why i cant convert my maps?

"
KillerKrug wrote:
just feel free to mail the support, maybe if enough mail them we get a better answer as i did...

GGG is "working" on it
they dont have any eta
we dont get a snd map tab still they solved the issue...
so either click 10k times and waist a day or dont play

so you actually got an answer from them ??
"
acco73 wrote:
"
KillerKrug wrote:
just feel free to mail the support, maybe if enough mail them we get a better answer as i did...

GGG is "working" on it
they dont have any eta
we dont get a snd map tab still they solved the issue...
so either click 10k times and waist a day or dont play

so you actually got an answer from them ??

i got several answers from my mails, what i wrote was the condensed answer

they also ignore my question why we dont got an offical statement XD
30 Shores with Double Pack / Breach / Max Sextants https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2006424/page/1
First Selfmade Build as Sparker ( MF ) https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1637690
1 Million Tool Tip Dps Sparker https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1761162

I've never seen a software company treat a product-breaking, revenue-losing bug this way, time and time again.

Can someone email the executives or something?
Map conversion algorithm is not good enough for the current state. I am waiting GGG to find a solution. At least the should convert existing map tab to remove only and give us a blank one.

Maybe it is intentional to force us buy an additional tab. They did undocumented nerfs this patch and now this. Incompetence or bad intention or what? What is reason for the current situation?
"
Kaltroh wrote:
Map conversion algorithm is not good enough for the current state. I am waiting GGG to find a solution. At least the should convert existing map tab to remove only and give us a blank one.

Maybe it is intentional to force us buy an additional tab. They did undocumented nerfs this patch and now this. Incompetence or bad intention or what? What is reason for the current situation?

This is a long standing bug. That type of bug that is postponed of fixing indefinitely due to priorities. But now, unlike before, it's causing severe issues. I'd say it's partially incompetence.
"
fortunaextens wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:
Can't GGG improve this system? This is so frustrating. I've just spent a whole fucking night clicking maps and im still not done.

We paid for these tabs, make some fix. The 72 maps of one kind limit should not happen. Find a solution :

-How about not make like all the maps from a given tier convert to the same 4 maps?
-Create additional remove-only stash tabs, or remove only tabs in the actual stash tab,
-Increase the damn 72 maps limit. Make it unlimited or something. How much room does a map takes server side? A coupe of bytes?

This is such a huge disrespect to the players. I feel robbed of a whole damn evening and thats not even counting all the carpal damages ive done to myself.

Just because one stupid feature was coded with a total absence of empathy.

My thoughts, exactly. My hand hurts after a whole night lost cliking literally thousands of maps in and out - including the pain of vendoring hundreds of them. How the heck the guy who was in charge of coding this part didn't anticipate the mess he would create in Standard? Making all the tier 10 maps convert to the same map, and so on? Seriously??? It shows a huge lack of respect, empathy and skills. And the lack of communication makes it even worst. Not even mentioning the fact we paid for that stash tab and that the same issue happens every 3 months... Never been that bad though. Seriously, fix this issue once and for all. And show some respect to Standard players for once next time you decide to mess up the atlas by testing the conversion before the release.

Amen to that!
"
Krayken wrote:
"
fortunaextens wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:
Can't GGG improve this system? This is so frustrating. I've just spent a whole fucking night clicking maps and im still not done.

We paid for these tabs, make some fix. The 72 maps of one kind limit should not happen. Find a solution :

-How about not make like all the maps from a given tier convert to the same 4 maps?
-Create additional remove-only stash tabs, or remove only tabs in the actual stash tab,
-Increase the damn 72 maps limit. Make it unlimited or something. How much room does a map takes server side? A coupe of bytes?

This is such a huge disrespect to the players. I feel robbed of a whole damn evening and thats not even counting all the carpal damages ive done to myself.

Just because one stupid feature was coded with a total absence of empathy.

My thoughts, exactly. My hand hurts after a whole night lost cliking literally thousands of maps in and out - including the pain of vendoring hundreds of them. How the heck the guy who was in charge of coding this part didn't anticipate the mess he would create in Standard? Making all the tier 10 maps convert to the same map, and so on? Seriously??? It shows a huge lack of respect, empathy and skills. And the lack of communication makes it even worst. Not even mentioning the fact we paid for that stash tab and that the same issue happens every 3 months... Never been that bad though. Seriously, fix this issue once and for all. And show some respect to Standard players for once next time you decide to mess up the atlas by testing the conversion before the release.

Amen to that!

^this, more or less.
absolutely silly what state the conversion function is in.

i guess it's not as easy as "just" doing X, Y or Z (it never is), but it's not our job to come up with a proper solution.
and the solution doesn't have to be easy to implement anyways, no matter how hard it is, it needs to be implement because this is majorly fucking people over.
Last edited by Guffinn on Oct 26, 2021, 1:35:29 PM
+1 to this issue

My map tab will not convert to the new maps. Can't really play the game until this gets fixed.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Oct 26, 2021, 1:38:59 PM
"
zinnux wrote:
I've never seen a software company treat a product-breaking, revenue-losing bug this way, time and time again.
Can someone email the executives or something?

Yes, this bug existed more than one year. They have enough time even if they deleted current map system and rebuild a new one.

So, there's no excuse that they haven't yet fix this bug now.
Maybe it would be a good idea to forward this issue amd GGGs ignorance to give us any comment to some well-known bloggers/streamers/editors of gaming news.

Their only focus is on the league and they give a shit on standard players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info