so when does console get a stream? were people too and deserve to be heard.

from what i saw we got one question tossed in at the end and thats it again.
thats not enough. we have issues that need addressing. stop discriminating against part of your player base and say something ggg.
Last bumped on Oct 27, 2021, 6:51:38 PM
The last interview that Ben Affleck gave, he didnt once answer a single question pertaining to inuit people. The dude is clearly a racist.

In other words. How is GGG discriminating against console, if Chris wasnt asked any console specific questions?

I do agree that it would be nice if we had more answers specifically for the console community. What we need is a voice. I feel fairly sure, that if some popular console twitch guy asked for a pow-wow with Chris as he was making the rounds, that he would have done it. Someone has to be willing take the initiative to carry that torch though.

Aint me though. Im 50/50 when making buttered toast that the knife or a slice doesnt touch the floor.

ziz told us he was going to ask questions pertaining to console. we got one question thrown in at then end when everyone was running away.
for 2 days i tried to give him questions and was blown off. his chat telling me theres lots of questions about console and to shut up about it. he answered one himself the said he would be representing consoles very good...
again where is our representation? WE ARE THE MINORITY. why is it that the console minority is allowed to be discriminated against?
Ah, well i didnt know all that. Hes a PC player so it doesnt surprise me that he might have gotten forgetful on the consoles behalf during the stream.

I guess knowing that now though, i get the frustration.

We are definitely lacking a voice to represent us. The PC have many but we have none. Its obviously apparent that the forum isnt cutting it when it comes to getting some clarity on things. It'd be great if we had someone who could piggyback their way onto these Q&A streams, to ask about console specific questions *cough QQPQ cough*

im disgusted at being treated like unhuman garbage because i play on console.

i just went on twitch and spoke to 2 streamers who are interviewing chris next and both said they dont play console so they wont ask questions about it.
so much for being apart of the poe "community". then i was then told to make my own content and ask chris myself by their chat... so very welcomeing...
Thats what i would expect they would say. Im surprised Ziz didnt tell you the same honestly. From what ive seen of him, he seems a good head and he may have just been accommodating because hes to nice a guy to say no?

Poe on PC and console.. We are both in the same world, but from 2 vastly different countries.

It is up to the console side of things, to champion an individual, that can voice our concerns in the same way that the PC side does.

We need a person willing to do that. One that people agree would be best suited to do it, and then we need to back that person up and demand that we be heard through that person in the same way that the PC community is being heard. A coordinated effort by everyone. Not singular venting threads. They dont do diddly.

One person making angry posts can be easily dismissed as anything. Bratty, uninformed, troublemaking, attention seeking. You can be deemed however is needed to best suit the situation. Thats not so easy to do when a person has the power of numbers backing up the same concerns, who is articulating them in a calm, well thought out, and respectful manner.

Anyway thats how i see it. I wont speak more on it cause its a waste of thought unless we first had that voice that would be willing to try.

Back to the grind with me.
"
itz TAXI wrote:
for 2 days i tried to give him questions and was blown off.

What questions did you want answered?

Also, I'll point out that they were cut off before getting to ask all of their questions, because Chris had a meeting. It's entirely possible that Ziz had more Console questions lined up, and didn't get the time to ask them.

he did not have anymore questions. i was in chat today. he said that one questions was all we got because were "only 50 players on console..." so we dont get a voice because we are a small community. isnt that funny.
i had questions about the transparancy that ggg said they would be having on console. performance issues, i cant word things properly. my brain doesnt work good sometimes. i still tried to give questions and was told no.
ggg wont help me because i dont speak like them. streamers wont help due to the same reason. being disabled is hard enough. being ignored because you are disabled is a really shitty feeling.
"
itz TAXI wrote:
he did not have anymore questions. i was in chat today. he said that one questions was all we got because were "only 50 players on console..." so we dont get a voice because we are a small community. isnt that funny.
i had questions about the transparancy that ggg said they would be having on console. performance issues, i cant word things properly. my brain doesnt work good sometimes. i still tried to give questions and was told no.

First, I think it's important to separate out the behavior of the streamer, and the behavior of chat. Twitch Chat is still 99% "cOnSoLe omegaLUL GTFO". That's frustrating, but it's not the streamer's fault. Ziz is usually a very welcoming, genuine, and nice person. He runs special streams on Christmas every year so that people who don't have anywhere else to be can still have *some* human interaction. Sometimes he can get a little short or be a bit abrasive or dismissive. I assure you it does not come from ill will on his part. Managing a community of many thousands of people and being one of the faces of PoE is a serious challenge, and many people would not be able to do it.

Second, being a small community is relevant. Let's suppose that Ziz put in 10 questions about console, out of a total of 50 questions (I didn't count, that's just a guess). How are the PC players who are literally 99% of the community going to react to 20% of the time being given to console? To take it further, what if some of the questions applied only to a portion of the console players?

I'm not saying we don't deserve a voice, but maybe that wasn't the right forum for it.

"
itz TAXI wrote:

ggg wont help me because i dont speak like them. streamers wont help due to the same reason. being disabled is hard enough. being ignored because you are disabled is a really shitty feeling.

Having read many of your forum posts, you often come across very abrasive, sometimes to the point of being rude.

Given that streamers deal with abuse and deliberate trolling every time they stream, I would think it would be quite difficult for them to spot the difference between someone who has difficulty communicating because of a disability versus someone who is just trolling.

Are there methods you can use to help you communicate more clearly? Or someone you could get help from?

I have no idea what would work for you, but just as an example of the sort of thing that I do: when I'm feeling strongly about something (usually angry or upset) related to the game, and I'm writing a forum post, I make sure to re-read it after I've written it (before posting), and I try to remove any parts that are excessively argumentative or combative. If some information from those parts were necessary, I try to reword them in less argumentative ways.

Then, after I post it, I immediately read it again, from the start. This often results in my hitting "edit" and changing a few things.

My worst posts are the ones I wrote while angry and then didn't reread or edit.

I understand that this method might not work for you at all, but it's just an example of the sort of thing that *might* help you communicate better.

I also get that this wouldn't really work for trying to submit questions to a streamer mid-stream. But often it's better to send things by email or direct message, where you can take your time to compose them and be sure you're saying what you mean.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info