[3.20] 💥 Velyna's Explosive Concoction 💥 Leaguestart | Smooth Clear and Bossing | Deathless Feared

"
Zephryl wrote:
"
auspexa wrote:
"
Vacoh wrote:
I actually do have that already. Empower 3 at least and Lords. Currently at 300k something DPS (POB). And the only thing keeping me from getting Empower 4 is that I'm still figuring out if there maybe is something cheaper to get first. More bang for the buck if you want.

you can take a look at my current pob, most of the stuff is high-end but it should give an idea how to scale your damage further. empower 4 is pretty good but there are better upgrades for lower prices

Should I aim at getting Empower and getting a new colour setup for my chest, or try for an Enlighten 3 so I can run Aspect of the Spider too?

The Empower is definitely gonna be a big DPS boost, but, I figure the Enlighten+Aspect is a big all-round boost...

Not that I can afford either right now, this league has been real stingy to me especially with all the loot changes.

Edit:

Bit of context: I can do most red maps relatively easy, it's specific mechanics/mods and tougher content doing me in

I think aspect is fine as long as you won't face mana issues, don't need to invest that much into empower 4 when you can just get aspect and gain the same damage boost
i've been improving this and result are quite satisfactory, can't get to t16 tho, i haven't pushed yet. But i fear i might get stuck cause i don't have lords. I managed to make the build works with loyal instead and... kinda works. Should i be focusing on lords? can i chayula my loyal in an atempt to magically go to elemental overload? i mean lords is quite expensive in GGGRRB setup.
GGRRRB Lords are much cheaper if you go inspiration or fire pen instead of having both GV and GMP.
You can try chayula the skin and probably will scuff your build by getting CI or something so don't do it if you can't afford a replacement :)
After some consideration and tinkering with POB, the best forbidden jewel for ghost shroud/immortal ambition setups apppears to be trickster. Raider doesn't really give anything more than onslaught but that's obtainable through rings with onslaught on hit implicit or boots with onslaught implicit. We already have frenzy charges from the mark mastery, 10% ms and 20% suppression are kinda irrelevant since we can get that anywhere on the tree/gear and phasing isn't that important for me since I use frostblink anyway. Trickster ascendancy gives 14% more damage with 7 different masteries (which is what I'll run at level 98), a mini temporal chains for free, +6% additional spell damage prevention and es leech (not important). +6% spell damage prevention is insanely broken with ineveterate and the corresponding +3% mastery, because all of them combined means we have 62% spell damage prevention and we're mostly as full es with ghost shrouds and immortal ambition anyway. That means instead of taking 50% damage from spells, we take 38% and relatively that's 24% less damage taken from spells. Clearly my setup has slightly less speed and less damage but imo it's the optimal route for people who want to survive difficult maps and the lake.

Deadeye is also a great offensive option but I need to test whether all 10 projectiles overlap with 37% aoe. If you're not running gmp and gv together, then deadeye is BY FAR the best choice. The additional projectile matters much more if you're using only gmp or only gv.
"
auspexa wrote:
After some consideration and tinkering with POB, the best forbidden jewel for ghost shroud/immortal ambition setups apppears to be trickster. Raider doesn't really give anything more than onslaught but that's obtainable through rings with onslaught on hit implicit or boots with onslaught implicit. We already have frenzy charges from the mark mastery, 10% ms and 20% suppression are kinda irrelevant since we can get that anywhere on the tree/gear and phasing isn't that important for me since I use frostblink anyway. Trickster ascendancy gives 14% more damage with 7 different masteries (which is what I'll run at level 98), a mini temporal chains for free, +6% additional spell damage prevention and es leech (not important). +6% spell damage prevention is insanely broken with ineveterate and the corresponding +3% mastery, because all of them combined means we have 62% spell damage prevention and we're mostly as full es with ghost shrouds and immortal ambition anyway. That means instead of taking 50% damage from spells, we take 38% and relatively that's 24% less damage taken from spells. Clearly my setup has slightly less speed and less damage but imo it's the optimal route for people who want to survive difficult maps and the lake.

Deadeye is also a great offensive option but I need to test whether all 10 projectiles overlap with 37% aoe. If you're not running gmp and gv together, then deadeye is BY FAR the best choice. The additional projectile matters much more if you're using only gmp or only gv.

You mean for Forbidden Flesh/Flame? I was still going for slayer there. Then again getting Culling Strike is only 3 points if you get it from the tree. And isn't getting that up to 50% modifier counter productive to all the "the nearer the better" mods you have?

Edit: Ah yes, you wrote that. Missed the first sentence for whatever reason.

Edit 2: It shouldn't matter what "+1 level of elemental damage gems" you get on your amulet, right?
Last edited by Vacoh on Sep 11, 2022, 6:53:27 AM
"
Vacoh wrote:
"
auspexa wrote:

You mean for Forbidden Flesh/Flame? I was still going for slayer there. Then again getting Culling Strike is only 3 points if you get it from the tree. And isn't getting that up to 50% modifier counter productive to all the "the nearer the better" mods you have?

Edit: Ah yes, you wrote that. Missed the first sentence for whatever reason.

Edit 2: It shouldn't matter what "+1 level of elemental damage gems" you get on your amulet, right?

Slayer node is totally unnecessary, and Velyna herself doesn't use it either. We both use glorious vanity with immortal ambition node for overleech and we already have culling strike from the mark wheel. Other two mods are irrelevant. Aoe is technically not irrelevant because we need 37% aoe in any case but it's not a permanent aoe so it's simply better to get it by other means. Raider, deadeye, trickster, elementalist, inquisitor and juggernaut all seem to be viable options though.

