Recent Topics from Community Podcasts

I was so excited when I saw all the subjects from the podcasts but now I see GGG is not concerned about the main issues. And most of all, they don't plan to roll back any nerfs or give us information that we get some of that power back.

This is 100% going to kill the game before PoE 2. They need to adress the number of clicks, trading in general and the whole punishing vs challenging thing. Reducing power of the player relative to monsters without equal nerfs on monsters makes it just punishing and those games don't work.

I had hope, but they probably have really stubborn people in charge and they won't budge. Sadly, that's going to be their downfall.
HOT TAKE!

Hard Mode is EASY MODE!

Instead of the complexity of Harvest Crafting your own mirror worthy gear to fight T19 100% Deli maps or deep Delve, Chris is running the Acts and calling it "Hard" because he turned down the item drop rate.

Hard-Scarcity isn't actually hard, it just makes things take longer.

Hard-Complexity is actually hard.

Last edited by Gid_PathofExile on Aug 29, 2021, 11:13:29 PM
"
We'll also review flask focused unique items to see if there's any possible solutions that can be made accessible to players this way. For example, we could potentially create a unique item with the modifier, "Your Flasks are always in Effect".
You still never learned from your mistakes from your initial design of the Instilling orb. When are you going to learn if you want a "solution" to a problem don't hide that solution behind an RNG? What happens if the player is unlucky & cannot find that RNG gated solution? The player will feel bad & continuously suffer from the problem as if you have not fixed the problem for that player.

This is a bad design philosophy that you should avoid. That's why you keep repeating the same mistakes over & over again. You're just adding a band-aid fix that looks like a solution but never solves anything in the long run.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should not create items like that. Making those items as an additional reward or chase items is fine, but thinking of it as a "solution" to your problem is a bad design philosophy if you're trying to solve a problem.
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
GGG: "While we do intend to continue to make the campaign (Acts Two through Ten) more challenging, we do not have any other sweeping nerfs planned in terms of game systems and player power, although you should still expect the usual assortment of buffs and nerfs to specific skills"

I think Chris Wilson mentioned this as well in one of his interviews. It is definitely a GGG talking point. It needs to go on the bingo card.

Buffing mobs in the campaign buffs them in maps too right? Hopefully defense is sorted out too.

Pour one out for my Syndicate homies.

Complex PoE mechanics are getting Diablofied.

GGG: What's better than stable income? Random income of course.
Last edited by zakalwe55 on Aug 29, 2021, 11:24:58 PM
Making all the acts more difficult is the dumbest thing you can be spending time on. The majority of players hate leveling through the acts, and can't wait to get into maps where the real fun begins. You're just making the worst part of the game take longer, and forcing more players to quit early.

I don't play every league any more, and I rarely play a second character when I do because the acts are so terrible and boring. I don't care how great PoE 2 will be, it's still years away and I was tired of 10 acts a year ago. This will 100% make me play less, and the less I play the less money I put into the game.
"
Ishid4 wrote:
"
(or a separate auction system)

Yes, please.

You aren't getting an auction house. Unlike with all the other questions, they simply acknowledged this one, but didn't promise to do anything about it. And they've made it clear many times over the years that they're not going to.
"
impulze3 wrote:
"
In 3.16, we plan to further nerf Fortify

lmao

Cute way to misquote them. Here's the full line -

"
In 3.16, we plan to further nerf Fortify to bring it in line with its intended use as a defensive tool for melee characters.

Fortify was always presented as a melee defensive tool, right from the time it was added to the game. This is merely bringing it back in line with what it had always been intended to be.
Last edited by Exile009 on Aug 29, 2021, 11:26:22 PM
L
M
A
O
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
impulze3 wrote:
"
In 3.16, we plan to further nerf Fortify

lmao

Cute way to misquote them. Here's the full line -

"
In 3.16, we plan to further nerf Fortify to bring it in line with its intended use as a defensive tool for melee characters.

Fortify was always presented as a melee defensive tool, right from the time it was added to the game. This is merely bringing it back in line with what it had always been intended to be.

in reality all the uses it had are gonna get gutted. Casters who used it with shield charge will take 20% more damage

its a nerf alright, no misquotes here
Very cool mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3227915
"
We heard the feedback that players want the ability to deterministically grind for specific items to a larger degree than they currently can.

Players also expressed that they'd appreciate improvements to the trade site (or a separate auction system) to make it easier to trade large quantities of certain items like currency items or maps. We also discussed making sure that we communicate when a Divination Card's drop location is changed so that players are not wasting their time farming areas that previously could but can no longer yield the item they're looking for.

So in other wors corporate speech for: you said some things, we saw it and wont do anything about it since we dont care.

You really do want to go down to EAs level of (in)competence do you ?
GGG refuses to buff Melee and gives every surivability tool to Spell/Ranged/Minion Builds because they dont play the game or at least melee themself.
[Removed by Support]
-The Truth
Last edited by Geistermeister36 on Aug 30, 2021, 12:03:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info