Winners of the Hideout Competition

"
Madmurphy123 wrote:
I wanted to firstly say I am still a little in shock with getting the top 20 let alone top 3.

I have read through a lot of comments, and I wanted to say my part.

Firstly I had not entered a competition for a very long time. I came into this league fairly late and my current hideout was a bit of a mess so I thought I would remake and then noticed the competition on so thought why not throw it in once I had created it.

The MTX within the hideout was really because I built this hideout for myself. I have worked on a new hideout almost every league but I build them because I enjoy building them, not for a purpose. So with the MTX I wanted to make a certain water elemental (MTX) themed hideout. I can however see people's frustration with the MTX/no MTX based results.

Yes I spend a lot on this game, but that is because I want to give back to the company that has given me thousands of hours of enjoyment over many years and it brings me a lot of joy.

After submitting my entry I honestly took a look at the 40 something pages of entries and thought wow some of these are incredible and so I genuinly didnt give it much thought after that because I was personally happy with the hideout for my personal mapping.

Sorry if people felt I should not have been up there, I am still in a bit of shock but I wanted to say you all are winners, some of the hideouts in my eyes look like blood, sweat and tears went into them!

Hate thze game, not the player. Not your fault.

BUT you could be the hero. Be part of the solution. Since you seem to be able to spend some money the prices (- maybe the forum avatar) are pretty irrevalnt to you. Refuse the price, chose a Ho YOU liked and wasnt even mentioned and declare it the winner.

What is ggg gonna do? Lose face? MAYBE dare even fucking write god 1 damn sentence..

Since GGG is literally refusing to have any conversation about those contests, you may be the only person to help the change. Embrace them and be the hero.

PS: I have no entry nor does a friend of mine. So nobody can accuse me of any vile intentions. I am just sick of tired of those amateurishy chaotic run contests since years with not 1 word of reaction ever.
Last edited by xardas149 on Sep 21, 2021, 5:39:52 PM
Gz to the winners, some really beautiful Hideouts in the top 20.

My favourite one though was Navali's Lost Swamp by LeShor.
https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/3641/title/Navali's%20Lost%20Swamp
amazing hideouts!
"All that fancy sword swinging when all you need is one good stab."
Great performance to all, all hideouts was realy nice, congrats and keep the good work upp
Last edited by WarhawkOfficial on Sep 22, 2021, 4:22:47 AM
Guidelines

Your hideout must be created after the release of the Expedition expansion.
Hideouts that have previously been featured in the Hideout Showcase news series or submitted to the Hideout Showcase forum are not eligible for entry.
Your hideout must be your own work.
Your hideout must be safe to showcase (nothing lewd or offensive).
Submit your hideout from the account that the hideout is on. Please leave the hideout intact until the judging is complete, so that we can check it.
Multiple submissions are welcome and encouraged!

Competition Times

The competition starts at the time of this post and will end on Sunday the 12th of September at 10pm PDT (or Sep 13, 2021 5:00 AM (GMT) in your local time). Submissions made after this time will not be counted.

We'll announce the winners sometime in the days following this date. Winners will be chosen based on creativity and how well they've represented their chosen theme. To keep it fair, we will be selecting a mixture of hideouts with hideout decoration microtransactions and those without. To help you prepare, we're also running a week-long sale on Hideout Decorations!

Best of luck to everyone participating! We can't wait to see what you come up with!

So just pulled this from youre Post GGG basically went to Hideout.com and there is ppl who have posted a creation way before the "expedition league" like you stated in the rules and you allowed them to win, on top of this you say "to keep things fair" yet you disregard Console players where was the console winners? it takes alot more time and effort on console than on a PC where you can basically just click and place with PC and you said youre taking a selection of MTX and non MTX why isnt the competition split into 3 segments.... MTX Andy's Non MTX Andy's and Console Andy's like me, also calling someone a Andy isnt offensive,

Anyways i think you are clearing neglecting alot off different aspects of of the community and allowing people to break the rules and then announcing them as a winner is kinda a slap in the face for some ppl personally i made a amazing hideout and it doesnt even look like its been looked at and i put alot of hours in it, and its a dam sight better than some of the winners, and atleast mine was made "THIS SEASON" like the rules stated just like the handling of the game, the handling of patches, the handling of the community AGAIN this has been a poor show by GGG but its becoming a running theme now and the "norm" id be shocked if i had seen anything different at this point now
"
Guidelines

Your hideout must be created after the release of the Expedition expansion.
Hideouts that have previously been featured in the Hideout Showcase news series or submitted to the Hideout Showcase forum are not eligible for entry.
Your hideout must be your own work.
Your hideout must be safe to showcase (nothing lewd or offensive).
Submit your hideout from the account that the hideout is on. Please leave the hideout intact until the judging is complete, so that we can check it.
Multiple submissions are welcome and encouraged!

