👻3.20👻 Kay's Summoner💥SRS Bomber💀Poison SRS💀Melee SRS🕷️Spiders💀Skeleton Mages

Is a 3.19 version coming for melee srs guardian version? I'd love to play this version of the melee srs build for my league start and take it further into full endgame
"
Torguemada wrote:
"
"
popochka wrote:

Speaking of that, is the unholy might now provided by "Unnatural Strength" completely worthless? Isn't that still 30% moar damage for SRS not explodey?

Since all Srs damage converted to fire damage - no. It's bad option. Cuz you will not scale this up, you will scale either phys or magic damage.

but scaling-up phys damage scales-ep the chaos damage from unholy might, right?

Yap, but this node force you to scale only phys damage, which is dead-end road for necro ascendancy and srs in particular.

If you play any of srs you wanna scale phys and elemental damage (chaos are not elemental), when slap for example hatred on top of it and get damage from both phys and elemental scaling again and as addition for cold damage from hatred it self, when once again slap on top of all this Fleshcrafter and push your damage even further. And so on. You have no good options to scale up that chaos damage you will get from ascendancy.

I'm not pretend on the greater connoisseur role and may be wrong, but in raw numbers unholy might is bullshit, what do not worth ascendancy points at all. Too hard to scale this up, if you compare it to other sources of damage. In my opinion it's better to pick Barrier or Bringer, when take this node.
Hey Kay, i overlooked once again ascendancies and BLAH.

Why we should choose between Necro and Guardian if we have Scion to pick up both Onslaught and Offering?

We also have will have cheap variaint to go further - buy cheap forbidden for Tailwind for example, or buy it for Offering. And also have choice to respec later to go from ether witch or guardian.
Last edited by DontRepairYourselfMind on Aug 16, 2022, 5:17:09 PM
"
Hey Kay, i overlooked once again ascendancies and BLAH.

Why we should choose between Necro and Guardian if we have Scion to pick up both Onslaught and Offering?

We also have will have cheap variaint to go further - buy cheap forbidden for Tailwind for example, or buy it for Offering. And also have choice to respec later to go from ether witch or guardian.

Necro still gets 100% increased minion damage and a bunch of minion survivability. I think people are overlooking how important minion survivability will be next league. ESPECIALLY during league start since your minions will have ~30% less HP when you get into maps compared to last league.

Remove Unnatural strength and they'll have ~50% less hp.
Meanwhile Von Vikton claims that this patch is "The minion league"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4TOrs6K1s8
"
Deadandlivin wrote:

Necro still gets 100% increased minion damage and a bunch of minion survivability. I think people are overlooking how important minion survivability will be next league. ESPECIALLY during league start since your minions will have ~30% less HP when you get into maps compared to last league.

You overestimate damage and Necro ascendancy.
You forgot one core thing why years ago all start picking Necro over other ascendancies.

This thing is self Offering, cuz it give BIG survivability boost and allowing to max block. As for now we do not even need offering to max block.
Now, then we do not have that much desired +2 free lvls, this %inc damage not so important. Guardian/scion will have the same or better dps, better utility and also will be more casual friendly.
Same history, as for damage, for minion survivability, you wanna have it only then you play spectres, but spectres are currently DED, no chance you can play it without struggles, when you play other minions - you do not care about minions sruvivability, you can just resummon them.

Just let necro go, it not must go minion ascendancy now, it's now severely limited to a few builds.
Scion or Guardian are all-round now, they have same or better defensive capabilities and same or better damage. And Occultist or Ele for specific builds like golems and poison minions.

"
tom19720930 wrote:

Yep, exatcly what i'm talking about and we talk about few pages ago.
Last edited by DontRepairYourselfMind on Aug 16, 2022, 7:34:12 PM
Nice build nice voice, )))
"
"
Deadandlivin wrote:

You overestimate damage and Necro ascendancy.
You forgot one core thing why years ago all start picking Necro over other ascendancies.

