Is the performance better on ps5 over ps4

Last time I played on ps4 the game constantly crashed. Sometimes I could play for an hour before it'd crash or sometimes I could only play for two minutes and it'd crash. Is this an issue on ps5 also? Thanks.
Last bumped on Jan 26, 2023, 12:49:23 PM
That's mostly a classic PS4 issue. Even ps4 pro rarely crashes these days(assuming this update doesn't change that).
Ps5 has much better performance though
Would you say that the performance on ps5 is good enough to actually spend real money on the game? Thanks.
It's a free game, so you don't have to wonder -- try it out and see for yourself.
"
zipzipp wrote:
It's a free game, so you don't have to wonder -- try it out and see for yourself.
I have over a thousand hours on the game on pc. I tried too play on ps4 but it's unplayable with constant crashes. I'm wondering if ps5 runs smooth enough and is actually playable making it reasonable to actually spend real money.
The performance on the ps5 is absolutely better then the ps4. Minimal loading screens. No stuttering with harbingers on maps... just to name a few. The ps5 is definitely worth it in my opinion. Had it for about 6 months now and everything runs way better on it.
Last edited by Hendo524 on Oct 27, 2021, 6:49:23 PM
I'll just add another datapoint for you. The game performs *much* better on PS5 than it does on my PS4 Pro w/SSD. And my PS4 Pro w/SSD ran the game better than a "stock" PS4.

No idea what will come with the 3.16 patch, but it's a safe bet than PS5 will still vastly outperform PS4.
my series x runs it with essentially instant load screens, where on the xbox one it could have quite a long time loading into zones
bring back the state of the game in 1.3 vaults of atziri patch
Cool thanks everyone, maybe I'll finally spend some money on the ps version. No stash tabs sucks, but didn't want too buy when the game was unplayable.
Obviously a next gen is going to run better?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info