👻3.20👻 Kay's Summoner💥SRS Bomber💀Poison SRS💀Melee SRS🕷️Spiders💀Skeleton Mages

"
kayella wrote:
"
vladimars wrote:
Is that the updated pob on the summon skele mage post? I was trying to decide between animate weapon (either your physical version or the hear the whispers chaos version) and skele mages. Looks like for your builds the animate weapon had more damage, I imagine faster clear, and probably more tankiness?

Nevermind, found the updated one.

Instead of enfeeble for a defensive curse, what do you think of punishment? Enfeeble does 15% less damage for bosses (*.33 due to curse reduction) so 5%. (25% increased effect from ashes and 20 quality makes it 6.25%)
Punishment gives debilitate when they hit (including your minions) for 10% less damage done. So better (conditionally) then enfeeble, and gives damage as well.

Would you still recommend skele's over animate weapons?

I think it's 8.25%? 66% reduced + 25% increased = 41% reduced. There's also 10% doom per seconds. So it's 11% reduced in long fights. 13.3% less damage. :)

AW has more dps in POB but the mechanic is super clunky. you need 1. bladefall 2. mana flask 3. AW summon one by one. After that it's good for about 1min. AW also has the body block problem. If you watch my video carefully, you can see some AW doing nothing in the boss fight.

If you die in a boss fight with arena. eg maven. you probably lost that fight because it's so hard to resummon. I think AW needs some 'expert' playing skill. imagine when AW despawn in Sirus last phase... (happened to me)

Skele mages is the best all round. Good damage. good tankiness. Easy to resummon. but I think it's clunky for mapping becaus you need to re-cast them a lot and they have a cast delay.

What do you want to do with your build? Are you 'good' at dodging stuff? All the builds have pro/cons. Actually I prefer spectres because they are fast clearing but the build is kinda squishy :)

Edit: I'm working on a new update skele build for 3.18 right now

I think curse is Less not reduced. so (1+.25(50 qual) +.30 (doom after 3 seconds)* (1-.66 (boss reduction))=51.66%
or for enfeeble a max of 7.75%.
Punishment should have good uptime with a wall of minions, and give a rather large dps boost sub 50%.

Other question, why convocation? just for moving spectres and AG? Since the skeletons don't get affected by convocation they don't get the life regen buff (Or at least two leagues ago when I tested it minions that didn't listen to your commands (whispers, skeles) didn't get the hp regen. Was wondering about dropping convocation for a raise zombie gem, and then maybe hitting a taunt ghastly eye into the build. Stone golem taunts, but its on a 6 second cd with a 50% uptime, putting a jewel in would help when vaal skele's is going, plus zombies, spectres, and AG. Was trying to figure out which skill gem to drop, but most seem important and I wouldn't want to lose the implicit of a ring. Maybe 1 of the two lifetaps could be dropped since we run an enduring mana flask?

Since adding in punishment and taunt is two 10% less done by enemies mods, which helps add a decent chunk of mitigation.
"
vladimars wrote:
I think curse is Less not reduced. so (1+.25(50 qual) +.30 (doom after 3 seconds)* (1-.66 (boss reduction))=51.66%
or for enfeeble a max of 7.75%.
Punishment should have good uptime with a wall of minions, and give a rather large dps boost sub 50%.

Other question, why convocation? just for moving spectres and AG? Since the skeletons don't get affected by convocation they don't get the life regen buff (Or at least two leagues ago when I tested it minions that didn't listen to your commands (whispers, skeles) didn't get the hp regen. Was wondering about dropping convocation for a raise zombie gem, and then maybe hitting a taunt ghastly eye into the build. Stone golem taunts, but its on a 6 second cd with a 50% uptime, putting a jewel in would help when vaal skele's is going, plus zombies, spectres, and AG. Was trying to figure out which skill gem to drop, but most seem important and I wouldn't want to lose the implicit of a ring. Maybe 1 of the two lifetaps could be dropped since we run an enduring mana flask?

Since adding in punishment and taunt is two 10% less done by enemies mods, which helps add a decent chunk of mitigation.

Oh, yes. boss mod is 'less'. Thanks for reminding me. It's funny because I used Punishment in the original build version but I forgot why :)))

I thought convocation is good for moving AG around. A lot of people are scared of losing their AG. but actually I've taken it out of the 3.18 build. I'm recording now and hopefully I can finish the guide soon. It's a much bigger guide this time because I'm including league start -> endgame.
🔰🌀✨ Video guides on youtube! https://www.youtube.com/KayGaming ✨🌀🔰
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
Didn't played minions 2-3 leagues so I don't know the main differences.

I can't decide between Arakali Spiders versus Animate Weapon.

Which one will be better at next league?
"
luckstar53 wrote:

Spider is the better build generally.
AW is much more budget friendly though.

Both feel pretty Pepeg to play. Spider feels much better though.
AW is a pretty cheap build generallyand you get alot of dps/tankiness for yoru currency. But damn does Animate Weapon feel bad to play.
If you like the playstyle Animate Weapon is better due to how cheap it is.
Last edited by Deadandlivin on May 7, 2022, 1:52:37 PM
i managed to make it to wave 30 sim with my skelemage build. i died but still made it to 30. when the big bosses spawn i would get hit with a wave of some sort and couldn't see it coming due to all the mass chaos and graphic bloat onscreen that made it impossible to see anything. 48 vaal skeletons, 11 mages, 10 zombies, skitterbots, stone golem, and AG makes for a massive screen of chaotic mess. most map bosses i can just stand in one place while minions decimate everything. really glad i upgraded my pc lol

looking forward to the uber bosses in 3.18 if we get them in standard too. at least they might be a challenge for this build lol

in the end, GGG really needs to give some options to turn some of the graphic bloat off. it becomes way too much.
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
For your 3.18 skelly mage build please incorporate aegis and melding of the flesh. I heard with melding we'd need a crap ton of resists on gear but someone said just use purity of elements to help with that
Last edited by TheChosenOne_ on May 7, 2022, 6:47:46 PM
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
For your 3.18 skelly mage build please incorporate aegis and melding of the flesh. I heard with melding we'd need a crap ton of resists on gear but someone said just use purity of elements to help with that

I'm thinking to add this as a short guide for all builds :) But the first guide will be more focus on lower budget/easy to get (hopefully!) gear.
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
"
spaceace7373 wrote:
when the big bosses spawn i would get hit with a wave of some sort and couldn't see it coming due to all the mass chaos and graphic bloat onscreen that made it impossible to see anything.

Omni does a big leapslam thing with a big spikey aoe.

Kosis casts mines on the ground that detonate when you walk over them. Looks like a wave that get biggers. I think you stepped on one :P
"
luckstar53 wrote:

My honest opinion is play spiders. AW mechanic is super clunky :P

I like HoP + spiders because I don't mind dying :P It was my main for 4 leagues 40/40.

Pure spiders is much tankier but less DPS. I made a cyclone spider necro that's even easier to play too.
"
kayella wrote:
"
luckstar53 wrote:

My honest opinion is play spiders. AW mechanic is super clunky :P

I like HoP + spiders because I don't mind dying :P It was my main for 4 leagues 40/40.

Pure spiders is much tankier but less DPS. I made a cyclone spider necro that's even easier to play too.

You have a HoP/Spider build? i think i just see pure spiders in your lists.

Nevermind, i see it under 3.15 builds.
Last edited by vladimars on May 8, 2022, 12:03:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info