[3.16] CoC Ice Spear Freezing Pulse Build | Deadeye | Scourge | Path of Exile 3.16

Hey guys, I've played a very similar build in ritual league. I didn't update that build because of mana cost changes. Bow coc builds have a safer playstyle comparing to cyclone ones. You don't have stay at melee range to deal damage. If you struggle with survivability playing cyclone coc builds you may wanna try this one. It's really fun to play. I did gem swap in the video on bosses. Dropped freezing pulse for increased critical damage.

Build Cost
- Medium Budget: 10-50 ex

Mana: We have another thing to deal with after the changes and it's mana costs. How do I sustain mana?
- Non-Channelling Skills have # to Total Mana Cost mod on rings
- # Mana gained for each Enemy Hit by your Spells mod on one ring
- Replica Conqueror's Efficiency
- Divergent Inspiration

Critical Strike Chance: Aim for %100 crit chance.
How can I get crit chance?
- Power charges
- Diamond Flask, Cinderswallow with crit chance mod, Bottled Faith
- Inspiration charges
- Precision, Ice Golem
- Jewels

Accuracy: We need %100 hit chance.

Inspired Learning: I use one while mapping. It's not strong as headhunter but still good.

Crafting Bow: Get a Shaper base bow (item level +75). Spam "Deafening Essence of Woe" until you get "Socketed Gems are supported by Level # Cast On Critical Strike". Do this until you satisfied with other mods.

Leveling: I leveled up with Rain of Arrows. Leveling gems and trees made for that.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/3idDW3wY

Build Video: https://youtu.be/LkA7XhnLvN0

Bandits: Kill All (Alira is fine too)

3.16 CHANGES:
- Acrobatics has been redesigned. It no longer has any of it's old properties, but now changes any modifiers to Spell Suppression into Spell Dodge at 50% of it's value. The intention is that Acrobatics is the only source in the entire game for Spell Dodge, for characters who would like to benefit from that playstyle still. Spell Dodge is still capped at 75%, and the Keystone Passive will specifically mention this.
- Change Wind Dancer to further improve high Evasion builds rather than reducing Evade chance, but making it riskier if you're not Evading attacks a lot. It now gives 20% less Attack Damage taken if you haven't been Hit by an Attack recently, and 40% more Evasion Rating and 20% more Attack Damage taken if you have been Hit, so it's better for Evasion characters that have a high Evasion Rating and bad for characters that are being hit a lot. It has no interaction with Spells now, to focus its interaction on Evasion.

(Footage is from 3.15)

Gear:

Gem Setup:

Tornado Shot (Divergent) - Inspiration (Divergent) - Awakened Added Cold Damage - Freezing Pulse (Increased Critical Damage for bosses) - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Ice Spear

Asenath's Chant:
Hydrosphere - Sniper's Mark - Creeping Frost - Bonechill

Herald of Ice - Hatred - Enlighten (Lvl 3) - Precision - Vitality (Lvl 1) / Summon Ice Golem

Flame Dash - Second Wind - Arcane Surge (Lvl 7) / Blood Rage

Immortal Call (Lvl 1) - Cast when Damage Taken (Lvl 7) - Increased Duration - Vaal Haste
Last edited by wishdropper on Oct 23, 2021, 6:20:02 AM
Last bumped on Feb 8, 2022, 2:38:18 PM
Hi, Lucas here. Just wanna ask why is that my Ice Spear and Freezing Pulse is not linking together with other skills?

first step for improve boss fight? great and fun for maps with inspired learning but no-way build with elder/shaper guardians and end-game bosses for me atm.
Last edited by Beskaius on Sep 5, 2021, 3:00:06 AM
POB has been updated to 3.16.
Could you update your tree?
Where is the leveling tree for gems? or am i just blind?
"
liquidangel wrote:
Where is the leveling tree for gems? or am i just blind?

Try with Rain of arrows or Ice shot for clearing and barrage for single target. Lvling was painfull for me until Asenath's chant was on the char.
I'm trying this build, and at level 75 i deal very low dmg and i die often because I've got no defence, the clear speed in white maps is nice. But i can't even do Izaro. What should i do?
Alternative Unique items? to farm CoC Bow...
IF I have an armor that has "You can apply an additional curse" mod on it, what can I allocate in place of "Whispers of Doom"? Thank you for the guide btw.

Nevermind, saw your post about in under comments for your youtube video "heart of ice", thank you.
Last edited by louisciper on Nov 24, 2021, 3:46:02 AM
Went all in on that build and put some serious budget in it, but there is like no defense layer at all. Every projectile is deadly and bossing is well, yeah we do some shittone of damage but if you can't stand even one hit its nearly impossible. Maybe there is a magic trick to this build but it never clicked to me.

But it looks fucking awesome to shot all the projectiles.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info