Competition Times

The competition starts at the time of this post and will end on Sunday the 12th of September at 10pm PDT (or Sep 13, 2021 5:00 AM (GMT) in your local time). Submissions made after this time will not be counted.

We'll announce the winners sometime in the days following this date. Winners will be chosen based on creativity and how well they've represented their chosen theme. To keep it fair, we will be selecting a mixture of hideouts with hideout decoration microtransactions and those without. To help you prepare, we're also running a week-long sale on Hideout Decorations!

Best of luck to everyone participating! We can't wait to see what you come up with!

So just pulled this from youre Post GGG basically went to Hideout.com and there is ppl who have posted a creation way before the "expedition league" like you stated in the rules and you allowed them to win, on top of this you say "to keep things fair" yet you disregard Console players where was the console winners? it takes alot more time and effort on console than on a PC where you can basically just click and place with PC and you said youre taking a selection of MTX and non MTX why isnt the competition split into 3 segments.... MTX Andy's Non MTX Andy's and Console Andy's like me, also calling someone a Andy isnt offensive,

Anyways i think you are clearing neglecting alot off different aspects of of the community and allowing people to break the rules and then announcing them as a winner is kinda a slap in the face for some ppl personally i made a amazing hideout and it doesnt even look like its been looked at and i put alot of hours in it, and its a dam sight better than some of the winners, and atleast mine was made "THIS SEASON" like the rules stated just like the handling of the game, the handling of patches, the handling of the community AGAIN this has been a poor show by GGG but its becoming a running theme now and the "norm" id be shocked if i had seen anything different at this point now

Just let you now that the "Hideout Showcase news series" was the old videoblog like thing when they show a few hideouts randomly time to time like hideouts of the week and stuff like this the "Hideout Showcase forum" is not the "https://hideoutshowcase.com/" becouse this is a 3rd party website and do nothing with the offical thing , the offical one is https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/hideouts. If you work on a Hideout what is an old project of your's but released for the comp even if its a 1-4 year of whatever old thing but you never showed on the offical website and post it for the comp thats still count as a legit hideout if you make like 100 hideout and never post any of that in the offical website but you finish them in the current league where they announce the comp than you have 100 submission for it. So ye the the one hideout/Account and ip rule should be a thing , the no-Mtx and Mtx user hideouts should be judged separately i think 90% of the playerbase agree on this , also would much easier for everyone if the game would have creativ mod even if just for the comp so everyone could build what they want than only creativity will turly count than , but ofcourse people alwasy be biased by things and act like kids if things dosen't go as they want so in that case dosen't matter what GGG change there alwasy be people who won't be happy with it.

Last edited by SoLPoe on Sep 22, 2021, 7:26:34 AM
This is absurd.

We all saw old ho like azuretech posted while ago and you know it too, don't have a bad liver.
Like he said in title or comments "rework or reedition" something like that, it is clearly a breach of the rule that they themselves do not respect and put it on top.
Don't play with words or rules cause the first rules they SAID is "Your hideout must be created after the release of the Expedition expansion", ok you can store a ho if you did it before the launch of the expedition and you can propose it, no one will know it has been done before expe, its only on your computer, but when are there any ho's already seen everywhere else that some players had already downloaded it for months and were playing with? Everyone knows it's a breach of the rule.
This is absurd.

Like we saw Max34 ho being in 5th place at the last competition and now 4th with near the same creation but smaller and less visually striking ? wtf ? need to see ???

go compare :

https://imgur.com/a/fE8Tr5F#n4zWHdC last comp

https://imgur.com/a/BtJVpmL#9gQ5GO7 now

The constructions are the same.

( nothing personal or attack to the person, demonic crypt was insane, just wtf judgdment ggg they did to put near the same design of the same owner in top again ? ) in this case, i should have done another ho dracula or on a different basis and left in comment the reward i want directly ? Absurd again. It's a shame and a lack of respect for the creations of other players who have tried to renew themselves, to find other ideas.

" all of the creative and impressive hideouts" they said. Not copy past. Less effort for judgment.

