Multistrike

Multistrike's damage penalty is now "Less Damage" rather than "Less Melee Damage". This affects
Lightning Strike's projectiles which were not intended to have no penalty with this support gem.

So becouse of OP Lightning Strike's you make Fliker Strike which is way mach demanding and bleed, poison on Unique Dager and skill tree of no use whit "Less Damege".
Do you even know how rare pure Demage is in skill tree, and now you scale down and trash so many things just becouse OP Lightning Strike's wich is way less mechanicly and cost demanding.

You cant even use Fliker Strike resonable if you dont use Multi Strike, no to mention charges you need and scaling effect like poison and bleed whit Less demage OMG.
I realy dont see point in +0.5% increased Melee Physical Damage for quality becouse it is not wort penalty in leveling and how you make effect on critical not worck on all attack.

Change Lightning Strike's and live M<ultistrike as it whas whit less melee damge.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Mar 2, 2015, 9:50:46 PM
...What? That change makes no difference for Flicker Strike whatsoever.
i agree viper, but be gentle, some people can't read =p
"
Vipermagi wrote:
...What? That change makes no difference for Flicker Strike whatsoever.

So if i use Dager, my Adder's Touch do so litle demage and many Unique items whit poison and bleed and same go for passive do way litle demage.

Speed, poison and bleed are what make so to say assassin, whit this Less Demage, it just degrade my pure demage, demage over time passive to oblivion.

If skill, item or passive have only procen chance to hapen and need heavy invesmentand are only single target, then i dont see whay it need to saffer insted of nerfing that skill insted of suport gem.

Less demage, it make less incial demage so bleed is reduced, then it reduce bleed agen becouse its "Less" demage.
Have i mention thos chances can only hapen 1/3 hit even if you proc. and you cant even use Flicker strike if you dont use that suport gemn, not in efficient maner that is.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Mar 6, 2015, 7:58:42 PM
I'd like to suggest changing Multistrike from 3 repeated attacks to "only" 2, since the current state of the gem makes boss fights harder on melee builds than they should be. Ranged characters have a better reaction time against one-shot mechanics like Dominus's and Malachai's because they get locked in for only 2(or none at all for ranged attack characters). At the same time these ranged characters don't have to remove one of their top dps supports in order to have better reaction times than melees. The difference becomes even greater when we already had to remove one of your damage supports in favour of the fortify buff(which is a pure survivability choicek; the 25% increased phys damage it has is entirely negligible).
I hope that multistrike will remove the tag 'melee', so that other non-melee attack skill can link with this gems. (e.g. bow skill)
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
I'd like to suggest changing Multistrike from 3 repeated attacks to "only" 2, since the current state of the gem makes boss fights harder on melee builds than they should be. Ranged characters have a better reaction time against one-shot mechanics like Dominus's and Malachai's because they get locked in for only 2(or none at all for ranged attack characters). At the same time these ranged characters don't have to remove one of their top dps supports in order to have better reaction times than melees. The difference becomes even greater when we already had to remove one of your damage supports in favour of the fortify buff(which is a pure survivability choicek; the 25% increased phys damage it has is entirely negligible).

Multistrike was intended to be used by players, who want to get as many swings as possible, even at the cost of attack speed. So, when your swing time is very short, you dont care if you do 3 hits. For example, my swing time is 0.12 sec, so even full 3 hits take only 0.36 sec to perform.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
could you make multistrike attack alternately when dual wielding, the animations in this game is looks like old school diablo 2 and seeing my character attack so 3 times so fast on one hand then move on the other. it looks really wierd

it would make more sense if he is attacking alternately with both hands during the multistrike than just one
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
My thoughts on multistrike:

Multistrike combined with a slow weapon can make you get stuck in the animation for too long (i count a full second) which guarantees death on fights with instagib hits like Dominus, Voll or Malachai, where you have to get out of range in a limited time.

Not only using skills to escape like Leap Spam get useless this way.. also just pointing and clicking into a direction to run away gets delayed for too long.

In my opinion there should be a way to cancel the animation whenever you perform another action.

Last edited by Insert_Pixels on Dec 19, 2015, 11:04:15 AM
That's an intentional downside to Multistrike.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info