Poison Claw Pathfinder is actually still pretty good --- 3.15 viper strike/cobra lash

So here in 3.15 my pathfinder clears like a beast with a pseudo 7-link cobra lash in the gloves, and melts bosses with 12m sirus dps. Also rocking 100k ehp and almost half decent chaos res.

I'm posting because of the lack of any inspiration to be found in other people's posts, the poison claw pathfinder looks dead to the public eye. But it levels decently, coasts up to reds with -5ex budget, and scales beautifully with more investment.

I'm not the best at formatting these posts, but i can provide a pob and some gear links for the anyone who's curious. I hit a point of diminishing returns though, so this might be the first and last update this league.

POB
https://pastebin.com/2Sx2DEsC

GEAR
Last bumped on Nov 1, 2021, 12:52:48 PM
I don't think it's dead. Quite a few people still playing the transcendence version.

To be fair, I've only briefly scanned the forumns, poe ninja, a handful of streamers/youtubers - and found not one 3.15 updated poison claw build. But the community is bigger than my basic search for sure.

I personally don't enjoy clearing with pestilent strike or ancestral call viper strike, so i made this hybrid cobra/viper. But if people are enjoying it I'd love to learn something new about the build, got any links?
Currently searching for a build that is "pretty good".

Is there any chance you could showcase the build?
And did you struggle with anything? Defensewise?
Interesting. Might reroll into this.

Best way to craft the claws is with fossils I assume? Any suggestions? Also using regular farruls vs replica
"
Martynovych wrote:
To be fair, I've only briefly scanned the forumns, poe ninja, a handful of streamers/youtubers - and found not one 3.15 updated poison claw build. But the community is bigger than my basic search for sure.

I personally don't enjoy clearing with pestilent strike or ancestral call viper strike, so i made this hybrid cobra/viper. But if people are enjoying it I'd love to learn something new about the build, got any links?

It's mostly still the 3.13 transcendence version which is very tanky but this time more people are staying perfect form for that arctic armor. For clear its just VS with melee splash and swap to damage for bosses. It's pretty versatile and you can mix and match, I've put a solstice and got whispers of doom for the chains which is great for anomalous AA and poison in general.

On POE ninja just filter for the people with iron reflexes.

- duplicate post
Last edited by HamsterTrainer on Aug 9, 2021, 6:06:02 PM
"
K0rcii wrote:
Currently searching for a build that is "pretty good".

Is there any chance you could showcase the build?
And did you struggle with anything? Defensewise?

Unfortunately I've never recorded any footage in game. If there's an easy way to clip a few minutes with some free software, I'd be willing to try. But i'd need some pointers so no guaruntees

For the feel, it starts out consistent enough with 40/30 dodge nodes while levelling. Consistent while mapping, with occasional popping from bosses. But the idea here is to stack 10 to 15 second poisons so that you only have to attack a boss until 10% of it's life is gone, then you can step back and let your wither totems finish it off. It's very chill.

But by the time you get to red maps you'll want to invest in the block nodes (that also generally have some attack speed/damage) and flesh and stone (or redeemers blind chest), and with some nice 10/10 dodge boots (elusive helps too) you'll start to feel tanky again. Once you swap in fortify and some sort of endurance charge generation, the build can comfortably waltz into a boss's threat range and apply more than enough poison procs before backing off to watch the magic happen.
"
Werdy wrote:
Interesting. Might reroll into this.

Best way to craft the claws is with fossils I assume? Any suggestions? Also using regular farruls vs replica

The claws take a lot of fossils, yep. I usually make my first set by spamming abberants untill i get flat chaos and chaos dot elder poison mob, then craft attack speed. if there's no open suffix i'll beast craft or null roll to make one, the claws aren't worth much without attack speed.

The end of the endgame claws can be made with 10-20ex worth of corroded/metallic/shuddering fossils, less if you're lucky. Again you want flat chaos, elder poison, attack speed - then you're looking for dot multi with an open pre.

But i made one of my claws by nulling everything but the flat chaos/elder poison/attack speed. Then multimoded chaos dot and chaos dmg/skill duration. This one was probably the best claw i could make for this build.

As for regular farrul's vs replica, it's just an inferior alternative as far as i can tell. The power charges don't do much, and cat's stealth is much worse than cat's agility for this build. You'd be better off with a redeemer chest with frenzy and blind or something
Thanks for the reply.

Actually bought a base from you today. Been trying to roll them myself but probably burned 10 ex in fossils with nothing great!

Just the way it goes lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info