Poison Claw Pathfinder is actually still pretty good --- 3.15 viper strike/cobra lash

"
"
Martynovych wrote:
To be fair, I've only briefly scanned the forumns, poe ninja, a handful of streamers/youtubers - and found not one 3.15 updated poison claw build. But the community is bigger than my basic search for sure.

I personally don't enjoy clearing with pestilent strike or ancestral call viper strike, so i made this hybrid cobra/viper. But if people are enjoying it I'd love to learn something new about the build, got any links?

It's mostly still the 3.13 transcendence version which is very tanky but this time more people are staying perfect form for that arctic armor. For clear its just VS with melee splash and swap to damage for bosses. It's pretty versatile and you can mix and match, I've put a solstice and got whispers of doom for the chains which is great for anomalous AA and poison in general.

On POE ninja just filter for the people with iron reflexes.

Hey nice good find on ninja. You'd think the flask nerfs hit the granite/jade/stib flasks too hard for transendence to still work as well, but I'll check it out. Might be cool.

edit: so none of them get close to even 5m dps or 50k ehp. I guess their elemental defense is pretty beefy, but it seems like a huge investment for that niche little bonus.
Last edited by Martynovych on Aug 9, 2021, 11:19:24 PM
"
Martynovych wrote:
"
"
Martynovych wrote:
To be fair, I've only briefly scanned the forumns, poe ninja, a handful of streamers/youtubers - and found not one 3.15 updated poison claw build. But the community is bigger than my basic search for sure.

I personally don't enjoy clearing with pestilent strike or ancestral call viper strike, so i made this hybrid cobra/viper. But if people are enjoying it I'd love to learn something new about the build, got any links?

It's mostly still the 3.13 transcendence version which is very tanky but this time more people are staying perfect form for that arctic armor. For clear its just VS with melee splash and swap to damage for bosses. It's pretty versatile and you can mix and match, I've put a solstice and got whispers of doom for the chains which is great for anomalous AA and poison in general.

On POE ninja just filter for the people with iron reflexes.

Hey nice good find on ninja. You'd think the flask nerfs hit the granite/jade/stib flasks too hard for transendence to still work as well, but I'll check it out. Might be cool.

edit: so none of them get close to even 5m dps or 50k ehp. I guess their elemental defense is pretty beefy, but it seems like a huge investment for that niche little bonus.

There might be a bug where the physical downside isn't being applied so you get the upside without the physical weakness. For the DPS it takes a while for it to gear up, I think with better weapons such as elder void fangs and uncheck the melee splash to physical you can get up to 10m.

Also with POB when you rip the data from ninja make sure you edit the elder mod. It's not being recognized in the POB right now.
Feeling pretty good atm.

At about 100K EHP and 10M sirus dps.

Need to pick up a malev watchers eye and some elusive / dodge boots and I think smooth sailing. Can't afford replica farruls (spent too much crafting claws).

Build has a fun play style!
Hi Guys.

How can I fix the elder mod not displaying correctly in POB?
"
Werdy wrote:
Hi Guys.

How can I fix the elder mod not displaying correctly in POB?

So hypothetically you can just add it as 'chaos damage over time multiplier' and it should register. But i'm unsure of the exact mechanics, and left it out of the POB i included.

But for the boots, find 10/10 dodge for attacks/spells then lock suff and reforge crit for the elusive. And the farrul's is just the icing on top, for the endurance charges. I even opted to drop herald of agony for flesh and stone's blind aura for the silky smooth 90% avoidance.

Hope it's treating you well, the build is a gem of an all rounder. I've made it half a dozen times since heist league i believe.
It has been great. Like yourself I am hitting a point of diminishing returns though - all I can really do is craft some dual elevated elder/hunter gloves but it's a lot of work for not much gain!

Have done all content with the build.
Playing a similar build in SSF. Killed my first Sirus A1 this league with 1 portal today (nothing special, but it was my first goal in this league). Of course I have worse gear but mapping still feels great. Got 2 watchstones from 10 bosses maven fights and killed a lich in 85 lvl abyss depths. So the build is good even after such nerfs. Btw it's hard to get elder claws in SSF, so the progress is slower
Would be nice to see an updated pob for this one
I've been in pob since yesterday tinkering with this trying to make it work.

Wanting to use CL for mapping and Viper for single probably. It's difficult
"
DrazyHaze wrote:
I've been in pob since yesterday tinkering with this trying to make it work.

Wanting to use CL for mapping and Viper for single probably. It's difficult

I would love a POB.. =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info