Path of Exile: Scourge Teasers

"
TreeOfDead wrote:
i hope GGG wont kill economy...

The lack of players will make trade a ghost town
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
When an item does so little like sacred orbs, then why hide it behind such a rarity similar to mirror?

Its still a gamble if you get a good roll with them, so we players might never find it and if we do find one in 10 years, it might make the item worse?

Where is the fun in all of that, why add items that are not available for the normal person playing, yet making them so unpredictable?

The design philosophy is just not clear to me, who is your target group?
Random extra quality on gear bases: not a great idea.
No random extra quality on existing bases in Standard: even worse idea.

Sacred Orb is a solution to a problem that shouldn't exist. If you keep the random extra quality then Standard needs Sacred Orbs.
"
Some thoughts:

- In my honest opinion, you should take a break from league development and just hammer out PoE 2. The delays with the sequel are forcing the players to endure a flurry of spread out, negative balancing adjustment - which, I believe are predicated on PoE II. Everything we've seen changed in the last two development cycles appears - to me at least - to be power down-scaling accounting for new items, acendancies and every skill being a 6-link. You're making the players focus on the negative adjustments for many months without the bonuses to even things out. All stick and no carrot is not working out well.

- Five layers of breach stones? I have not ran even a regular breachstone on my own since legacy league. I've never used on of the enhanced ones. Ever. I just sell them all. I make more currency from that, and none of my characters can clear them fast enough to reach the boss regardless. I suppose you always want to challenge the top players - and you no doubt make good money from the streamer videos. But from my perspective, it all just begins to descend into parody after a point. I'll buy one to fill the socket on my tab and never run it. It reminds me of my kids running around playing. "I've got a star laser sword!" "Well I've for a NEUTRON star laser sword!"

- PoE needs some stability. I mostly play standard, and even there I feel like the product is in a perpetual beta state. Specific balance changes don't typically bother me - as I stopped trying to make expensive/powerful characters - but the fact that the game swings so wildly is bothersome. Some stability would be a wonderful thing - I would appreciate that a lot. I might even bother to make a good character. But, in the current system, trying for "aspiration content" is a poor use of my time - as a character capable of reaching that is very likely to be downgraded. I mostly just flip things on the trade-site, as this is the most "rewarding" play-style. And I never have to worry about it not working properly one day.

It's a very odd system PoE has going.

Odds are these league changes are being used to test the eventual systems they want for PoE 2.
IMHO The Catch should require much less cards to redeem, considering there's no guarantee the incubated item is any good, and you still have to equip said fishing rod to actually redeem the incubated item.
is about time to change the name of the game from Path of Exile to Path of RNGesus
Hype
"
Ygidua wrote:
When an item does so little like sacred orbs, then why hide it behind such a rarity similar to mirror?

Its still a gamble if you get a good roll with them, so we players might never find it and if we do find one in 10 years, it might make the item worse?

Where is the fun in all of that, why add items that are not available for the normal person playing, yet making them so unpredictable?

The design philosophy is just not clear to me, who is your target group?

It's quality that comes (RNG) as standard that you can iron out with some expensive items.

If it was super common, it would literally be the same as quality.
Hey GGG,

Still not coming back....something about a 20 year old game that hasn't gated all its shit behind layers and layers of rng, hours and hours and hours of grind, or hours and hours of trade, ohh and you can actually kill bosses in a reasonable amount of time....can't put my finger on it it though....

Good luck.
I would really like to comment on this, but they're removing comments that they deem are "needlessly negative". So I guess I'll just wish everyone a wonderful day.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info