Tempest Shield. The new favourite of low reservation auras?

i was going to say shock immunity is useless when it also gives spell block but i guess you can ignore shocking ground map mods for free
If Tempest Shield only does the blocking and shock defense stuff, I probably won't use it because block doesn't really prevent one-shots.
If it still deals damage on blocks, I will always use it because passive AFK damage.
"
If Tempest Shield only does the blocking and shock defense stuff, I probably won't use it because block doesn't really prevent one-shots.
If it still deals damage on blocks, I will always use it because passive AFK damage.
Yeah, they said it still does the zappy goodness, with more damage than before.
"

Yep but shock immunity does.
Having spell block is a nice bonus on top, that still needs to be determined (patch notes).
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3186390

"
Tempest Shield has been reworked to become a 25% Reservation Effect that provides a large amount of Spell Block as well as an Immunity to Shock. It no longer has “+3% Chance to Block Attack Damage while holding a Shield”. It now has “+18% Chance to Block Spell Damage while holding a Shield” at gem level 1, up to +25% at gem level 20 (previously +3% at all gem levels). It still has the property of shooting out Lightning on Block, and the Damage has been significantly buffed: Now has “Deals 38 to 115 Lightning Damage” at gem level 1 (previously 24 to 26), up to 896 to 2688 at gem level 20 (previously 284 to 426).

It is indeed now an interesting aura after the 3.16 update.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Damn. 25% is insane. I was expecting 10-15%. Getting real max spell block (not glancing blows) just became a lot less painful.
and melee ZzZzZzZz
Bet this gets nerfed in 3.17 down to like 15-18%. That's very, very strong at 25%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info