Yes, any +1 works, but +1 to all skil gems is the best
Last edited by auspexa on Sep 11, 2022, 12:00:28 PM
"
auspexa wrote:

Slayer node is totally unnecessary, and Velyna herself doesn't use it either. We both use glorious vanity with immortal ambition node for overleech and we already have culling strike from the mark wheel. Other two mods are irrelevant. Aoe is technically not irrelevant because we need 37% aoe in any case but it's not a permanent aoe so it's simply better to get it by other means. Raider, deadeye, trickster, elementalist, inquisitor and juggernaut all seem to be viable options though.

When I saw this guide the first time it was. But after the 7th it was changed to the new tree we have now. Which is "kinda" sad. The Slayer Immortals were quite cheap while Raider, Pathfinder and even Deadeye cost 10 Divines each. So 20 for the passive. Which is not going to happen any time soon for me.

On another note: What would be the maximum you would pay for an amulet with +1 to elemental skills and +1 to all skills?
I'm currently searching for amulets with those settings (and I was too lazy to filter out all the Kalandramodifiers) and all the usable Amulets then start at 4-6 Divines:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Kalandra/XprYLv7TP

This is way more than what I would pay for an amulet just going with what my brain says. But if that's the "normal" price or the "expected" price... I guess I will pay it. As of now I'm still waiting to see if there maybe is a cheaper option sometime.
if I'm not being completely delusional, accuracy stacking juggernaut with oskarm (dont need the boots) should work very well for this skill, as we can utilize crit multi jewel mods to reach extremely high multiplier values and the low base crit issue is solved by oskarm. a survival jewel or the traitor keystone would take care of flask charge generation (or maybe just ignore cold/lightning portion, since it might not be possible to generate that many charges with such an attack speed). I haven't made a complete pob but it should be able to reach absurd amount of damage numbers scion would never be able to reach

"
Vacoh wrote:
"
auspexa wrote:

When I saw this guide the first time it was. But after the 7th it was changed to the new tree we have now. Which is "kinda" sad. The Slayer Immortals were quite cheap while Raider, Pathfinder and even Deadeye cost 10 Divines each. So 20 for the passive. Which is not going to happen any time soon for me.

On another note: What would be the maximum you would pay for an amulet with +1 to elemental skills and +1 to all skills?
I'm currently searching for amulets with those settings (and I was too lazy to filter out all the Kalandramodifiers) and all the usable Amulets then start at 4-6 Divines:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Kalandra/XprYLv7TP

This is way more than what I would pay for an amulet just going with what my brain says. But if that's the "normal" price or the "expected" price... I guess I will pay it. As of now I'm still waiting to see if there maybe is a cheaper option sometime.

I've never used +2 amulet with this build and I'm currently using ashes of the stars but I'd just craft my own +2 if I was going for it. there's a guaranteed way to get +2 with 5-6 div cost
Last edited by auspexa on Sep 22, 2022, 12:57:25 AM
I just went for it then. 4 Divines and I had the amulet.
As of now I also feel like I have peaked* with what I can achieve with this build. There's only the Enlighten to level and then get the banner. Damage is okay but I need more survivability. :D

*not talking about what you COULD do, but what I will be able to do since my drop luck sucks bad. I was extremely lucky to get one "the Doctor" drop, which basically enabled this build in the first place. Nothing else of value since that drop.
"
Vacoh wrote:
I just went for it then. 4 Divines and I had the amulet.
As of now I also feel like I have peaked* with what I can achieve with this build. There's only the Enlighten to level and then get the banner. Damage is okay but I need more survivability. :D

*not talking about what you COULD do, but what I will be able to do since my drop luck sucks bad. I was extremely lucky to get one "the Doctor" drop, which basically enabled this build in the first place. Nothing else of value since that drop.

Though it's a noncrit build and there's not much to carry the damage further so I kinda agree in that regard, I think there are still many ways to do it. I've recently dropped discipline for skitterbots and also dropped ghost dance and elemental overload, for this chest

I've made up for the damage loss by taking precise technique (same, 40% damage) and my EC is now level 32 without +2 amulet and these two changes gave me a significant damage boost (because I'm using awakened elemental focus, which is by far the best EC support, any shock greatly helps) and I have some more ideas in my mind to increase it further, such as wither belt enchant that reduces all enemy res by 6% and awakened enhance 5 for phantasmal ancestral protector (this alternate gem is MASSIVE for the build, even without enhance so get it if you don't have).

Deadeye forbidden jewels, precision mod watchers eye, unnatural instinct and the third medium cluster on the other wheel give a massive amount of dps boost as well, if you're looking for any upgrades. Maybe you'll get another doctor, you never know :D

If you're looking for survivability, you can import my character to see how I'm handling it right now, but the current version is less tanky than it used to be since I dropped a lot of defensive tools for more damage. It's still very tanky and I can do simulacrum wave 30 easily. Soon I'll get an awakened enhance 5 for my divergent withering step to ditch shield charge from the build (I'll use phantasmal lightning warp, it's the only blink skill that doesn't have a blink tag) and have pretty much permanent elusive with the +2 support gem craft on shield, which should help a bit for survivability as well as damage. You can also get a hunter belt or a hunter shield for 10% life mods, I don't have those because all hunter exs I used on belts failed and gave me something else
Last edited by auspexa on Sep 22, 2022, 4:29:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info