They said "To keep it fair, we will be selecting a mixture of hideouts with hideout decoration microtransactions and those without."
Nah it's not true.

FAIR, do you know what is this word ? FAIR remember my first word of the azuretech rework on top.... Fair they said.

This is a truncated judgment that ggg does not even want to deign to talk about of which they neglect their own rules.

More than these two ho on top, according to YOUR rules should not be, you have twice rewarded their creators! What a lack of respect for others.

So, have recaps, have two ho's on top, one is the same one posted months ago, the other has the same design put on top in the old competition. two absurd decision.
ho in dubious top on the creative side, is it enough to put down your decorations and make a mass of light, little real work of the floors, walls, but a few pretty things in the therm of light, that's all?

a lot of top ho whose theme has already been taken up over and over again (creatively they said) unlike some creations like "Kalguuran Hall" which is just beautiful in its theme, when I saw it my reaction was like (wow that's top 5 minimum!) how can we miss the details that are inside unlike this cluster of decoration which is in top 1?
They will tell me that it is the tastes and the colors ok, but where is the judgment on the work provided? once again the judgment on the creative?

Create a few things detailed in your theme or just rock a tones of mtx and light to have something cool visually only? on a competition where they even do not respect their rules and talk about being creative!

I'm totally lost with their state of mind, like many others who have been disappointed with recent massive nerfs.
For my part, I am no longer there and I am in total incomprehension.

It goes without saying that we are waiting for answers from GGG concerning the breach of the rules and on what basis do they judge the ho to the point of putting a copy past ho in top.
Last edited by LeShor on Sep 22, 2021, 9:29:12 AM
"
SoLPoe wrote:

Just let you now that the "Hideout Showcase news series" was the old videoblog like thing when they show a few hideouts randomly time to time like hideouts of the week and stuff like this the "Hideout Showcase forum" is not the "https://hideoutshowcase.com/" becouse this is a 3rd party website and do nothing with the offical thing , the offical one is https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/hideouts.

Imagine the salvating argument is "but but but it doesnt count as released before because 3 party website!!!111self" when we talk about ggg and poe by extention. Like this game literally runs on third party websites only xd

For the record, I think the rule was always dumb. You build a HO and since tracking of dates is a thing, it is rather obvious to clarify how the creator truly was if realeased in the normal channels (youtube, hideoutshowcase, reddit). If you never put that into a contest, there is little to say against putting it into the race. But that is not the rule as written.

Point is, they never clarified shit and just how the word is written, Auretech is literally a breach of rules. You can interpret it your way, but factual that is nowhere written and the way it is phrased might have prevented user from summiting which literally invalidates the legitimaisation of a contest.

The fact that GGG is just ignoring very basic requests and is clearly abusing the contest as a marketing tool (that tana lab ho is insulting as a winner in how low of an effort is put there, just showcased to sell the tileset...) doesnt help to ease people in letting things slide.
Last edited by xardas149 on Sep 22, 2021, 11:54:51 AM
Hopefully this brings some smiles and showing in my opinion a cool hideout.

This was my favorite hideout and it is mine. Has even deep story behind it what even will influence future Path of Exile. Sadly this hideout didn't got any placement.

Hideout showcase is 2min 30s. Story telling to 6:40 after that doesn't matter because I saw some people basically broke the rule where I explain few minutes but it comes out it doesn't matter I guess. :D
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1129884244 <-----Hideout video or something.

Just showing this again here to give new ideas and care less about this competition.(I put many hours into mine it sucks that they don't rate well but what we can do. Just not to compete). :(
This was my last submission because I see the same or super similar hideouts win from previous one.
GGG my favorite company but this was poor competition like last time. :(

{Forgot to mention why the hole in the ground. Because it's hard to find a proper decent place to be. So there was cave/hole and they threw trash into while cleaning the place to block the hole}.
I would say smart way to fill up the empty middle of the room space from the hideout. P: The same with the petals. (^_^)

And I have read every comment from this forum page and I agree with ~80% of them.

I really like minimalistic dark hideouts because I'm always in a dark room and some hideouts were bright and I wouldn't be able to use them. (^_^)
R.I.P Storm Rain.

GGs people. Some of the hideouts were top notch. Even what didn't got here. I watched 70% of those. Some where really interesting and unique.
I got some new ideas. Thanks. P:

Sorry for bad English in "stream video" and here.

Have a nice day and stay sane. : ^)
(I keep lurking here though).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info