Theory crafting 3.16 Intuitive Link Necromancer (Strength Stack'n Zombie IronWill Volatile Dead)

"
TN_Sylar wrote:
What about Summon Reaper ?
6 Link for reaper, 6 Link for Volatile Dead and 4 Link for skeletons to feed the reaper.

Summon the reaper, add the link gem to the reaper links, attach the link to the summoned reaper, when the reaper attack it will automatically trigger its ult.

You can even add the new amulet for extra damage.
I played Specters long ago, but i just checked the gem again and i didnt know they removed the Life penalty on it that was on the gem long ago.

I guess specters could work but i need to know their life totals for lvl20.

As for Reaper no can do. Reaper very squishy.

I'm also thinking of just 1 Flame Golem on Necro for the ranged hits, could be effective and very tanky too.
Last edited by ubergeek1221 on Oct 15, 2021, 3:13:54 PM
So you guys ok casting link every 8sec during game? targeting you minion when there are 100+ monsters on screen? I understand you right?
Last edited by RawDamage on Oct 15, 2021, 6:54:18 PM
"
RawDamage wrote:
So you guys ok casting link every 8sec during game? targeting you minion when there are 100+ monsters on screen? I understand you right?

yep that would be a chore to do all the time...Dont forget that if you don´t use meat shield, your minions will break the link because of the distance. Reaper would be even worse, trying to leash him close all the time and you can´t dash too much, such a headache.
I'm playing a Phantasm Summoner this League, and, as far as I've planned, everything is working so far. At this League, the Elemental Equilibrium node changed place, so it's not viable to spend so many points just to get it anymore.

For this reason, I'm having my Phantasms dealing full Fire Damage (from Triad Grip) by socketing Animate Guardian on it with +3 Red Sockets linked. To improve their damage even further, I linked Elemental Weakness, Flammability and Sniper's Mark with the Intuitive Link, which I cast on A.G., so he can apply all these curses by the time that he hits enemies.

And yes, that worked perfectly as I expected! But there's one problem with it: the Link duration. The fact that you must cast the Link every 8/10s. There wouldn't be a problem if you could set the Link by targeting the minion's icon, at the top of your screen, but you actually can't.

So, in the end, you have to seek your A.G. in the middle of 21 Phantasms and between all that hundreds of monsters without Linking to any Phantasm, because, if you do, they have not just low life but, if their duration ends, you die as well. Although this Link is incredibly useful, it just ends up killing me all the time when I Link the wrong minion (A.G. is 1 out of 22 chances to be Linked).

I think that they could add a different interaction with minions: either you can target a minion by selecting its icon, without forcing you to search for it in the middle of hundreds of monsters, or changing this skill by not having a time limit if you cast it on minions, so it would only apply the "mana per second" and it would end up only if you run out of mana or if that minion runs far away from you.
Last edited by Arthur_Scarry on Oct 24, 2021, 10:06:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info