Our 3.16 Expansion Timeline

I think the cutting in half of the Atlas regions will potentially totally revitalize my desire to do some of the endgame grinds. I'm just anxious to know how exactly the atlas passive system will be affected. Will half of the atlas passives be gone or will these new 4 regions now gain more atlas passives in total? I'm hoping its the latter, I think having the maps be more rewarding in terms of both the longterm grind of conquerors and maven as well as the content available within will make the game better or at least the grind more tolerable.
"
I think the cutting in half of the Atlas regions will potentially totally revitalize my desire to do some of the endgame grinds. I'm just anxious to know how exactly the atlas passive system will be affected. Will half of the atlas passives be gone or will these new 4 regions now gain more atlas passives in total? I'm hoping its the latter, I think having the maps be more rewarding in terms of both the longterm grind of conquerors and maven as well as the content available within will make the game better or at least the grind more tolerable.

---

Although I understand the post IMO it completely misses the problems of 3.14 and 3.15. Think back to 3.13 - were many of us concerned about the Atlas grind? We were just cruising along and loving life with a ton of little goals every time we logged in. Completing the Atlas was a nice event, it only became a total pain in the ass when all the nerfs occurred. And remember, when the Atlas is whacked we will likely lose many of our favorite Atlas passives so be careful what you wish for.

Now that being said, sure most of the passives were gated to the end of the "grind" but that could have been fixed without a major Atlas rework. Anyway I only speak for myself but I suspect I am in the majority, we quit 3.15 because the "grind" was no longer fun not because it was too long.
Last edited by MrWonderful99 on Sep 28, 2021, 11:13:28 PM
I hope for better league and more fun/buffs to enjoy it.

Thanks GGG
"
MrWonderful99 wrote:
"

---

Although I understand the post IMO it completely misses the problems of 3.14 and 3.15. Think back to 3.13 - were many of us concerned about the Atlas grind? We were just cruising along and loving life with a ton of little goals every time we logged in. Completing the Atlas was a nice event, it only became a total pain in the ass when all the nerfs occurred. And remember, when the Atlas is whacked we will likely lose many of our favorite Atlas passives so be careful what you wish for.

Now that being said, sure most of the passives were gated to the end of the "grind" but that could have been fixed without a major Atlas rework. Anyway I only speak for myself but I suspect I am in the majority, we quit 3.15 because the "grind" was no longer fun not because it was too long.

I think you are underestimating the degree to which the maven passives ( which were novel in 3.13 ) devalued all of the gameplay between early maps and the gated passives themselves. In the initial maven launch league, you never had a chance to feel like you were 'missing' the passives because you had never earned them in the past. 3.14 was the first time when those passives were 'reset'.

Personally the passive gating has done more to suck the life out of the 'atlas grind' phase for me than the nerfs did. I am no fan of the nerfs, but for me they don't kick in as big issues until you hit a wall with a build, which, depending on how lucky your choice of league starts worked out, might be anywhere between act 1 on launch day, or deep into your second or third reroll 5 weeks in. If that coincided with your* atlas grind phase then I can see why you would think it was the primary problem, but that wasn't the case for everyone.
Last edited by bitskipper on Sep 29, 2021, 5:24:22 AM
Gamepad support please. Pleeeease :(
"
MrWonderful99 wrote:
"

---

Beyond that, GGG never gives without taking. And they'll take more whenever they can get away with it. I feel like they believe they need to prevent any player from completing everything or get to a point where they are not dying at all costs. So they introduce hacky measures like overwhelming 1 shot opportunities and overhanded nerfs in an effort to outplay the player.

If they were truly concerned about progression being too easy to overcome, they wouldn't have made trade more and more convenient over time. They shouldn't be punishing everyone just wanting to play the game for it.
"
MrWonderful99 wrote:
"

---

Uhmm..I'm going to go ahead and chime in here and say that yes....yes we were concerned about the state of the atlas grind in 3.13 and 3.14. I've hated the Atlas Grind since Conqueror's came out. The first league of it was "okay" (because it was new and that league mechanic sucked), but every since then it has felt like an endless slog. It takes entirely too long and then adding on top of it the new Maven stuff, its way too much.
Last edited by Alcsaar on Sep 29, 2021, 4:44:23 PM
for me was fine grind cause the game was easier just do the maps but after nerf everyone 40%, nerf flasks dmg and buff mobs 43% hp the game felt too much each 3 maps i was resting a bit maybe because i was using ice trap in the begin so need throw a lot of traps to kill stuff and need keep tracking poison/bleed/ignite/chill i was getting tired a lot, and if the 3.16 keep this dmg nerf and 43% more hp i will still get tired and quit earlier
the devs sometimes forget why poe need qol is because u farm thousands of maps to get currency if u only do maps 1 hour each day should be fine but try that 7+ hours each day so most of the players will just use meta build that can clear map faster with less clicks
Last edited by Mokurp on Sep 29, 2021, 6:36:32 PM
♪ ♫ . M u s i c I s T h e A n s w e r . ♫

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info