Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

I was about to write nothing... but these accusations aurabots about crimes and blaming them is shocking and strange. People what's wrong with you folks?

"
But those that cry most here are in all likelihood not aurabots in dedicated groups that always play with the same players. It is more likely that those are aurabot-players that sold their service, for example on TFT, taking an exalt per map.

I am a true Aurabot and please do not offend me. I mainly play party ... And imagine that sometimes I am asked for help and I get a tip of say 20% because these players understand that I have to develop my character. How can I get currency to improve my character? Thousands of ex... Most of the poe mechanics are for one player.
Do you expect me only weak items (rags) so that you feel better?
This is your problem?

And the fact that you have to work hard as an Aurabot does not count. As I wrote, most of the mechanics are for one player. How would you play without syndycate, old alva and other mechanics?

"
That is why there is so much crying around here: Because aura-stackers as well as solo aura-bots lost the easy way to generate currency.

Play aurabot... then you will not write nonsense.

"
think that whole idea of "well, auras will just be spread over two or three people" is misunderstanding how aurabots for the most part worked. GGG did not intend to destroy group-play (contrary what some are screaming here). The issue is that aurabots are providing too much power, not that they are providing power at all. If you have to use two players to provide the same power that one provided before (and realistically it might be closer to 3 and still less power due to removal of aura-effect) that will be more balanced against groups that do not have dedicated aura-bots.

Nowadays finding one good Aurabot for your party is a problem, now find 2. Few people want to play with Aurabots.
"
evinta wrote:
"
AngryC00kieZ wrote:
I don't get why people are so happy about other people builds being destroyed.. and people wanting to quit.

Guys... WE ALL LOVE THE SAME GAME!!!

If people quit the game, for whatever reason, on the long run we all have something to lose, a game that has a high number of players is dynamic, the company that produces the game has the necessary income to further develop the game, people have other people to trade with.. what do you think is going to happen if a lot of player quit the game... will you be happy in a game there are hardly any players to trade with.. or you will have a very good experience in a game where leagues are built on a shoe string budget?

Before posting comments like... "Ohh I'm so happy this build was destroyed and the pople that worked hard to get it suffer" think on it, before hitting that submit comment button, read the sentance again and see how small minded a person writing that realy is - don't be that guy.

And something else... someone able to farm 5-10 mirrors during a league to build an aurastacker, is going to be able to farm that currency in any league and build a very strong character, so before rejoicing in other peoples misery... look at your characters, notice that the max level you reached is 92 and your characters have 3ex worth of gear on them.. and you struggle to get past yellow maps and never killed Sirus - that guy, feeling sorry for his 10 mirror build being destroyed is a much better player than you are.

lol @ you preaching about not being "that guy" and then proceed to call everyone who doesn't do some braindead ez mode shit Trash. like come on, how did you write up all that garbage with enough cognitive dissonance to scramble the average human brain?

try to lay off the copium. it's just a game!

I didn't call anyone trash, nor do I consider anyone who is bad at the game to be trash, at the end of the day, this is just a game - every player plays the game exactly how he/she wants to play the game.. if you enjoy your time in low tier maps, go for it... if you like uber hard content and are willing to put in the time and investment, again.. go for it, there is no bad way to play the game.

But... stating that a player able to farm 10 mirrors during a league is a good player and that a player struggling to get past level 90 is a bad player is not trash talk, it's reality - that doesn't make the bad player trash, just makes him a bad player. We all know how to kick a ball... that doesn't make us very good football players!

If you are a bad player and don't like it, do something about it.. either enjoy the time you have with the game as is, or, get better at the game, it's not rocket science - the bad thing to do is to start enjoying the fact that other people had their work destroyed, at the end of the day, that doesn't make you a better player, just makes you a very small human being.

Why destroy aurabot builds? Aurabots existed before those cluster jewels and Synthesis items introduced weren't they? I remember party playing with an aurabot who was not a boss eraser but an excellent supporter for the party.

I do not understand why GGG loves taking extreme measures under the name of balancing.
Is the goal here to make the game different every league so players cannot keep the same build again and improved upon?

Good stuff GGG, very exciting changes! Both in a bad and good way, as I play mostly league HC, the defense changes look scary but promising.
I also appreciate the format in which it is delivered (problem->solution).

Great stuff on the aura changes too, a logarithmic instead of exponential return on investment is the smart way to go at it. Exponential returns often quickly break systems, as was demonstrasted before.

Reading that sea of comments, I also learned that some people are extremely invested in their standard league characters... the more you know...
Chill out, boys. One day the POE servers will shut down and all your hard work will disappear, no big deal.
"
This kicking and hitting players, and fans policy has been carried out by the GGG for a very long time. I know how many nervous people have left, flustered by the fact that GGG does not respect their time they devote to the game (I play 10 from years 98% time party).

But this time it's not about normal nerfs. But for their complete removal!!
It's as if GGG said: we can't figure out anything about how to fix a melee fight so we remove Projectile. Huraa you see my comunity we solved the problem!!! Now close combat makes sense, because there is no other alternative.

Smart GGG

This basically.

So u want to nerf aurabots, fine.

Reduce the effectiveness of your auras on other players/their minions, by mby 25-50% like u did with shapers affix «gain X% of Phys as extra X damage», ppl were ok with that.

And then what did u do instead?

Oh lets just fcking nerf mask of the tribunal to the ground(1% block per 100 strength LOL), nerf a bunch of cluster jewels(which were alrdy expensive to purchase), and make it so that u cant stack all auras on 1 char(Nerfing not only aurabots, but EVERYONE STACKING AURAS, including summoners)

Gud job, mission accomplished Chris, just like u said u would leave aura stackers alone in the podcast interview
While you're at it, could you also remove Headhunter please? It's still too strong :)
Another round of nerfs is not what's going to bring you your playersbase back,GGG.
"
While you're at it, could you also remove Headhunter please? It's still too strong :)

I bet hh and i can do an almost garbage build all deli mape under divine farm. But when I take out hh and I play with Aurabot in the party, it's already bad... Because aurabot has to build a build for xxx ex and gets a part of the map drop to have a currency for character development.

Logic

Aurabots are crimes that destroy the game ...
Not bot flipers... not Goldfarmer... Aurabots are evil...
Even only one week public tests prior to patch mabey a day after notes would mitigate a lot of the confusion
As apposed to slow patch note roll out and Causing ppl to To stack rage. If the notes rub them wrong. at least it lets them work on fixing there builds if possible and allows for the devs to see a lot more potentially game breaking synergy and just broken mechanics as a whole Prior To Release (looking at harvest nerfs of the past that could have been soft tested before it caused the "power creep")
"
747shinigami wrote:
Even only one week public tests prior to patch mabey a day after notes would mitigate a lot of the confusion
"power creep")

The League is the public alpha/beta testing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info