[3.17] Cold Shockwave Totem - Freeze everything - 6 totems

the damage its pretty good i have like 9m, this build is fun ^^ ty
dmg is good, but what about survivability ? I play T14 maps now, scourge and another features looks pretty hard :(

3700 HP, 700 shield, 1400 mana ...

But build is nice and fuunny :)
"
TommyLee68 wrote:
I've always loved totem game play! And I've also wanted to try a shockwave totem for a long time, so I'll give this a go. But how did you level this up to 28?
And do you have leveling skill trees and gear?

Yeah that's where I got to.

So many mandatory unique items, not much detail on gems and links - it's a very very basic guide that needs a lot of work.

I really like the "I hate flasks" thing though - I hate them too. So I hope to see the guide fleshed out soon.
"
HELLERcz wrote:
dmg is good, but what about survivability ? I play T14 maps now, scourge and another features looks pretty hard :(

3700 HP, 700 shield, 1400 mana ...

But build is nice and fuunny :)

I’m gonna modify the build a bit I think and swap the arcane surge ascendancy for the 10% mana before life. Scale mana some more, add the passives that give spell damage per 100 mana. Going to tinker with it to decide on cold or pure phys.

For even more defense, block is possible with a staff. You can get good crit/damage/block notables with a staff too. You’d lose a totem, though. I’m looking into stacking armor + spell suppression with MOM. I think it’d be tanky enough.

I’d recommend divergent shockwave totem. It converts 40% which free up gloves for something better (or saves a passive).
I'm having a lot of fun with this build! Thx ryuukk33 :)

So I think one thing that could make this build better would be a change in gloves.

Can we make the conversion to cold damage 100%?
Can't we replace this glove, which "only" converts to cold damage, with something stronger?

First of all, it's not hard to get 100% conversion to cold damage.
In the Watcher's Eye mod, there is a "(25-40)% of Physical Damage Converted to Cold Damage while affected by Hatred", so we will use that.
(If you want to add more Hatred mods, it will be more expensive)

The next step is to change the gloves, because the Scourge League mod has "25% of Physical Damage Converted to Cold Damage".
You get 25% from the glove, 40% from the passive tree, and 35% from the Watcher's Eye, making it 100%.
This way, we can equip ourselves with "some" gloves of our choice.

For example, something like this

There are many types of negative effects caused by scourge league mods.
So try to find one that is not a negative effect for you.

What do you think about this idea? If you have an opinion, I'd love to hear it :)
(By the way, I am not good at English. I apologize if this is a strange sentence)
I was keen to try this, then I read the detail on gearing and the rarity/price of the body armour made me worried, so I searched trade...

Only 3 of those with 6 linked blue sockets, prices 1ex to 5 ex. None of them have Supreme Ego mod.

So I'm not sure I can guarantee that I could even get this build going. Is the armour really mandatory? As a casual I can't understand how the build actually functions so I can't tell if it's needed.

I like the idea of freeze though - any other good freezing caster builds for 3.16?
Last edited by SpontaneousCombustion on Nov 14, 2021, 9:34:15 AM
"
I was keen to try this, then I read the detail on gearing and the rarity/price of the body armour made me worried, so I searched trade...

Only 3 of those with 6 linked blue sockets, prices 1ex to 5 ex. None of them have Supreme Ego mod.

I can't answer your other questions, but I think you've got one thing wrong.
The 6L colors we need are 3 Red, 1 Green and 2 Blue.
Right now, there are three listings for about 1 ex.

Here's a link for your reference https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/JaByzXWfl
Okay I’ve tried with and without astral projector. I don’t notice a huge difference, but maybe it’s my playstyle. I don’t know that astral projector is a MUST. I think a rare ring could be good, too.

Last edited by HeckinKoda on Nov 15, 2021, 10:55:36 PM
I played a lot of T15-16 maps .. no problem.
I played heist, mine ilvl 83 depth .. no big problem.

BUT .. I wanted to kill Sirus 8 ... He zerg me ... no chance to beat him. :(
"
HELLERcz wrote:
I played a lot of T15-16 maps .. no problem.
I played heist, mine ilvl 83 depth .. no big problem.

BUT .. I wanted to kill Sirus 8 ... He zerg me ... no chance to beat him. :(

If you have enough damage, look into a corrupted Loreweave (minimal DPS lost), the Agnostic, and stacking mana. Can also get Prodigial Perfection near the power charge at top of tree. Will help with survivability a ton.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info