Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 1 - Flasks and Ailment Mitigation

Better than in 3.15, but still garbage. On bright side - pantheon now less useless.But so far it looks as if GGG have not learned their lesson.
Positive balance so far.
Maybe there is still hope for PoE.
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
Will probably just have a instant-life flask , a mana-flask , quick-silver and 2 random whatever (for curse and bleed).

All the changes basically mean nothing, you either have enough kill speed that you always have full charges or you dont and then you die.

During boss fights without spawns of monsters, you run out of flasks.

----

The entire duration and charges system is just dogshit.

Give flasks a cooldown and ditch the charges, decoupling that problem from kill speed.

It works good on the Ranger Pathfinder, and thats how all classes should enjoy flasks (to make Flasks a Pathfinder only thing is simply crappy design, as all classes will use flasks no matter what).

----

Having flasks for a speed-boost is fine.

Having life/mana flasks is fine.

Hybrid flasks are nice to safe space for flasks.

A Energy-Shield flask is something that could exist.
A flask that triggers protective abilities, maybe even with a level like a gem.

Could have Hybrid Life/Quicksilver flasks and all combinations instead.

----

Fiddling around with the flask-orbs was just annoying, as you had a non-functional flask set and this gets even worse now with them being gated behind iLvL requirements ... thats not an improvement, thats just making it worse.

----

The entire flask system as it is got flawed with the changes, and this doesnt seem to address these issues, instead just tunes some numbers to a flawed system to make it less painful, but flawed by design non the less.
Great changes but why is the fire mod the only one that removes the effect/ailment on use? We all gonna die to ailments if the flask mods don't actually remove them. Bleed/poison or running around with 50% shock.
Please make sure Steelskin removes Corrupted Blood or it will be completely pointless, since you'll need to have a source of Corrupted Blood immunity seperately...
I hope this doesn't mean that I can't have my Staunching Life flask anymore. I use this every league, every character.
"
Matahashi wrote:
Just ruined my charged dash build with all the extra reservation on purity of elements and tempest shield. cool. guess ill just go fuck myself

Get on it! Im sure you can find a way to fix it.
KenMan
Add new and improve existing passive skills specializing in the recovery of charges for life and mana Flasks as well as life recovery from Flasks in the Ranger section of the Passive Skill Tree. I like this one A lot Thank you
Please don't nerf aurabots and cursebots. There are already very little incentives for group play.
I'm mindblown by all these changes, nice!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info