This thing is self Offering, cuz it give BIG survivability boost and allowing to max block. As for now we do not even need offering to max block.
Now, then we do not have that much desired +2 free lvls, this %inc damage not so important. Guardian/scion will have the same or better dps, better utility and also will be more casual friendly.
Same history, as for damage, for minion survivability, you wanna have it only then you play spectres, but spectres are currently DED, no chance you can play it without struggles, when you play other minions - you do not care about minions sruvivability, you can just resummon them.

Just let necro go, it not must go minion ascendancy now, it's now severely limited to a few builds.
Scion or Guardian are all-round now, they have same or better defensive capabilities and same or better damage. And Occultist or Ele for specific builds like golems and poison minions.

"
tom19720930 wrote:

Yep, exatcly what i'm talking about and we talk about few pages ago.

Yes, the main reason why you pick Necro is Mistress to get block cap. I'm not saying it isn't. What I am saying is that, despite Necro getting access to Mistress, it still provides more minion damage and survivability than other ascendencies in most cases. It just gets more dmg than other ascendancies.

In some cases, specific builds don't get enough attackspeed from gear et.c. during which guardian can be slightly stronger. But honestly, almost all builds I've gone through edge out with Necromancer still. Not as much as previously, but the damage numbers are just better. Add minion survivability, 50% duration and Mistress on top of that and you see why Necromancer still will be superior for most minion builds.

The cases I can see for other ascendancies are:
1. Guardian: League start or very early on. Guardian has slightly more dps than Necro due to having access to Intimidate/Unnerve. When a Necromancer gets access to Awakened Melee Phys or Unnerve gloves for AG et.c. Necro numbers start surpassing Guardian numbers. Necro also get access to FAR better Forbidden Jewel for the lategame.
2. Elementalist: The superior Golem class for lategame elemental golems. If you're running Flame/Lightning/Conversion type golems, Elementalist have better scaling lategame due to Mastermind of Discord and +2 Golems. Can also get Mistress for block defensive layers lategame. Pretty weak early game though due to lack of defensive layers. Maybe Glancing Blows with life on block shield would work(?)
3. Occultist: Good for Chaos minions that have very poor clearspeed. The only reason I see for picking Occultist is you're some sort of Chaos/Cold build with bad clearspeed. In those cases, Profane Bloom will hard carry your build. Other than that, I don't see much use for Occultist. +1 Curse is whatever, 99% of minion builds get +1 curse from their AG if they want to run 2 curses. Malediction is pretty nice though.
4. Ascendant: Just looks like a scuffed Necromancer to me. I think there's a place for Ascendants if you run Deadeye for Tailwind since it's a more multiplier. 25% increased effect of marks is also pretty good.
If you can make use of the 5 extra skill points and you're very suffix pressured the 40 extra Dex can be very helpful. Scion is also very strong if you need alot of free Jewel slots since you can pick up 2 extra for free in the middle.
But in general, Necro just gives far more than Scions. It simply has more damage modifiers which results in more damage. If you can make use of the 5 extra skillpoints to overcome the dmg loss of going Scion, then sure. But I don't think many builds can.

Don't know what you're talking about when you say that summoners don't care about minion survivability. If you play any sort of Golem, Zombie, Spectre or Animate Guardian you care alot about minion survival.
Not everyone wants to play Animate Weapon or SRS.
"
Pjey wrote:
Is a 3.19 version coming for melee srs guardian version? I'd love to play this version of the melee srs build for my league start and take it further into full endgame

Yes! I'm working on the guide now. I just finished levelling up a new guardian to maps to make sure the build is working for league start. Very smooth and nice to play thanks to +40% ias and ms. SRS is definitely better on Guardian now. Endgame version is also pretty good.
🔰🌀✨ Video guides on youtube! https://www.youtube.com/KayGaming ✨🌀🔰
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
Hello, I'm thinking about trying out the carrion golems explodey AG build as league start for 3.19. Is there anything I should watch out for in the new patch?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info