[3.20] 💥 Velyna's Explosive Concoction 💥 Leaguestart | Smooth Clear and Bossing | Deathless Feared

Pretty good ideas! Thanks!
Sigh... Now I'm back to "what to get first to get the most out of the 5 Divines I have left".

Probably the Awalkened Elemental Focus (didn't think about that yet): -2 Divines
+ A fitting Skin of the Lords since sockets don't match anymore: -x Divines depending on if I get elemental overload again or something else because maybe Precise Technique.
The Ancestral Protector since it's more damage with no side effect: -1 Divine

And that's probably it then. :D

Edit: Nope! Has to be Elemental Overload. I have 4400 health and 3800 accuracy.
Last edited by Vacoh on Sep 22, 2022, 6:27:00 PM
"
I've made up for the damage loss by taking precise technique (same, 40% damage) and my EC is now level 32 without +2 amulet and these two changes gave me a significant damage boost (because I'm using awakened elemental focus, which is by far the best EC support, any shock greatly helps) and I have some more ideas in my mind to increase it further, such as wither belt enchant that reduces all enemy res by 6% and awakened enhance 5 for phantasmal ancestral protector (this alternate gem is MASSIVE for the build, even without enhance so get it if you don't have).

So let me get this straight, ele focus should be in replacing gv right? or i'm not understanding something? if that's the case that would improve my damage overall right?

"
ZaszJäger wrote:
"
I've made up for the damage loss by taking precise technique (same, 40% damage) and my EC is now level 32 without +2 amulet and these two changes gave me a significant damage boost (because I'm using awakened elemental focus, which is by far the best EC support, any shock greatly helps) and I have some more ideas in my mind to increase it further, such as wither belt enchant that reduces all enemy res by 6% and awakened enhance 5 for phantasmal ancestral protector (this alternate gem is MASSIVE for the build, even without enhance so get it if you don't have).

So let me get this straight, ele focus should be in replacing gv right? or i'm not understanding something? if that's the case that would improve my damage overall right?

I don't use GV because I have deadeye forbidden jewels and with the additional projectile from deadeye notable, GV isn't worth it anymore. I forgot to mention that part in the earlier reply. If you don't have it, you can keep using gv+gmp. I'm not sure whether awakened ele focus is worth it without deadeye jewels, I'll calculate it and edit my comment

Also, if you're using GMP+GV, make sure you have at least 26% increased aoe, and more preferably 37% aoe, to get max overlaps on your projectiles
"
auspexa wrote:
"
ZaszJäger wrote:
"

I'm not sure whether awakened ele focus is worth it without deadeye jewels, I'll calculate it and edit my comment

It is! On lvl 5 it brings me from 1M ish DPS to almost 1.3M DPS if I socket it instead of Inspiration. And neither do I have Deadeye nor anything else. Could become a problem with mana costs though. I'm using Greater Volley though.
Also: The Deadeye jewels always get more expensive instead of less. Forbidden Flame alone now is at 20+ Divines. So that's probably the absolute last thing you are going to get for this build.

Last edited by Vacoh on Sep 23, 2022, 10:22:18 AM
"
Vacoh wrote:

It is! On lvl 5 it brings me from 1M ish DPS to almost 1.3M DPS if I socket it instead of Inspiration. And neither do I have Deadeye nor anything else. Could become a problem with mana costs though. I'm using Greater Volley though.
Also: The Deadeye jewels always get more expensive instead of less. Forbidden Flame alone now is at 20+ Divines. So that's probably the absolute last thing you are going to get for this build.

Anomalous GMP and reduced mana cost exarch implicit on helmets with ring crafts take care of mana. I've never used inspiration and my skill costs 0 mana anyway. I would probably use it if I was playing crit version though, which I really want to try

and don't underestimate deadeye forbiddens, it's about 30% more damage
Last edited by auspexa on Sep 23, 2022, 12:43:06 PM
30% more damage and 32 Divines to achieve it. Or in other words: I will need 2 more doctors for that.

