem Level + Life + Chaos damage over time multi

Quiver

First Quiver: Life + Resist ( Maybe ) + Chaos Damage over time Multi

Second Quiver: Life + Resist ( Maybe ) + Chaos Damage over time Multi + Damage over time Multiplier

FAQ ( Comming Soon )
Last edited by SmerlowTV on Nov 3, 2021, 3:21:21 PM
Last bumped on Dec 19, 2021, 7:40:56 PM
Place Holder
What do you do about the 80% hit chance tho?
Last edited by Lyshmo on Nov 4, 2021, 4:32:08 PM
How do you feel about the build with high scourge. I'm worried with the delayed damage nature of the build that it won't be able to kill fast enough and you won't be able to tank all of the nasty scourge monsters rushing at you.
"
Lyshmo wrote:

Toxic rain doesn't need to hit to deal damage with the spores which are the main source of damage
Last edited by Selfcontrol on Nov 6, 2021, 1:04:46 AM
Hey, iam also playing this build. Can you give us the right calculation for witherstacks by the ballista totems?

If i have 5 totems and the tooltips shows 0.25 attack per second its 4 * 5 = 20 atatcks per second right? Now wither has a 20%chancen to inflict 1 stack of wither wich means it inflicts 4 stacks of wither per second?
iam not sure how to calculate it because also not every arrow of toxic rain hits the monster since its aoe is spread.

if my totems hit it doesnt feel like a huge dmg boost but as soon as i press witering touch wich inflicts 10 stacks of wither thanks to my helm enchant, i really feel a dmg boost.
"
just963 wrote:
Hey, iam also playing this build. Can you give us the right calculation for witherstacks by the ballista totems?

If i have 5 totems and the tooltips shows 0.25 attack per second its 4 * 5 = 20 atatcks per second right? Now wither has a 20%chancen to inflict 1 stack of wither wich means it inflicts 4 stacks of wither per second?
iam not sure how to calculate it because also not every arrow of toxic rain hits the monster since its aoe is spread.

if my totems hit it doesnt feel like a huge dmg boost but as soon as i press witering touch wich inflicts 10 stacks of wither thanks to my helm enchant, i really feel a dmg boost.

it`s hard to Calculate that, not every boss has a big hit box so not everything is hitting, also consider that we not have a 100 percent hit chance ( which only matters for the wither stacks ) i can`t really tell you tbf, but maybe i can give you some tips how to play so your dmg will feel better.

for Maps you don`t really place totems if there is a tanky rare mob withering step is enough.

for bosses just place totems ( never next to you so they will not die that fast )

in Sirus Fights you can get a additional vaal blight for dmg push in the last phase, also we can facetank everything so use that to stay at him and try to build wither stacks ( sometimes he is a bitch )

"
Liquinova wrote:
How do you feel about the build with high scourge. I'm worried with the delayed damage nature of the build that it won't be able to kill fast enough and you won't be able to tank all of the nasty scourge monsters rushing at you.

Scourge is fine, we just toxic rain and run in maps. Altough i never did the Real high scourge myself, but at the end of the day it`s a question off how much you invest, if you wanna go crazy get a +2 gem amu / high end bow and all that stuff and you should do fine,

"
Lyshmo wrote:

our main dmg is comming from the spores we leave on the Ground and they don`t need hit chance. The only thing that changes is that we probably need 1 sec longer on big bosses for our max wither stacks thats it

I can't see masteries chosen on pob. Tried other pob and it worked fine with it but it shows just all options of every Mastery node but not whats chosen.
Have pob up on date tho
Last edited by FinYuna on Nov 11, 2021, 6:14:19 AM
"
FinYuna wrote:
I can't see masteries chosen on pob. Tried other pob and it worked fine with it but it shows just all options of every Mastery node but not whats chosen.
Have pob up on date tho

yeah true wasn`t aware of this well i just tell you my masterys here , gonna make a section aswell in the guide tough

Duration Mastery

10 more Skill Effect Duration

Life Mastery

Inc max life / reduce life recover

+50 to maximum Life

Chaos Mastery

20 Inc Effect of Withered

Bow Mastery

Chance to gain Phasing and movespeed

Inc area of effect while wealding a bow
reservation mastery?

Report Forum Post