Windows 11 Discussion Thread

11 rly bad and bugged as hell...
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
I’m not sure if I’ll install Win11. As much as I’m always interested in playing around with the shiny new thing, I don’t see myself daily driving Windows again - so the SSD space is difficult to justify. It’s probably been nearly ten years since I primarily or exclusively used Windows.

I’ve been using Solus for a while, but my recommendation for new Linux folks would have to be Pop!_OS. It being based on Ubuntu but with a team between you and Canonical to filter out their more questionable ideas will make for a very comfortable introduction to Linux.

If you try Pop!_OS and it’s not your thing visually, you can either install Cinnamon or KDE for a more familiar desktop paradigm, or use extensions such as Dash to Panel and Arc Menu to achieve the same effect. There’s pros and cons to both. Using Gnome extensions is probably more newbie friendly.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
ran the verification program, it said i can't upgrade to 11 with a local profile but have to open an operating system account in russia, no in china, no in america.

yeah, nty
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
jackof8lades wrote:
i just don't see a reason for now, everything on my pc runs fine as is with windows 10, ill upgrade eventually but i am in no rush.
As a matter of fact i think it's always good to w8 a few months with stuff like this.

I waited until the last month of free upgrade to Win 10 before I moved my (4) PCs to it.
I will do the same with Win 11.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
11 rly bad and bugged as hell...

Don't touch anything which doesn't have Service Pack 2 released for it (c) admin folklore
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
Windows 11 is downloading for me now - wish me luck :P
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
"
xjjanie wrote:

Good luck! Although I've also heard it performs better if you do a clean install instead of an upgrade from Windows 10. So maybe consider putting it in that way.

https://youtu.be/Z1iO7N22Um8
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
xjjanie wrote:

Good luck! Although I've also heard it performs better if you do a clean install instead of an upgrade from Windows 10. So maybe consider putting it in that way.

https://youtu.be/Z1iO7N22Um8

Clean install would be a PITA for me at the mo (no DVD drive and can't be arsed fecking about with a bootable USB).
😹😹😹😹😹
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
Now on Windows 11 and it hasn't exploded or imploded yet :)
😹😹😹😹😹
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
Terrible version of Windows, it's the new Windows 8. The taskbar rework is a joke, the requirements are a joke! Stay with Windows 10 until it's dead or switch to Linux. I've already switched to Linux completely. Just in case your worried, PoE runs just as well with Vulkan and Proton Experimental.
Last edited by Kellog on Nov 10, 2021, 8:02:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info