Winners of the Hideout Competition

Wow! Love the level of creativity! Will there be another competition like this?
Be Quick, or Be Dead
"
CauldronGeal wrote:
Guys heres little guide for win:

Dark hideout is necessary, light effects do great work.

Flat hideouts like nebula or abyss would make work much easier

Put as many mtx as you can(it doesn't matter they dont fit to your theme)

They like to click Z and see wall of text so put many decorations.

Dont force you to create something new (they like nebula with mechanism, symmetrical hideouts, dark red theme etc)

Its not hideout competition is about to do pretty location so put masters somewhere on map or cover they with rock.

So next time just make one hideout and change your nick fork SolPoe or Synopsis (you guys do great work not sacrasm here)

As I had already found that their ranking was nonsense during the previous competition I did not even want to participate in this one But as a creator I also wanted to point out :
Have a look on LeShor work :
"Dark hideout, light effects, symmetrical hideouts, dark red theme" https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/3639/title/Baphomet%20Irae
"wall of text so put many decorations, mechanism"
https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/3640/title/Tesla%20Tower

So that doesn't seem to be only that...

What GGG??? Damn take a closer look!
Kalguuran Hall by Susihukka5 at the 17th place???
Endless Sands Hideout by Synopsis at the 10th place???
They deserve better ranking!
ect...
But seriously what do you base yourself on to make your choices? You let kids choose for you or what?
Last edited by Maxibestov on Sep 21, 2021, 11:51:17 AM
So..

In rules i could see we need to show screenshots, but all the winners made videos.

GGG.
10th place is a typo, it should be "Desert Caravan" by Synopsis. Endless sands is a hideout base aka tileset.
"
Susihukka5 wrote:
I'm happy to see that many of you liked my Kalguuran Hall. Thanks GGG for making hideout competitions even thought feedback for these events is always lit like reddit. :-D

You reap what you sow.

Like this is not the first contest, the community has made abudanly clear times and times again they are unhappy how those contets are run. You cannot blame people for having no chill if ggg cannot even put the lowest trainee(the guy you barely trust enough to make coffee) in their company hierachy to even attempt communicating.

I mean they LITERALLY never even put 2 min effort to explain the details of their bizar rules. Like since it is comming up, the "has to be made in this league". It is obv a really really bad idea to "prevent" coping old HO instead of naming the culprit by name. But there isnt even clarification. If I experimented a bit and build something a while ago and no finished it this league, would it even be against the rule? It all doesnt make sense at all.

The community has stated millions of times they want seperate categories of mtx and non-mtx. The community has stated again and again they want some proper judging and not this big drop "well he are the rankings, now chock on them".

Act with utter disregard for years and tell me how people will react to you if you still refuse to even answer any of it.

Last edited by xardas149 on Sep 21, 2021, 1:05:10 PM
When is this "competition" gona turn into what it really is?

wich is a "Lottery to win competition"

most hideouts that win and comes top 5 are a joke.. and tomatoes into the face of people who actualy make realy skilled hideouts that takes hours and hours to make.

Go to hideout showcase and search for "pirates of caribbean" i made this quite fast but i guess it would not have been top 50 in theese lottery lists.
So two giant door and then just put water all over and get 3th lol
YoketheJoker
WTF, I Dont sanna name any names but some of the winners hideout feel unrigged, like fuck all this if i lose to those hasha
YoketheJoker
I wanted to firstly say I am still a little in shock with getting the top 20 let alone top 3.

I have read through a lot of comments, and I wanted to say my part.

Firstly I had not entered a competition for a very long time. I came into this league fairly late and my current hideout was a bit of a mess so I thought I would remake and then noticed the competition on so thought why not throw it in once I had created it.

The MTX within the hideout was really because I built this hideout for myself. I have worked on a new hideout almost every league but I build them because I enjoy building them, not for a purpose. So with the MTX I wanted to make a certain water elemental (MTX) themed hideout. I can however see people's frustration with the MTX/no MTX based results.

Yes I spend a lot on this game, but that is because I want to give back to the company that has given me thousands of hours of enjoyment over many years and it brings me a lot of joy.

After submitting my entry I honestly took a look at the 40 something pages of entries and thought wow some of these are incredible and so I genuinly didnt give it much thought after that because I was personally happy with the hideout for my personal mapping.

Sorry if people felt I should not have been up there, I am still in a bit of shock but I wanted to say you all are winners, some of the hideouts in my eyes look like blood, sweat and tears went into them!

Last edited by Madmurphy123 on Sep 21, 2021, 4:24:08 PM
"
Madmurphy123 wrote:
I wanted to firstly say I am still a little in shock with getting the top 20 let alone top 3.

I have read through a lot of comments, and I wanted to say my part.

Firstly I had not entered a competition for a very long time. I came into this league fairly late and my current hideout was a bit of a mess so I thought I would remake and then noticed the competition on so thought why not throw it in once I had created it.

The MTX within the hideout was really because I built this hideout for myself. I have worked on a new hideout almost every league but I build them because I enjoy building them, not for a purpose. So with the MTX I wanted to make a certain water elemental (MTX) themed hideout. I can however see people's frustration with the MTX/no MTX based results.

Yes I spend a lot on this game, but that is because I want to give back to the company that has given me thousands of hours of enjoyment over many years and it brings me a lot of joy.

After submitting my entry I honestly took a look at the 40 something pages of entries and thought wow some of these are incredible and so I genuinly didnt give it much thought after that because I was personally happy with the hideout for my personal mapping.

Sorry if people felt I should not have been up there, I am still in a bit of shock but I wanted to say you all are winners, some of the hideouts in my eyes look like blood, sweat and tears went into them!

It's not your fault that this competition has a bad rating system.

The event itself, instead of encouraging the active and talented, turned simply into a dilution of news about MTX and the distribution of obsolete MTX as a reward (exclude the special awards for the top 5).

Perhaps a wave of discontent will force the organizers to lay out a list with a mention of worthy candidates, perhaps even with consolation prizes in the form of unnecessary / outdated head attachments.
my hideouts - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3228515

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info