Summon Reaper

I messed around with a "Summon Reaper of Revenants" on standard (char: Quillserpent) before the Affliction league, and had some real fun with it. Going to replicate it for the Affliction league (char: HeavenDenies).

My suggestion: Could we have a gem that would disable to Reapers' ability to use consume on those minions supported by said gem? I was thinking for this to be applied to the "Meat Shield" gem, so any Reaper build could also benefit from the new specters or the other current minions in the game. Because currently I believe this is the biggest issue with creating any Reaper build - is that you essentially have to have them completely unsupported by the other minion support(s). And the Reapers' dps currently doesn't offset this unfortunately.
Last edited by HeavenDenies on Dec 14, 2023, 5:43:03 PM
"
pellus wrote:
Make the player transform into the reaper.
I have played on my level 90 necro and any other minion perform better. Its just not a good concept to only have 1 minion when its bad.

It needs global use. Aoe permanenet taunt, be unkillable. Or be a transformed player with new abilities.

They wanted to copy Last Epoch’s reaper form without making it a blatant copy. It became a worst reap that attacks were you send it to.

I’ve tried Reaper of Eviscerating and it makes no sense whatsoever. I need to spend points on minion nodes when I could just use Reap because I need to make it attack.. and re summon it because it dies contantly.
I like the visuals of the gem. I like the active ability that feels like and looks like an "ult" if you're running a minion army.

I don't mind other minions having reduced effectiveness if that damage is applied through the reapers "ult". (I do not know if it's "competitive").

I don't like the micromanagement created with it consuming specters and to a lesser extent other minions.

If I used Animate Guardian I'd also probably be annoyed, assuming it will eat that too. (I just haven't gotten invested enough to make a hungry loop)

It's a cool minion with an interactive component that unfortunately gives a lot of headache when used with other minions and is why I don't use it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info