ARE U REALLY FIGHTING POWER CREEP?

"the wealthy"

"the rich"

you guys must be talking about standard because in a new league nobody is "born rich" (unless they RMT).
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
"
Antigegner wrote:
"the wealthy"

"the rich"

you guys must be talking about standard because in a new league nobody is "born rich" (unless they RMT).

Correct, but that doesn't mean they don't corner the market within a couple days of a league launch and then proceed to steamroll the game with their income.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
Antigegner wrote:
"the wealthy"

"the rich"

Correct, but that doesn't mean they don't corner the market within a couple days of a league launch and then proceed to steamroll the game with their income.

That's an issue of morality (probably an immoral behavior in your opinion - fair enough). In order to do that though (corner the market and steamroll the game) you have to be rich and as I said nobody is "born rich" in a league.

Everyone starts the same and that's a fair start. "those guys" simply put more brains and effort into the game. And under effort you could list many things such as: preparation for coming league, networking, game knowledge, time invested, skillful playstyle, intelligent risk taking, market knowledge, meta analysis, etc....

― Christopher Hitchens
Last edited by Antigegner on Oct 19, 2021, 4:18:54 AM
Ah, the good old "everyone starts the same" argument.

Technically true, but the game mechanics lead to heavy stratification within the player base within a matter of days. It doesn't have to be like that, but GGG decides they want it to be like that. That is what we (or at least me) are criticizing.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
Ah, the good old "everyone starts the same" argument.

Technically true, but the game mechanics lead to heavy stratification within the player base within a matter of days. It doesn't have to be like that, but GGG decides they want it to be like that. That is what we (or at least me) are criticizing.

yeah and why does it lead to that? because of what I said.
― Christopher Hitchens
Mostly because of how the mechanics of the game are designed to reward high investment, knowledge, and excessive playtime.
"
Char1983 wrote:
Mostly because of how the mechanics of the game are designed to reward high investment, knowledge, and excessive playtime.

That's what life in general rewards.

You mean to tell me you dislike people who are willing to invest a lot, who are willing to spend time on gaining knowledge and who spend lots of time on improving on something in general? Following your train of thoughts, excessive playtime is something you could for example accuse Roger Federer of...and I'm sure you would agree that accusing him of that makes no sense.

High investment can't be done at league start (in case u meant high financial investment - unless of cours you RMT, which is cheating). It can only be done once you have acquired a 'high investment' that you can then invest.

I'm sorry but many of you talk about 'the rich' as if they magically and immediately pop up on day one of a league or have acquired their wealth without doing anything or having done something dubious and shady.
― Christopher Hitchens
Last edited by Antigegner on Oct 19, 2021, 6:01:17 AM
Of course more playtime is rewarded, as it should be. In PoE. more playtime is exponentially rewarded, which shouldn't be the case (in my opinion).
knowledge in this game is crap
cuz they dont put things clear out there, if u want u have to go for third part programs/sites and stuff to figure things out...
most ppl (stupid and inteligent ones) just go for the easy way: use same old build or go for the build most ppl are doing (or just copying streamers "hyped builds")

in a game where u need tons of information and most of them are hidden, its not about knowledge, its about time to go after knowledge

i play this game sinse 2013, i know many stuff cuz i been around and had time to absorb them slowly, so i make my own builds and stuff, but when i invite friends to play, they just dont wanna waste tons of hours going throu tons of information to figure just what skill they want to begin with, they just ask me to make a pob and send them
it doesnt mean im smarter and they are dumb, thats only becuz ggg made the game without the proper information within the game
they assume everybody knows everything about old leagues mechanics/itens/etc

not all streamers are great players as well, they have tons or hours playing, of course.. they are indirectly paid to do so
so of course they will have tons of currencies, itens and many build options to play with, but the majority just play it basic and bring information from the comunity itself or when displayed by ggg

dont get me wrong, they are important to voice community issues to ggg and bring information to the crowd (something ggg keeps failing at)

so stop saying "oh hes rich cuz hes smarter/knows how to play"
of course that helps
but the way things are, its more aobut time investment than anything else

it doesnt matter if u know how to get a 5ex/hour farming if theres thta kid with 10 hours a day of game play

it should be possible for a person with reasonable free time to achieve itens/etc and play with at least 2-3 diferent builds each league without beeing cornerd by nolifers that on the first week have already 99% of the game done cuz they dont have anything else to do and on that point foward u guys nerf the crap off the drops cuz those guys are already dropping tons of currencies

"
rafaelgxs wrote:
knowledge in this game is crap
cuz they dont put things clear out there, if u want u have to go for third part programs/sites and stuff to figure things out...
most ppl (stupid and inteligent ones) just go for the easy way: use same old build or go for the build most ppl are doing (or just copying streamers "hyped builds")

in a game where u need tons of information and most of them are hidden, its not about knowledge, its about time to go after knowledge

i play this game sinse 2013, i know many stuff cuz i been around and had time to absorb them slowly, so i make my own builds and stuff, but when i invite friends to play, they just dont wanna waste tons of hours going throu tons of information to figure just what skill they want to begin with, they just ask me to make a pob and send them
it doesnt mean im smarter and they are dumb, thats only becuz ggg made the game without the proper information within the game
they assume everybody knows everything about old leagues mechanics/itens/etc

not all streamers are great players as well, they have tons or hours playing, of course.. they are indirectly paid to do so
so of course they will have tons of currencies, itens and many build options to play with, but the majority just play it basic and bring information from the comunity itself or when displayed by ggg

dont get me wrong, they are important to voice community issues to ggg and bring information to the crowd (something ggg keeps failing at)

so stop saying "oh hes rich cuz hes smarter/knows how to play"
of course that helps
but the way things are, its more aobut time investment than anything else

it doesnt matter if u know how to get a 5ex/hour farming if theres thta kid with 10 hours a day of game play

it should be possible for a person with reasonable free time to achieve itens/etc and play with at least 2-3 diferent builds each league without beeing cornerd by nolifers that on the first week have already 99% of the game done cuz they dont have anything else to do and on that point foward u guys nerf the crap off the drops cuz those guys are already dropping tons of currencies

why did i even bother....

gl hf
― Christopher Hitchens

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info