Also I maneuvered myself into a corner with my gear though. Now I have to level some gems till I can try to corrupt them to put them into my lords. But on the other hand I can't not use Lords because I'd be missing Elemental Overload.
"
Vacoh wrote:
30% more damage and 32 Divines to achieve it. Or in other words: I will need 2 more doctors for that.

Also I maneuvered myself into a corner with my gear though. Now I have to level some gems till I can try to corrupt them to put them into my lords. But on the other hand I can't not use Lords because I'd be missing Elemental Overload.

I had the same issue earlier. just buy corrupted 20/20s for now, they should be extremely cheap anyway. it's enough if ec is 21/20
Last edited by auspexa on Sep 23, 2022, 2:07:31 PM
So, as Vacoh stated i should be dropping GV for a corrupted 20/20 ele focus right? switching my lords to GGBBRR, also as auspexa said, i really don't want to use inspiration since i fell i might lose a valuable gem socket to increase damage. Can u achieve 0 mana cost by using Replica Conqueror's? Cause i've been following your footsteps auspexa and even if i'm not dealing huge amount of damage as you can achieve i feel good with what i have now but listening to my scion saying "i have nothing more to give" cause i have mana issues really bothers me and idk how to solve that issue without using Conquerors and respecting my tree. Any ideas?
"
ZaszJäger wrote:
So, as Vacoh stated i should be dropping GV for a corrupted 20/20 ele focus right? switching my lords to GGBBRR, also as auspexa said, i really don't want to use inspiration since i fell i might lose a valuable gem socket to increase damage. Can u achieve 0 mana cost by using Replica Conqueror's? Cause i've been following your footsteps auspexa and even if i'm not dealing huge amount of damage as you can achieve i feel good with what i have now but listening to my scion saying "i have nothing more to give" cause i have mana issues really bothers me and idk how to solve that issue without using Conquerors and respecting my tree. Any ideas?

I didn't say instead of GV. I said instead of Inspiration. And make it an Awakened EF, too! And lvl 3 at least to get the +1 to your Concoction level.

Edit: I just looked up your character. You have GMP and GV... so in this case you can switch out GV. But I think unless you are using the Anomalous Greater Multiple Projectiles it doesn't matter what you switch out I guess?
Last edited by Vacoh on Sep 23, 2022, 5:16:40 PM
"
ZaszJäger wrote:

I'm afraid it's not possible to reach 0 mana cost without replica conq eff and anomalous gmp, unless all your 3 jewelries have mana cost craft. But you can just spec out of that one attack damage passive above intuition, spec out of aspect of the lynx and buy a better medium jewel with 4/5 passives and get three points for basically free. and use those 3 points to get the socket next to elemental equilibrium (or the other cluster socket) for replica conq eff. we also benefit from +5 max rage so it's not a bad jewel at all. also idk why you keep the 30 str notable, you're already at 209 str and you don't need it anymore unless I missed something.

edit: misread that part, yes it's definitely possible to reach 0 mana cost on EC with replica conquerors efficiency and that's exactly why I'm using it. you might need a higher roll on the helmet implicit though.

your damage seems decent, but the problem is you don't have any aoe. we've discussed this many times in this thread before, aoe breakpoints for EC are 26/37/52/64/80. since you have only 10% aoe, you're dealing like 40% less damage than you would deal with 26% aoe, because your projectiles are not overlapping. if you get a helmet with 24% aoe enchant, and a replica conquerors efficiency with 4% aoe, you'll reach 38% aoe and hit the 21 radius breakpoint, you'll see that you're dealing like 80%-90% more damage on bosses. take a look at https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/qydlqn/poisonous_concoction_and_increased_aoe/

this is not only for the case of GMP+GV. Even if you use only GMP, 26% aoe helps tremendously. I have 52% aoe at the moment, without the helm enchant, and both the clear speed and bossing is amazing. I'll probably drop to 37% breakpoint and stay there as it seems enough
Last edited by auspexa on Sep 23, 2022, 6:47:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info