[3.16] LL Phys DoT, Blood Gems Scion Build "guide"

"
Thank you very much Sarganis for this tip on Swift Affliction and Cruelty, expect an update on the PoB and this guide soon!

You are welcome!
I may actually write a guide on Blood skills build as well since my version is quite different from yours.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Last edited by Sarganis87 on Oct 31, 2021, 1:25:07 PM
Hi there! Any information about Patheon? Is it all content viable?
Any suggestions about which Passive to Annoint ? Currently 48 and am having quite alot of Fun with this Build :)
Last edited by ShiQz on Nov 2, 2021, 6:49:25 AM
Build is great, but really struggling with survivability, especially with Scourge.

I am not sure if PB and spell attunement are worth it considering how vulnerable it leaves you to bosses and pressing 'V'.
Hey did this build can do Sirus 8 w/o high investment?
Summarizing the last replies to the guide:

Pantheon: I say use whatever against you dislike the most, Stun and Ailment reduction would be best, and i dont particularly like DoT, so Ignites and Chaos DoT pantheon.

Anoints: Possible ideas are "Cannibalistic Rites", "Vampirism", "Blood Drinker", "Blood Siphon", basically Life and whatever comes with it. All of these are untested since the build hasn't progressed far enough. Kinda tired of dying.

"All content viable": I am not a "all content" player, barely even do Awakener, at the moment i do not believe this build is capable of, unless some absurdly high investment which i would even know what it would be.

Survivability: This is not a good league for this build, Scourge is a very lethal league so this build's defences are not really enough to not die, because a) You dont really have burst so they die before you do, and b) this build's defences basically rely on not getting one shot and... well... that's not happening this league.

I don't wanna call this build "dead" but it is very hard to play this league, even with the investment on the PoB, i don't consider myself to have the knowledge to pull this build further or re-make it entirely.
If you still intend to play this build, i would stick to mapping mostly, since that is something this build does well.
"
Summarizing the last replies to the guide:

Pantheon: I say use whatever against you dislike the most, Stun and Ailment reduction would be best, and i dont particularly like DoT, so Ignites and Chaos DoT pantheon.

Anoints: Possible ideas are "Cannibalistic Rites", "Vampirism", "Blood Drinker", "Blood Siphon", basically Life and whatever comes with it. All of these are untested since the build hasn't progressed far enough. Kinda tired of dying.

"All content viable": I am not a "all content" player, barely even do Awakener, at the moment i do not believe this build is capable of, unless some absurdly high investment which i would even know what it would be.

Survivability: This is not a good league for this build, Scourge is a very lethal league so this build's defences are not really enough to not die, because a) You dont really have burst so they die before you do, and b) this build's defences basically rely on not getting one shot and... well... that's not happening this league.

I don't wanna call this build "dead" but it is very hard to play this league, even with the investment on the PoB, i don't consider myself to have the knowledge to pull this build further or re-make it entirely.
If you still intend to play this build, i would stick to mapping mostly, since that is something this build does well.

Thanks for the reply about the Anoints will definitely look into it which one Suits best.
Regarding Defences - i changed the Reservation Mastery from 15% Mana to 30% Life - linked Arrogance with Petrified as well as Vitality and Malevorance remains unlinked in Helmet so i decided since a Gem Slot is open i grabbed Determination, Level 74 and works decently well so far and Synergies very well with Cold Iron Point as Determination is a Physical Gem. You can check my Char if you like to just don't pay attention to the Rares xD
Last edited by ShiQz on Nov 3, 2021, 8:45:08 PM
"
ShiQz wrote:

Thanks for the reply about the Anoints will definitely look into it which one Suits best.
Regarding Defences - i changed the Reservation Mastery from 15% Mana to 30% Life - linked Arrogance with Petrified as well as Vitality and Malevorance remains unlinked in Helmet so i decided since a Gem Slot is open i grabbed Determination, Level 74 and works decently well so far and Synergies very well with Cold Iron Point as Determination is a Physical Gem. You can check my Char if you like to just don't pay attention to the Rares xD

YES! I started to theorize using Determination as an aura, but ended up using Pride instead, i saw your character, i quite liked it very much, i will be updating the guide later, basically just adding the option for determination and Pride and a few QoL changes to the forum guide, thank you for this info, i might get back on the character a bit using Determination to not die. (also, rares are quite good, only thing i saw was the gloves, which are a big part of your damage, Apothecary Gloves with Essence of Delirium and socket Corrupting Fever there) but this character might be better than mine atm! Thank you for the info! Update soon.
"

YES! I started to theorize using Determination as an aura, but ended up using Pride instead, i saw your character, i quite liked it very much, i will be updating the guide later, basically just adding the option for determination and Pride and a few QoL changes to the forum guide, thank you for this info, i might get back on the character a bit using Determination to not die. (also, rares are quite good, only thing i saw was the gloves, which are a big part of your damage, Apothecary Gloves with Essence of Delirium and socket Corrupting Fever there) but this character might be better than mine atm! Thank you for the info! Update soon.

Will do regarding the Gloves, haven't made it to Maps with this Char yet ( Always going slow through the Story and i have no idea why xD ). Just finished Uber Lab and now going to finish Kitava. Glad i could help, i'm myself not suited into Theory crafting Builds as the Tree is soo complex and i'm glad there are Guides i can follow :)
Hey! loved the build! managed to get to tier 12-13maps but yeah for this season, I literally had to not press V or would instantly die later on, the defenses are not enough, unlucky i guess x.x Super fun build overall tho! blood shotgun!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info