Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Theory crafting 3.16 Intuitive Link Necromancer (Strength Stack'n Zombie IronWill Volatile Dead)

So im very excited about Scourge league.

I'm theory crafting a build that is Strength Stacking Baron Zombies

New in Scourge.
1. Link skill gems : Intuitive Link allows us to trigger both Spell Cascade Descreate and Volatile Dead on hit when the Golem Hit it will cap Balls quickly.

2. Free link with IronWill on tree now. 200% increased spell damage on Volatile Dead with 1k strength.

I played baron zombies in expedition league and it was really strong, this will be over the top. Basically higher single target + faster clear.

I also want to try Poison* Blade Vortex Zombies. (lots of poison stacks extreme single target dps)

Gem in +1 Tabula Rasa
Intuitive Link
Desecreate
Volatile Dead
Spell Cascade
Concentrated Effect
Elemental Focus

4 link in Baron +2 Minion Lvls
Flame Golem (You link the Golem for it to trigger VD at Ranged)
Minion Life
Spell Echo
GMP

Zombies 4link.
Raise Zombies
Predator Support
Minion Speed
Multistrike

Spell Echo allows Flame Golem to hit fast breakpoints to trigger Volatile Dead and Descreate Faster rate at Ranged. The CD on Link is 0.5 seconds, and can probably go down to 0.33 seconds, which is like CWC speed level. But the minion the 1 golem or maybe more links idk gotta test.

The Zombies are to be meatshields for the Flame Golem and you. More targets for enemy less likely to rip the Golem and you.

Sounds fun. See you'll in Scourge league.
Last edited by ubergeek1221 on Oct 15, 2021, 3:53:18 PM
Last bumped on Oct 24, 2021, 9:33:40 PM
Do you think, you can link more than one zombie? I thought player can have only one link of the same type. Or not?
I'm unsure how intuitive link works currently.

It has this line on gem.

Maximum 1 link from any source *Per* target. (Not sure what per means, is that indicating multiple links?)

If not Ancestral Guardian would work pretty cool too on Necromancer for the 20% More Minion Life. This is a risky build tho. Need to make AG invincible or you RiP and your items rip.

I have to test on launch day but the Problem is getting the gem as Witch. She doesnt get access to Intuitive Link until Act6 Lily. Unless you roll an alt for the gem at lv34 you get it in act4 on some classes. Unless all classes gets it *Not in patch notes.
Also, keep in mind that base duration of link is 8 sec. So you need constantly relinking during gameplay, that would be too annoying.
So this is how i think Links work currently. Max 1 link type per target/source so 1 minion can have 1 type of link and you can also link a separate link, like protective link + intuitive link + any other link etc.

So I'm actually thinking Zombies isn't the way to go since it might not work the way i thought it did but a Animate Guardian Necromancer. We still use Volatile Dead but we're no longer strength stacking.

The goal would to put ThiCC body chest and helmet on AG with Shield, and cap your block to help AG mitigate Attack damage and recover on block. We pick up tree nodes to raise Elemental Resistance and Physical Damage Reduction but those moved so idk where it is on tree now.

AG gem links 4link
Animate Guardian
Minion Life
Minion Speed
Multistrike

Animate Guardian will trigger on hit Spell Cascade Descreate with Volatile Dead on it's own. We get as much Duration on tree to allow you to keep uptime on Link. 8 duration base is pretty good as most duration gems have only 5 seconds or less.

I'd add other links too but i dont know what they do currently. Need Reveal.

I also need to know more on Mastery system like what they are/do if it has any nice to add.
I think it's smarter to design it as a Volatile Dead build first.

After which you can add the link ontop of one minion to increase the frequency of casts you do.

So basically how you'll play it is like a normal volatile dead build and your linked minion casting the spell will be a minor bonus to your damage.

I'm pretty certain you can only use your link on one target. So if you run with Zombies, only one zombie will be linked casting the triggers on whatever it hits.

If I'm going to be completely honest, I don't think a melee minion is the way to go. A high level Animate Guardian with a bunch of Regen items, Eye of Malice and a Kingmaker is standard. But even when linked, his movement speed, attack speed and time spent hitting stuff is pretty bad.

It's probably far stronger to link a ranged minion instead.
You want a fast attacking long range minion that's very aggressive. I suggest simply using a Syndicate operative that you link. If you run 4 Spectres total you can run 2 Frenzy Charge spectres, 1 power Charge spectre and an Operative which you simply link. The operative doesn't need any gems to consistently attack since his base attack speed already is ridiculous. Just link Lifetap, Feeding Frenzy and Minion Life or something and the operative will run around spamming projectiles across the entire screen proccing your linked trigger.
My guess is it's far more consistent than relying on a melee minion.
Ive never played a Specter build where the Specter wasn't squishy. They have way too little life meaning you'll RiP all the time even if you spec into minion defenses/life/leech/regen etc.
"
ubergeek1221 wrote:
Ive never played a Specter build where the Specter wasn't squishy. They have way too little life meaning you'll RiP all the time even if you spec into minion defenses/life/leech/regen etc.

Spectres only need gem levels to stay alive and they will literally never die.
Indomitable Army to cap their elemental resistances and a 21 gem is enough to cause them to never die. FAR more tanky than Zombies. If you also run a +3 Minion helm, +2 spectre boots and minion Life gem the spectres literally have as much HP as an Animate Guardian.
imagine the zombie dying lol.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
What about Summon Reaper ?
6 Link for reaper, 6 Link for Volatile Dead and 4 Link for skeletons to feed the reaper.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info